1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Kroq-Gar astrolith bearer

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Tiderox, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Tiderox
    Saurus

Tiderox Active Member

F3E49597-AC9B-40E9-821A-22DE5F94E46D.jpeg Initially I wanted to do a Kroq-gar on foot model, and use him as a sunblood or old blood. But I’m in need of an astrolith bearer so tried a bit of kit bashing. Gonna need green stuff to fill some holes specifically his arm with the standard. Had to dislocate his shoulder so he held the banner up instead of pointing forward.

2. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

A bit of greenstuff to fill the gap and maybe remove those left overs from the mold on the spear, otherwise he seems well on his way to be a great Astrolith Bearer.

Just one thing: Are you going to make a new thread for every new thing you make? It might be easier to make one thread and update that as you go; it will also be more convenient for others if they want to see all your creations :)

3. Tiderox
    Saurus

Tiderox Active Member

Oh yah I still gotta trim him up I guess haha. Well I doubt I’ll be posting much more for a while lol, just gonna bang out some old unfinished models( currently working on old cold ones with metal riders). But if I do more posts on painted stuff I’ll be sure to add it to my trog post!

4. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

This looks good. Which kit do the parts for Kroc’gar on foot come from?

Tiderox likes this.
  5. Tiderox
    Saurus

Tiderox Active Member

I purchased the starclaw strikehost battalion, which gives you the option for an old blood on foot if you decide to make the troglodon. So I just threw the legs on the Kroq-gar body, and added a few extra pieces from older kits to make the banner from his spear. Which kit do you have?

6. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

I have the one that came out around Xmas. (It does have the Carnasaur / Troglodon sprues.)

7. Tiderox
    Saurus

Tiderox Active Member

I think you should be able to make it then, for the banner wings I used Saurus banners. Let me know if you give it a shot I’d love to see