1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TOW Newbie Advice What to Buy

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Malcolm Serabian, Feb 15, 2024.

1. Malcolm Serabian
    Jungle Swarm

Malcolm Serabian New Member

Hello all
    I’ve followed warhammer since the dawn of time but I’ve always been a role-player not Warhammer so though I’ve bought models and rules in the past I’ve never played.

With the advent of TOW I’ve decided to take the plunge! Lizardmen have always been some of my favorite models so I’ve gone all in on a lizardmen army.

I have purchased the following: Start Collecting Skinks box(bastilladon, 12 skinks, 3 Terradon flyers), Start Collecting Seraphon box(8 cold one knights, 12 Saurus Warriors, Old One on Carnasaur). 1 box of Saurus Guards. 1 Slann Mage Priest, 1 Troglodon, and 1 Stegadon.

As I said I went crazy! My question is it seems like my contingent of skinks and saurus warriors is small. Should I get more of these core troops? Or should i go for more Dino’s? Or more Guards? Or expand with Rapodon flyers? Or Chameleon Skinks?

I know it really depends on the army I want but looking for some general advice…

Last edited: Feb 16, 2024
  2. Rimbo
    Skink

Rimbo New Member

Hi, nice list of models. As you said you should get more core so saurus, saurus guard and skinks. For 2000 points something like 25 saurus, 25 saurus guard and 40 skinks (so you can go saurus + skinks or saurus + saurus guard, or some mix of all three) will be good. Also, a skink priest is good to have.

That being said, don't overwhelm yourself. You have quite an army already! I suggest you build the above core (maybe even more in the future) gradually. In the meantime play smaller games, for example for 1250 pts (which is a size of armies sold in TOW starters) you can field:

Scar vet on carno
    Skink priest lvl2

15 saurus warriors
    10 skinks skirmishers
    10 skink skirmishers

Bastiladon with Solar Engine
    Terradon Riders

Ancient Stegadon with Engine of The Gods

Get some magic items for scarvet and you're set.

After a few games you should have a better understanding of what you want in an army.
    Then try using other models you have, such as cold one riders and when you feel like it, expand with chameleons or Kroxigors or Ripperdactyls and so on.

Malcolm Serabian likes this.
  3. Malcolm Serabian
    Jungle Swarm

Malcolm Serabian New Member

Thanks for the advice!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2024