1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New User Here...Why Lizardmen?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AngelRaven, Jul 5, 2016.

1. AngelRaven
    Jungle Swarm

AngelRaven New Member

Hey guys, I'm completely new to this forum. Short intro: I've been in and around the Warhammer hobby for 20 years but I've never had the cash, time, or patience to collect and build out a full army (patience is possibly the factor that has been missing the most) :)

I'm going to take another stab at it now but I have yet to pick an army. Lizardmen have never ever interested me in the past, not even the tiniest bit. But apparently a mid-life crisis will cause one to change his outlook on armies that, in the past, seemed so cool. What once appeared to be so noble and skillfull, now appears pointy-eared, wimpy, and laughable. What once appeared as chivalrous and gallant, now appears haughty and exaggerated.

For some reason Lizardmen have suddenly (as in today) become interesting to me and I'm not quite sure why. I'm curious: what draws you long-time players to this army? What do you love about it? Why this army instead of something more traditional? Do you care about the fluff, or do you just want big nasty dinos that can charge into a battle and eat everything alive? :)

Warden, CantTouchDis and Bowser like this.
  2. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Rokanos Well-Known Member

Welcome!

For me it's mostly two things. I get to paint a plethora of colors and not feel like the army looks strange (brightly colored dark elves just looks odd, etc), and... I LOVE monsters that can charge into battle and eat everything alive ;) Lizardmen just get the coolest ones imo.

AngelRaven and Bowser like this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome aboard. The big dinosaurs are fun, but killer magic and great shooting doesn't hurt either! The fluff I never cared about, but in this forum I have enjoyed reading and writing a bit of home brew fluff stories. It was the modifying possibilities that kept me around though.

Warden and AngelRaven like this.
  4. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Lots of army synergy,
    Aztec Angel Dinosaurs riding dinosaurs !
    Pant them any color you want !!

Warden, Bowser and AngelRaven like this.
  5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome aboard, talking as a painter, Lizardmen have no restrictions you want pink and white skinks go for it, conversions are endless you don't really get that with any other army. well maybe skaven but your restricted with colour.

Play wise and I'm talking just setting up here, nothing looks better than a painted Lizardmen army no matter what game system you play you will struggle to find a better looking army.

Actual game, they are strong, fearless and have dinosaurs!

Nuff said.

Bowser, AngelRaven and Rokanos like this.
  6. AngelRaven
    Jungle Swarm

AngelRaven New Member

Hah, nice. I like the simple replies that this army is just flat out awesome :) A big part of my foray into the hobby this time around will be the modeling and painting. Some of the work I've seen on the painting blogs is really inspiring.

Thanks for the responses and the friendly welcomes :)

n810, Bowser and Crowsfoot like this.
  7. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

Otzi'mandias Well-Known Member

Inspiring is one word for it... another two words that work are show offs...

Not really.:D
    Although I wish I could do half the stuff they can do. My army never really got past basecoating and layering.

I tried to follow one tutorial once, and they kept mentioning how this part was "just like bleh but simpler!"
    And I didn't know what bleh was. So, being the smart cookie that I am, I didn't Google it but just kept trying to copy what they were doing.
    Word of advice: dont do that.

AngelRaven and Bowser like this.
  8. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

I got into Lizardmen for the same reasons mentioned already. I liked dinosaurs and Aztecs. I like the relative freedom to paint any color scheme I want. Whatever you need we got you covered.

Painting and converting. We got you covered. Tips and techniques, honest but polite critiques and models to inspire you. We got it.

Gameplay. We cover tactics, list building and battle reports for 8th Edition Warhammer, 9th Age Warhammer, Age of Sigmar Warhammer, and Kings of War.

We have fiction, aka fluff pieces. It's mostly 8th Edition/Age of Sigmar but we welcome all fluff. It doesn't have to be reptilian, it doesn't even need to be gaming.

And We got forums to talk about memes, Star Wars, and whatnot.