1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Duo Sonata
    Skink

Duo Sonata Active Member

I agree that its more likely that its skink priests rather than slaan that are leading these conclaves never really thought otherwise but gw has been rather vague when it comes to the Seraphons numbers and composition especially in the current timeline so with what little w have to go on we can only speculate these conclaves size and operation. Though there are cults in Chamon dedicated to Sotek so maybe they got a bigger establishment there if Seraphon even still worship Sotek. Or better yet Sotek is another conjured memory of the Slann...

What armies can ally with seem to be at odds with itself with certain armies able to ally with another but not vice versa but these sometimes change over time with each release. An example being Ironjaws couldn't ally with gloomspite but now they can with the latest book while gloomspite can't ally with them. Not a far stretch Seraphon alliances could change in the future.

Dr.Doom and Erta Wanderer like this.
  2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

maby so but until we do know we have to work with what we have and the last we herd definitively we are rare beyond reason

yes but it is soposed to reflect the lore and if we had a major force in any of the cities i would find it very hard to beleave we wouldn't fight for that city. and with this latest book bringing almost every order army into the fold with all armies that do live there being alies. why arn't we? the only factions cities can't alie with are us.

Dr.Doom likes this.
  3. Duo Sonata
    Skink

Duo Sonata Active Member

Theres several questionable design choices in that cities book like being forced to choose 1 of 7 cities all of which belong to only 2 of the realms despite the lore even in that book showing cities in all the realms so i guess its not the best example to use ruleswise

4. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

but the passage in question is in the book if we are going to ignore said book then this entire conversation is pointless.

Dr.Doom likes this.
  5. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

meh, that's simply cuz they can only make so many different rulesets. Its the same reason 40K only has a handfull of space marine chapters with special rules despite there being what, 100's? 1000's of chapters by now each with their own unique style of warfare.

Admitadly, they could've split up the cities a bit more over the realms but I guess there aren't that many well established and fleshed out cities yet...

6. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

welp bone reapers are entirely immune to batle shock that's fun it's not like we needed more of that
    OBR-Faction-Focus-Oct22-RanksUnbroken23sdg.jpg and there cavalry is scary

Attached Files:

Imrahil and Dr.Doom like this.
  7. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

and there units are going to be realy powerfull the 4 headed guys can get rend -3 or reroll hits or reroll wound or reroll saves and there standerd battle line has 4+ rerolling saves natural. huh welp all hail our new bone overlords (sigh)

Dr.Doom and Womboski like this.
  8. Duo Sonata
    Skink

Duo Sonata Active Member

It probably is but its still good to put both points out there regardless i suppose lol

9. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

yeah the new bone people seem to be rather overpowered from the snippets they've shown in their army spotlight

Imrahil and Dr.Doom like this.
  10. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

At this point, GW could just remove bravery as stat… :meh:

Imrahil, Dr.Doom, Nart and 1 other person like this.
  11. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

i mean i get it they are saposed to be a super elite army and their costs will reflect that but im having trouble seeing how we are going to deal with them our standerd anti elte strategies wont work on them.

Canas and Dr.Doom like this.
  12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

You simply welcome and accept your new overlords!

13. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Ossiarchs aren't death, they are Tyranids. look at the arms on them... those are literally tyranide arms, even down to the spike growths coming off the arms like batmans gauntlets. their bodies are those of tyrranid warriors. even nids weapons... "bone swords"..... I refuse to acknowledge them as death. they have stolen my Nids…

Dr.Doom and Womboski like this.
  14. samheim
    Ripperdactil

samheim Well-Known Member

Sorry to the nay sayers,but that feast of bones box set looks f**king awesome!

Boo hoo, so sad, bye bye Tomb kings. But look things change and move on.

I am a massive ogre fan! The lore is hilarious. Ogres are cool because they are ignorant, but fearless and powerful.

Also this new death faction. If you compare it to Tomb Kings you won't like it. Its not Tomb Kings, its something new.

You have to embrace it as something new. If it borrows from Tomb Kings, so what, everything borrows from everything. Obviously Tomb Kings didn't work, or they would be a main faction. But they keep the idea alive and adapt it to try a new approach.

15. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

"you have to embrace it as its something new" weren't you the same guy upset about Cities? lmao

Imrahil, Dr.Doom, Slikus Vaw and 4 others like this.
  16. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Apparently you don't understand.
    It's not that i don't like ossiarch because they are not tomb kings.
    And it's not that i don't like ossiarch because i'm old and these are news... otherwise i wouldn't like things as kharadron or idoneth.
    No. I don't like ossiarch because they suck. At least, they suck for my personal tastes.

I have nothing against things that move on, but i cannot be forced to like them if i don't .
    At the risk of repeating myself, idoneth are a new army and they are cool.

Are you aware that one of the main problems with TK was the impossibility to totally copyright them, Yes?
    It was easier to just erase them, AoS got plenty of other armies ready to be sold .

17. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

I know well that rules often doesn't reflect fluff, but suspension of disbelief has its limits.

Souls of the greatest warriors forged in golden armor by god himself - get scared and run away.
    Denizens of the Chaos Realms who invades into reality - get scared and run away.
    Frenzied fanatics, hordes of mindless undead - everyone has its psychological limits and can be forced to flee from battlefield.

But not some skeleton constucts. Nah, they are absolutely fearless.

Canas, Dr.Doom and Womboski like this.
  18. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

eye roll at having to explain the trademark issue on the "Seraphon" forums....

19. samheim
    Ripperdactil

Man I love Cities of Sigmar. My gripe was no Empire start collecting.

Dr.Doom likes this.
  20. samheim
    Ripperdactil

Give it time. I am not totally in love with them. But let's see how they develop. I am old as well.

I am open minded to them. They might have really great lore. Some of the models admittedly look a bit silly. The walker was questionable idea.

But some people really love them. To be honest, I like the new GW that takes more risks and does more new stuff.

Settra had his day. His story was completed. And really Settra was another Nagash. I liked Settra a lot. But, lets see how the new guys develop.

Womboski likes this.