1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Old Blood Builds

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by rag, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Saurus2301
    Skink

Saurus2301 New Member

you can try this. works for me.

Oldblood
    Carnosaur
    Great Weapon
    Armour of Destiny
    Obsidian trinket
    Bane Head
    Total: 447

2+ armour save
    3+ Ward save
    5 S7 Attacks.

He has great survivibility even if he does get picked on. bane head their lord or hero and go in and smash him. yes u will be striking last but he can survive hits. Problem here is the mount, carnosaur tends to be hit first due to the low scaly skin save.

2. T`hinker`er
    Salamander

T`hinker`er Active Member

Just because I love rolling a lot of dice, and don't fancy cannon balls, try running the OB with CoC like this:

Cold One
    Extra hand weapon
    Maiming shield
    Dawnstone
    Carnosaur Pendant

Rerollable 1+ save and 8 attacks. Against some enemies, this is going to be pretty devastating.

3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Don't think you can use the extra hand weapon and shield at the same time... since they would be in the same hand.

4. newscales
    Kroxigor

newscales New Member

I tried an old blood general instead of the slann last night, put him on a carnosaur. 2500 point game doesn't leave me the space I'm comfortable with running him but he was:

Carnosaur
    Armor of Fortune
    Crown of Command
    Great Weapon
    Dawnstone

Close combat is a phase that absolutely terrifies me thanks to saurus terrible WS and initiative. My dice weren't with me last night that didn't help, but once he got in to combat he did okay.

I still dont think I'd do it again under 2500 points. Cold one isn't resilient enough. I'll leave the old blood on foot from now on and keep my frog.

5. dragonsamor
    Jungle Swarm

dragonsamor New Member

What do people think about this build for an old blood? I have never used one before but am tired of losing to WoC.

Light armor
    The Maiming shield - shield, +1 attack
    Sword of Bloodshed - +3 attacks

I would put him in a unit of 30 saurus. It would give him a 2+/6+ save and 9 S5 attacks. My reason for not mounting him is to (hopefully) make him less of a target. I am trying to build a generally good list and not focus on making a list that targets certain units.

6. Mahtis
    Cold One

Mahtis New Member

You only get parry if you have a hand weapon only, you don't have a parry if you have a magical weapon. I'd prob take the sword of bloodshed but then take armor of fortune and shield. Now oldblood has 1+ as and 5+ ward, and still have 8 str 5 attacks

Edit: Having 5 points left, you can still take either one of these: Iconcurse icon, Potion of Foolhardiness or Potion of Speed. Against WoC either potion is good

7. anglo
    Skink

anglo New Member

hey all, new to the forum but been using it for ideas to fuel my army lists and so on.
    my friends and i have only been playing for a few months now with 1000pts so most of us are rather newb still.

in my 1000pts army i put an old blood on CO with GW and VOTFF, AOD for defence i have A5 instant wound on 6 @ S7, if anything i have too much armour, more than the maximum going to 0+? (still not too sure how it works dont have rulebook near me) in any case i could just use Dawnstone and Glittering scales instead and miss out on the epic 4+ ward.

all this for about 247pts is well better than an extra 10 saurus in your regiment. at any case in 1000pts saurus should'nt need to be more than 5 wide 3-4 deep to win most fights

using this build i have been victorious in my last 9 games