1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mike's Lizards

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by mcasefire, Jan 6, 2009.

1. mcasefire
    Cold One

mcasefire Member

Here is my carnosaur. Sorry for the bluriness. I will post more. Let me know what you think.

Picture013.jpg

Picture010.jpg

2. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Looks pretty cool. I don't know about that chain, though. I think you'd be better off changing your Saurus' hand to a fist clenched around it, to make it look more like he's holding on to it and less like it's draped around his hand.

3. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

I like the basing of this model a lot.

4. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

Could you post a few shots from different angles?

Digg your carno and basing, but think some of the coulors on the oldblood seem a bit odd..

Anyway, good work man!

5. mcasefire
    Cold One

mcasefire Member

What do you think??

Attached Files:

6. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Have you drybrushed silver on that second one? Looks a tiny bit strange, but overall the scheme looks good.

The first.. It is indeed a very elaborate base, pretty cool looking, I think almost a bit too much though. I see a carnosaur as not a subtle beast, it should be open and exposed, the base seems to hide it a bit and make it look smaller than it is. Could be just the photo though, and that is me being a bit picky. :p Looks cool.

7. Eagleblaze
    Temple Guard

Eagleblaze New Member

I liked the first, makes a nice showpiece model.

However I'm not a fan of the 2nd one, it doesn't seem to scream ultimate predator it just screams beast of chaos which couldn't really be further from what the lizardmen are all about - sorry to be so critical

-Eagle-

8. mcasefire
    Cold One

mcasefire Member

Thanks for the comments. This first model is my Kroq-Gar and Grimloc piece. The second one is my created Old Blood, Xlorian and his mount Killian.
    In my Lizardmen world, this Carnosaur was a pet of Chaos, infact he was a personal favorite of Asavar Kul the Anointed. But was taken back by Xlorian while he was in search of the Chaqua storm rod that was stolen by a band of empire swine. He came across a small raiding unit of Chaos Marauders that had just settled down for the evening. Xlorian would not have any Chaos within his jungles and so before they new what hit them, they layed dead. But why were they pulling this Carnosaur around with them. Maybe they were going to unleash him on somebody. Good thing that Xlorian had the gift of communicating with the beasts of the jungle through the god of Itzl. When Xlorian came back to Lustria riding the beast, and a tortured one at that. The rest of Lustria truly believed that Xlorian was blessed by the god Itzl and the god Sotek. Thrusting him onto the path of Oldblood-hood granted by the the Oldones themselves.
    This is why I painted and designed my Carnosaur the way I did. On alot of my hardened warriors I have placed alot of Chaos trophies on them. In my my Lustria they hate Chaos more than any race. They feel more threatened by them than any others. They wear the scalps and heads of slained Chaos warriors proudly. They put the shields and banners of Chaos onto their own banner poles to show others that they mean business.

I will be putting up some more pics of my army very soon. Stay posted.

9. mcasefire
    Cold One

mcasefire Member

So here are some more lizards. I have coverted 2 of my EoG's. The Coldone unit you see is Kroq-Gars unit he brings as a core so I dedicated 6 of my 40 coldones and converted them to this special unit. Pictures mat be a little blurry in some photos. Anyways comments are greatly appreciated.

DSCN3442.jpg

DSCN3443.jpg

DSCN3444.jpg

DSCN3445.jpg

DSCN3447.jpg

DSCN3448.jpg

DSCN3449.jpg

DSCN3450.jpg

Kroq-Gars Unit.....

DSCN3462.jpg

DSCN3461.jpg

DSCN3453.jpg

DSCN3451.jpg

this is my scar-vet on a coldone. WIP

My Slann..

Chakax...

Attached Files:

10. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Not bad, but if you want my honest opinion, I've never been a fan of the toy dinosaur type of modelling. I am a fan, however, of your Slann, especially his base. You've managed to avoid the stupid little flying base and make it look stellar at the same time.

11. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Wait... So your core cold ones are more special than your special cold ones? :jawdrop:
    (Just messing around :p)

I agree with asrodrig that the Slann is my favourite of them, they all look good though. If I were to be picky I would wonder where the poles are going into the plastic dinosaurs? They seem to be just precariously balanced, as opposed to the steg model which actually has joints nailed onto it to hold the howdah up. I think it would have been worth modelling something onto the plastic dinosaurs, even if it was just to cut the bottom of the poles flat so they looked like they were staked into the creatures.