1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My First lizardman!

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by nathanbomb6, Aug 26, 2012.

1. nathanbomb6
    Saurus

nathanbomb6 New Member

I have started lizardmen quite some time ago now, and have only painted them the normal blue colour. However I am an awful painter and the painted models are to embarrassing to put up.
    Yesterday I went to GW and randomly got some paints aiming for brownish colours. I began painting yesterday and have today finished. I would like to know if it's at a good enough painted model for a match. (the Base will be completed). Also I have not ever had a match as none of my friends play it and my parents do nt let me go all the way to Stevenage to play (i'm in Royston, if there is any other gamers here) :rolleyes:

2ec402f6.jpg
    8a24a97f.jpg
    6de91897.jpg
    b3c790c0.jpg
    2960f2e7.jpg
    9e0f9e65.jpg

Advice and criticism welcome and needed!! Thanks!

2. nathanbomb6
    Saurus

nathanbomb6 New Member

Thank god the pictures there it took me like an hour to figure this out! :D

3. Ragnar
    Saurus

Ragnar New Member

These look great :) I love the accents you've done on the head, as well as the multicolour spikes along the back!

Don't worry about feeling like you're a bad painter. I feel like that too but people say my stuff looks fine, and I say that your stuff looks awesome, nice work mate!

4. nathanbomb6
    Saurus

nathanbomb6 New Member

Thankyou so much! It makes me feel so much more releaved to here people approve of it! I think it really suits my idea of desert or rocky lizardmen that I had in mind! thanks a bunch for you comment!
    Also just recently saw you army that you posted! LOVE IT! :D
    and just to add it will have some touching up and they eyes will be complete! aha!

5. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

I really like the naturalistic paint scheme man. :D

6. lordberti3
    Saurus

lordberti3 New Member

your army will look great in this colour scheme, very naturalistic and very unique.
    an army to be proud of fielding.

7. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

You have lots of nice things going on with that miniature! It's definitely table top quality. Keep up the good work!

8. nathanbomb6
    Saurus

nathanbomb6 New Member

OMFG.
    Thankyou so much. I can't even.
    Wow. Thank you for you comments I didn't realise that it was a good standard model! :D
    I will be much more confident from now on and try to get a game up and running once i'm finished. which may take time but oh well!
    Thank you every one!

9. Kharn The Betrayer
    Razordon

Kharn The Betrayer New Member

How did you do the spear shaft?

10. nathanbomb6
    Saurus

nathanbomb6 New Member

The stick part was painted khorne red and the weapon part was mournefang brown as a coat then gehenna's gold followed by a wash of seraphim serpia.
    I highlighted the gold with a mix of runefang steel and gehhena's gold (more gold than steel)
    And I just washed the stick with some seraphim serpia because I just got a lazy ahaa! Even though it does no difference really :)

11. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

Good, now go there and paint and then show us the whole unit when you are done!