1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Lizardmen player - help with scheme

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by MartianSpider, Aug 12, 2013.

1. MartianSpider
    Jungle Swarm

MartianSpider New Member

Hello everyone. I'm new to this site, new to Warhammer, and honestly new to painting.
    I've been wanting to get into wargaming for quite some time, and when I happened upon a local shop with a box of lizardmen soldiers and a box of them mounted as well, I snatched them up. Lizardmen weren't my first choice for an army, but as I've seen more of the models and put together the ones I have, I've really fallen in love with them.

That being said, I'm having trouble with my paint scheme. I wanted to paint them purple and white (kind of like the way GW paints their Tyranids, though that only subconsciously influenced my paint choice). I wanted to go with black shafts for spears and probably silver weapons. Lots of silver in general, as opposed to the gold I've seen so many paint theirs.

One of my main problems - what should I paint the mounts? I slapped some paint on the mount below to see how green would look next to purple and white, and I'm hesitant. I was thinking a light blue type might be better if green won't work.

Any advice would be appreciated!

*Note that I can't seem to get images to paste directly in for some reason.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/197/8yx.JPG/

qt0b.jpg

2. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

Welcome to the forum!

I fixed 1 pic for you, and linked the other. For some reason your first picture wouldn't quite work. But it's late here, so that may actually be my fault.
    Anyways, for future reference: How to post pictures
    And: How to post links

And there you have it :)

Hope you have a good time on our forum, welcome again!

As for the paint scheme, purple and white do look good together. The mounts...as for colors that match (from the top of my head: orange, silver, gold, blue. So orange and blue maybe? Note; I am not a painter, I just enjoy looking at pretty pictures :).

The Hunted