1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Nearly invincible Saurus Guard, Maybe?(just for fun)

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Gloridruinelyn, Aug 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

We still have decently powerfull summoning. Which does give us some utility & negates our low stats to an extend. Our battleline also isn't terribly expensive either so that also helps negating the poor stats (just swarm your opponent). And we have decent mobility, which especially for objective based games is extremely powerfull. Also it helps that we have one of the few alpha-strike nonsense that can drop on top of an enemy and doesn't need to deal with charge distances and such in any meaningfull way. In terms of mobility we seem to be one of, if not the best.

Those aspects alone are what keep us afloat I think.

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

oh defiantly we live or die on the back of LoSaT and skinks it doesn't mater how many wounds you deal if we have 200 of the buggers. it does teach us good play thou we don't have any unit crutches that we pick up bad habits. my positioning game is better then everyone i play with because it's my only option most of the time. i never get bogged down in a meat grinder we don't have units that can do that. and im willing to loss a monster or two if it meens ill win the objective game.

i think most new players should play a bit of Seraphon not because they are easy but because it teaches you the game better then most

PabloTho likes this.
  3. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

I will freely admit that Skinks are a crutch unit for me. When I can pull off a win against competitive armies my Skinks are almost always responsible for winning me the game. They are constantly underestimated, but Wary Fighters will inevitably draw the ire of my opponent before the game finishes.

This is one of the reasons why Saurus desperately need to be reworked - because upping Skinks by 10 points isn't a sustainable solution.

Cordam and Erta Wanderer like this.
  4. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

true skinks are very good but not in the same way as witches plague monks or berserkers are. with these guys you can just throw them at the enamy and be fine mistakes don't mater as much because they ether wont die ever in the case of beserkers or just kill everything regardless. skinks don't have this luxury if you screw up they die.

still i wan't usable saurus i want to be able to kill something without worrying about model count.

5. Random Lizard
    Cold One

Random Lizard Well-Known Member

Warhammer Total War got me into the warhammer universe. From then on my friends tried to get me to start tabletop and i always said "the only way i'll do it is if i get lizardman" as they were my favorite faction from Total War. I got an incredible deal on an entire used army at a local shop and ended up with over 120 saurus warriors (i was sure they were gonna be as great as in Total War, they are the bulk of the army after all). I was so wrong...

It's a shame they can't be a good battleline unit on their own.

Cordam and Aginor like this.
  6. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Fingers crossed for a new Battletome!

For me it was the other way round, I came from AoS to TWW2 and was surprised how cool Saurus armies could be. I want that in AoS, too!

7. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

we all do maby we will hear somthing tonight but i think we have a few more months at least.

Aginor likes this.
  8. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

we are forgotten.... even the tyranids are getting new obi wan Kenobi killers

9. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

not forgotten this was expected they are already working on the waagh and citys books and we have known death was getting a new faction for months now. wile they could work on our stuff at the same time as the rest i think there plate is prity full. we just have to be pashent that is all that is left to us.

10. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

I want my update and I want it now!
    Call GW hotline
    877-new book

they fixed everyone else,
    now fix me too
    Call GW products
    877-new book

Don't let us fade like the tomb kings did
    877- plastic
    877- heroes
    877-lizards!

*sung to the tune of the JG went worth commercials*

11. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

ha well they are running out of armys that they can do before us death is all caught up distruction is being taken care of by the waaagh book and possible ogar kingdoms .most of order is good. all we have left is tzeentch, StD, everchosen, seraphon, and KO. i think they are going to roll StD and everchosen together so the most we have to wait is 5 more books....... yaaaa aa aa a a a a a ay (sigh)

12. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

How freaking long ago did they announce StD where getting a thing as darkoath? I mean that's been teased what, last Christmas?

13. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

yup we but the q can only be so long unless they plan to double up on previously done books or just keep releasing new armies they will be forced to make it eventually

Canas likes this.
  14. Asamu
    Temple Guard

Asamu Well-Known Member

KO was mentioned as part of the cities of sigmar release, or at least, gunhaulers were mentioned, and I don't think they'd mention anything that doesn't have a warscroll in the book, and if one of the KO units is included, it's likely they're including all of them.

So we're left with Ogors, Tzeentch, and StD/Everchosen + the already announced books and any new ones that might be coming, with shadow/light aelves likely being at the top of that list at the moment.

So that's still maybe only 6 books (after the bonecast eternals coming in the next month or two) at the most, and I doubt all those releases will happen before Seraphon, considering the number of erratas in the seraphon book/warscrolls.

Based on the recent lore developments with forbidden power, I'd expect the light aelves to be released early next year, and seeing as the shadow aelves have also been mentioned already, it's likely they'll be not too long after, if not part of the same book release as the light aelves.

15. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

well yes but sylvaneth also had a resent book and are mentioned in cities. KO is in as much of a need for 2nd edition rules as anyone i hope we do get light elves soon i would perfure dwarves but i have a feeling the light elves would work well with seraphon maby even allies.