1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Novembre/December painting competition: MONSTERS!

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by SeBM, Nov 1, 2011.

1. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

After the last painting challenge, it's time for a new competition! Starting today, you can send me a picture of the unpainted model you wish to enter the competition. Here are the rules:

1) Each participant will send a picture of the unpainted miniature at the beginning of the contest to me. It can be primed. Send the pictures to sebast_b_m@hotmail.com
    2) You can enter Monstrous Infantry and Monstrous Cavalry, War Beasts and Monstrous Beasts and Monsters. Let's see some big models!
    3) Pictures of the painted unit must be sent to me before December 15. Voting will open on the 16th and will last a week. At the end of the painting period, whoever has the most vote wins!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Also, can a mod sticky this and send me a PM please, I've got a special request!

List of contestants:
    Inkpwn
    Danbot
    Cyb3rw0lf
    Totzro
    Ihx-Karaq
    Strewart
    Iggy Koopa
    SeBM
    Godel

2. Ihx-Karaq
    Saurus

Ihx-Karaq New Member

Yay a painting competition! Gonna see what I have to paint, hope I find something big!

3. totzro
    Kroxigor

totzro Active Member

A painting challenge, how convenient! *looks at stegadon-box lying beside the table*

4. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

Glad to be of service to you both :D.

5. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Honestly, I am more interested in painting Dreadfleet when the mood to paint strikes me.. But, this would be a good excuse to do my EotG conversion I've been planning for ages so we'll see.

6. Ihx-Karaq
    Saurus

Ihx-Karaq New Member

Sounds interesting Strewart. Go for it!

7. Iggy Koopa
    Chameleon Skink

Iggy Koopa New Member

I have no monsters on the painting deck for me... would you consider a Hordes Heavy Warbeast??? Particularly a Trollblood Dire Troll Mauler Heavy Warbeast? Let me know. Thanks.

8. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

I seem to have painted all of my monsters allready... :(
    Also I'm painting Dreadfleet at the moment,
    Don't supose one of those tiny sea monsters would count ?

9. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

HeHe, I have two dragons and an Ogre army (no monsters in it besides skragg) to chose from...

10. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

Sure Iggy, go for it!

I'm sure all you others can find one monstrous infantry to paint :D.

If not, buy a new Kroxigor :D.

11. Eladimir
    Salamander

Eladimir New Member

I've got my high elf dragon I'm gonna need to race to finish for our SoM tourney in november so I'll try for that.

12. FavoredoftheOldOnes
    Terradon

FavoredoftheOldOnes Member

Yes! My wait is finally over! SeBM would you mind if my gf also submits a photo for the challenge?

13. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

I have a couple of questions. I have to paint four Kroxigor for my army and I've been putting it off as long as possible hoping to improve as a painter before i start them. But I really want to get a 1500pt army painted asap for a local thing that also awards points for painted armies. What i'm getting at is, does a Kroxigor fall under monstrous infantry? Not that I expect to win with a kroxigor as an new painter going up against monsters.

Second question is I want to do some conversions on my kroxigor. Does all the modeling need to be done before i send you the picture?

14. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Kroxigors are indeed monstrous infantry. Not sure about the conversion part though.

15. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

@ Danbot: Sure Korxigors are fine, they are in fact monstrous infantry as per the rulebook. Send me picutres of the models before the conversions, it'll be fine.

@ FavoredoftheOldOnes: Of course it's ok to have your GF participate, it's even ok for her to have her own profile :D xD.

16. FavoredoftheOldOnes
    Terradon

FavoredoftheOldOnes Member

Haha thanks SeBM. Well, she is a dark elf player so her kind isn't welcome here...unless she gets lizardmen :p. Thanks again.

17. Guardian of Hexoatl
    Temple Guard

Guardian of Hexoatl New Member

Well, I'm kinda on hiatus from fantasy at the moment, so I don't have anything. However, I saw that Kroxigors are okay, so would it be okay to do a miniature of a similar size such as a Tyranid Lictor? I just found it with the old fourth edition codex lol It's 7 years old.

18. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

Sure Guardian, bring your 40k filth to the competition :D. On a serious note, I have nothing against 40k and you are welcome to bring your model, it's actually the 3rd time someone brought a 40k model to a contest :D.

19. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

Edited the main post with the list of participants that sended me their pictures.

20. Ihx-Karaq
    Saurus

Ihx-Karaq New Member

Gonna go with a warbeast, a green sculpted Gore Horse, i think. really the only thing I can fit in this category.

Just have to finnish the sculpt :)