1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TOW New Slann tactics in melee

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Kalisto, Apr 12, 2024.

1. Kalisto
    Temple Guard

Kalisto Active Member

Since the new Slann is a monstrous creature and he has 5 wounds and close order it means not only that he got close order bonus but also that he disrupt enemy flank units.

Make him ethereal and it becomes like a little dragon (making although no damage) perfect to stop enemy infantries. The "only" problem is that he need 1) a good assailment spell 2) cannot dispel anymore or cast anything else. With warbanner and maybe arcane familiar he will cost 425...not few points to use such tactics.
    How do you think about it? How would you optimize it?

Probably the best would be to charge on flank infantries with enemy wizards. I am not although sure the best way to play him (or if play him in such way either)

2. PlasmaDavid
    Kroxigor

PlasmaDavid Active Member

I used a Slann for the first time today and foolishly ran him alone near some enemy infantry because I got Ethereal on him. Then they charged, did no damage due to no magic weapons, but beat him in combat res and made him flee! I am not a smart man...

3. Kalisto
    Temple Guard

Kalisto Active Member

No because you have to charge them and you don’t need to lose for a lot! With flank and bsb and close order as ethereal you hardly lose. This doesn’t happen on the front where enemies have rank bonus and so on