1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Lore of Life slann (Throne of vines)

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by strim.uphill, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Naiilo
    Skink

Naiilo New Member

That is fantastic. I am now resisting the urge to try to do something similar...... :D

2. T`hinker`er
    Salamander

T`hinker`er Active Member

Excellent vintage! I too can't wait to see the finished product. All those little grapes must have taken ages to roll into balls. How did you avoid getting fingerprints on them?

3. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

Your best work I have seen yet. You should probably start a painting log so people can fallow your work. I never know it's something you've done till I get in the topic.

4. strim.uphill
    Skink

strim.uphill New Member

I know it's been quite a long time, but i have been very busy at college. I know it's not a very big update, but this is all i've had time to do on the model (i have another models waiting to be finished... it's like i want to do too many things at the same time :D :oops: ).

The Throne of Vines is finished (not painted, but everything will come in time), and i have the slann quite advanced (though not finished yet, so the slann itself will have to wait; the one shown is the original slann miniature, the one i'm using at the moment). I have done the base in order to show the throne emerging from the ground, breaking the pavement from the temple, so all the carvings in the floor are broken and in pieces.

Well, these are the pictures. Sorry about the poor quality of the photos, but i'm a lousy photographer.

Front view:

img2261z.jpg

Side view:

img2262xg.jpg

Rear view:

img2263ao.jpg

The other side:

img2264q.jpg

A pic taken from above in order to wacth the base as a single unit (have you understood this? sorry for my english guys :D ):

img2265xu.jpg

So, apart from the slann itself (i'm working on it and i'll post the pictures when it's finished) and the lack of painting (i'm thinking of having it painted by a friend of mine who is a semi-pro painter), i think it's done.

Would you do anything else on the model, like a couple more plants in the ground or something like that, or would it be just too much for the base or the model?

As always, CaC always welcome.

5. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

(Eagerly awaiting painted Slann)

Ps. oh you seem to be missing a Skink attendant. ;)

6. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

It looks very awesome, I'd love to see it painted!

7. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

thats a really cool conversion. maybe the outer branches of the vines are a bit larger than i would have made them, but overall it has a great epic feel to it. i am really looking forward to seeing it painted :)

8. strim.uphill
    Skink

strim.uphill New Member

Yeah... I'm working on one, but not just for this slann. I'm making it interchangeable, as that miniature will be carrying the army banner, so it will be a great way of showing who the Battle Standard Bearer is.

Anyway, do you think i should put a skink in the palanquin?

9. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I would think about putting a converted chameleon on the base. With all the vines and stuff, it would look cool.

10. Zwuppie
    Razordon

Zwuppie Member

This is one of the most epic convertions of a slann i've ever seen!

11. Moustache
    Skink

Moustache New Member

Pretty damn good. All I can say is that you may want to remove some grapes, otherwise he'll look like he's in a vineyard. But it's amazing all the same. :meh:

12. Poqenichi
    Skink

Poqenichi New Member

This is insane work! Well done, one question would you consider doing commission work? I've been looking for a 'throne' like this for a while, you have top skill with GS!