1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Novembre/December painting competition: MONSTERS!

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by SeBM, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Ihx-Karaq
    Saurus

Ihx-Karaq New Member

I'm almost done now, some fixes and the grass on the base left :) feeling pretty good about it

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I'm falling behind... Hot weather and just bought an xbox 360, plus several projects going at once. Better see if I can spare a bit of time soon to keep forging on.

3. totzro
    Kroxigor

totzro Active Member

Haven't done any painting since last week :/ Our game project is in a crunch and I'm working 10 hrs per day. But hopefully I can get in some painting in the evenings and this weekend. I'm mostly finished with the steg and the howda. Just need to finish the skinks and some of the details.

4. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

I haven't even decided the model I'm gonna paint so you guys all have a head start over me :D.

5. inkpwn
    Skink

inkpwn New Member

Did you get my PM? I should be on the contestants list.
    :(

6. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

I know that feeling. Call of Duty is really getting in the way.

7. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

Just started the skin and I am not too crazy about my color choice anymore. :(

Point of no return now. Maybe it will come together.

8. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

I've actually started painting my entry and I'm very happy with how it is turning out so far. I will definetely finish it in time!

9. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

Just started converting my awful stand-in plastic toy into a warhammer viable model. I might make it in time for deadline (or at least have it looking ok), but I guess you be the judge on whether it's allowed to be submitted or not, SeBM. I'll email a photo this afternoon.

10. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

Is it General Tsssss-thsssss? He can't do near as bad in the painting compition as he did in the game. >.<
    Maybe he can win some honor back.

11. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

Oh man, even for a non-competitive game that was embarrassing all round. And yes, it is. Started converting him last night, but I'm not sure how quickly I can make him look the way I picture him (ie. not a plastic toy dinosaur)

12. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

I think I am almost done! So how many pictures should I send? Two? Three I hope. Does the size matter? Should I just PM them to you?

Also any advice on preserving the paint job on a metal model? I've had to do touch ups just about every time i go to paint anything on him.

13. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

Send me 2-3 good pictures, I tend to put 2 by entry otherwise, the thread is too big!

As for preserving the paintjob, use Matte Varnish, it'll help. It won't completly prevent the paint from chipping if it fall over but it shouldn't definitely help.

14. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

I haven't dropped it yet. It chips by holding it i swear. haha. Size of the picture?

15. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

Look at the hall of fame, it'll give you a good idea for pictures.

16. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

We have a first finished model and I know some others are close to being finished so I'll start showcasing them in this thread. As for voting, I will open a new thread when the voting period starts. Enjoy!

Final1.jpg

Final2.jpg

17. Raein
    Saurus

Raein New Member

Looks awesome

18. inkpwn
    Skink

inkpwn New Member

Troll blood body in guessing with some added spikes but where's tue head from?
    Oh and your yellow is amazing!

19. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

Agreed. Great model, and that yellow is well done.

20. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

You got it. Troll blood with some green stuff. The rest is Kroxigor bits with green stuff (hands/head/spines/tail/feet). Man that stuff is amazing. I think I've gotten pretty good with those yellows. Honestly I went with the yellow because it's my safe place. Almost everything I do starts with yellow. Except the bloodletters I helped my friend start painting. I'm getting better at painting. I think these forums have a lot to do with it. I give my friends that got me started into the game tips now.

Actually the yellow is the skin tone I posted i was unhappy with a few pages back. But I must say it came together with a few more layers of other yellows and stuff. Thanks for noticing. That yellow took a lot of time getting it to a place I was happy with and it didn't look like just a mud covered Krox.