1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Need help with 1000pt matches

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Ancylite, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Ancylite
    Jungle Swarm

Ancylite New Member

Hey everyone,

My roommate and I often play smaller 1v1 objective-based matches during the week as it can be hard to find the time to play larger point games. On weekends, occasionally we do play larger games, but keep it to ~1000pts as we will play multiplayer (3-4 players). I am having difficulties developing lists and have tried multiple arrangements, including smaller battalions.

I find that I'm almost always including a Slann Starmaster in my list, and in this case, he is taking up ~1/4 of my points and although he does indeed summon more units, I find that he can end up being somewhat useless otherwise as he must negate a spell to gain 3CP. To clarify - does the Slann need to be a general to summon? It would be nice to use another hero as my general for a more apt command ability and I am wondering if his inclusion may be a mistake.

As an example of a previous match, my opponent was playing nurgle, and I decided to give the Firelance Starhost (150pts; Min: 490pts) a shot, giving my knights an additional mortal wound on a wound roll of 6. My opponent kindly informed me, after I excitedly charged and was about to roll my wound rolls, that currently his Wheel of Corruption was at Nauseous Revulsion making me RE-ROLL my crucial wound rolls of 6! So NONE of the mortal wounds went through and when I re-rolled, I failed to produce any 6's. Is this correct?

I find that my battleline units consistently under-perform and could use some help with a list that includes a Slann or otherwise.

Thanks a bunch!

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

That is unfortunate that the cycle was on Nauseous Revulsion. And yes, that rule was played correctly.

I personally like using a Slann in 1k games. Here is a Slann'less 1k list I really enjoy:

Allegiance: Seraphon
    -Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders:
    Skink Starpriest
    (80)
    - General
    - Trait: Master of Star Rituals
    - Artefact: Miasmatic Blade
    - Spell: Meteoric Convocation
    Skink Priest (80)
    - Cloak of Feathers
    - Artefact: Betrayer's Crown

Battleline:
    10 x Skinks (70)
    - Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (70)
    - Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers

Units:
    6 x Ripperdactyl Riders (280)
    3 x Razordons (120)
    3 x Razordons (120)

Battalions:
    Shadowstrike Starhost
    (180)

Total: 1000 / 1000
    Extra Command Points: 1
    Allies: 0 / 200
    Wounds: 64

Aginor and Ancylite like this.
  3. Ancylite
    Jungle Swarm

Ancylite New Member

Interesting! Thanks for this- I will give this a try next time I play. Although I don't currently have any Razordons in my collection, I doubt my opponent(s) would mind me using proxies.

As you say you prefer using a Slann in 1000pt games, would you mind sharing an example list with his inclusion?

Cheers!

Edit - Disregard - I found your tutorial posts for GHB 2019 :)

LizardWizard likes this.