1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog NIGHTBRINGER's Terrain & Warhammer Woodworking Projects

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Apr 15, 2015.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

WAAAAAAGH!

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  2. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

I´dd add shading where the red meets the rock, just to tell them apart more easily ;):)

3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Warcraft did start out as a warhammer video game, but didn't get the licensing for it, so pretty close.

4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That's a good suggestion... I will do that! :)

Paradoxical Pacifism and Jorgik like this.
  5. Stephen Adams
    Jungle Swarm

Stephen Adams Member

Hey, I stumbled across this thread and I love it! I'm a woodworker in MT and I mostly build fixtures and fly bins for fly shops. I am very new to the wargaming hobby, but have been always been curious on how to bridge the gap to the smaller scale. Last winter I made a wooden 3D Settlers of Catan board, based off of a design I saw on etsy, and while I was successful with the band saw (not recommended), it's definitely got me on the look out for a scroll saw to do more things like what you have showcased here. Thank you for your posts and the inspiration! I hope to peek in and see more in the future.

6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Great to have another woodworker on the forum! :) Thanks for the kind words.

If you have experience on the band saw then you will have no trouble mastering the scroll saw. I love my scroll saw hobby; it is a lot of fun and you can make many unique/interesting things. I find it to be an effective complimentary hobby to my wargaming. The good news is that entry level scroll saws are extremely cheap (under $200). Mid level scrolls saws will weigh in at around $500-$600 (Dewalt, etc.) and high end professional models can range from $800-$2000 (Excalibur, Hegner) [prices in Canadian dollars]. The best piece of advice I have to offer is to get a machine that accepts pinless blades!

Thanks again for taking a look at my thread, comments and feedback are always appreciated. Speaking of threads, you should set up a thread with pictures of your Settlers of Catan board! :)

7. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

SlanntaClause Well-Known Member

8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That's awesome!!

Did you find it on Ebay or elsewhere? Is it the newer slann model or the older one?

We need a picture of all your Slann models lined up. You've amassed and impressive collection!

9. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

Urhm I'm not sure he's grasping a lizard ill post it when I can - I got it on ebay second chance offer so I'm pretty happy with it :D

10. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

@NIGHTBRINGER - I believe I have the one that looks like the 5th edition Slann - I've done a search for the other type which is possibly the one you have? the one on the floating palanquin rather than being carried. Now I realise I need one like that but can only see one at 40+£ which is abit much. But I think I have just about every other version of the Slann to date.

11. Stephen Adams
    Jungle Swarm

Stephen Adams Member

Thanks for the heads up about the blades, I'll do some research and grab a deal somewhere for a scroll saw. Cutting everything on the band saw wasn't fun. I appreciate your interest in my board! Here is an imgur link to a gallery I just posted of the project.

http://imgur.com/gallery/6lO2B

Thanks for peeking!

12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Yup, that is the one I have. It looks like a miniature version of the current edition Slann. They are both pretty rare and hard to find.

13. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

I want your version still dang ..time to beg :p

14. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That's some very nice work. :) You should definitely start up a thread and share your work with the Lustrian community!

15. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

I agree its a really nice project you got there - If I had to have something to say about it is that the little regions of ore/desert etc are clearly distinguishable I just think the painted boarder thing (I assume it was painted :p) seemed to be far superior in detail which jars a little with the tiles inside. I have slow internet at the moment so didn't manage to load further pictures so unsure whether I only saw mid way stages. In any event a blog on here would deffinatly be nice to follow.

16. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

I agree its a really nice project you got there - If I had to have something to say about it is that the little regions of ore/desert etc are clearly distinguishable I just think the painted boarder thing (I assume it was painted :p) seemed to be far superior in detail which jars a little with the tiles inside. I have slow internet at the moment so didn't manage to load further pictures so unsure whether I only saw mid way stages. In any event a blog on here would deffinatly be nice to follow.

17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I completely forgot to update my finished Idol of Gork/Mork terrain piece. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, especially considering that it was a test piece more than anything. Either way, I'd love to hear what you guys/gals think about it. The idea was to have the Orcs pay homage to their gods by bringing the weapons of their fallen enemies (even fellow Orc enemies) to the idol.

100_4318.JPG 100_4319.JPG 100_4321.JPG 100_4322.JPG 100_4323.JPG 100_4324.JPG 100_4325.JPG

18. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

Stunning bit of scenery if you wanna make me some ;)

19. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

Right I was thinking the same thinglol

20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann