1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Wargames Manufacturers News: Mantic is determined to beat GW at selling something

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Mantic is notorious for wanting to save money on tooling. If they already had the vehicles manufactured making separate bits for them in resin I said upgrade pack makes more financial sense.

I haven't built any of them in a while however if they are multiple frames, at 12k a frame minimum.....

2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Only a few weeks after GeeDubs announced their impending failure of an Epic-Scale miniatures game, The Horus Heresy: Legions Imperialis, Mantic have announced an Epic-Scale reinvention of their original sci-fi game, Warpath. From what I've heard the original Warpath game was always meant to be a mass-battles game as it involved mounting miniatures on 'team bases' very much like GW's attempt at reviving Apocalypse in 8th Edition 40K, though was hampered at the time because the miniatures it had to work with were 28mm. Now that Mantic have changed the 28mm iteration of Warpath into Firefight, a game more like 40K with units having much more freedom of coherency and so on, they're free to restore the original game at a scale it will work a lot better with.

And in this Epic Scale game, Xenos races are allowed, with no factions being shitted on, so I can see this battle becoming a little victory for Mantic here, especially given GW will likely get bored with Legions Imperialis after a while when they find they can't release any more models for it because of their self-imposed limited Horus Heresy setting and they've broken the rules in a hundred places.

Also it's interesting to notice how the Mantic Epic-Scale models (at least the Strider walker) look more detailed than their 28mm counterparts - sounds like they're really trying to up their game now.

Tk'ya'pyk likes this.
  3. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

They have announced that they are thinking about it. From what I've seen it's also going to be 8 mm versus 10 mm or 15. Which I think is a mistake.

Honestly if any of their games deserve to be made micro, it would be Kings of War since it's abstract and mass combat

4. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

5. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

How on Earth have you found out what's coming before Mantic have even put their new Dark Elves up for pre-order on their own site?

6. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

I'm an independent retailer. We knew but there are embargos that drop before we can share

7. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

Hmm. I know you have to wait, as per contractual obligations, but how soon before pics can be posted so we know what these things are visually?

8. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

At this point, as soon as they are uploaded to the trade folders. Don't know when. I check daily.

9. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

I can't say more than this, but Mantic needs to get their house in order.

10. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

11. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I wish I could like this twice.

Consider this a vote for this to become at least one hard plastic kit.

12. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

13. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

McDougall Designs is proud to announce the Skeleton chariots + Cavalry set from Wargames Atlantic is up for preorder on my webstore, along with a-la-carte sprues if you only need a few. Wargames Atlantic states late January release.
    My standard 15% discount applies automatically at checkout for the full boxed set.
    full box
    https://mcdougalldesigns3d.com/products/wargames-atlantic-skeleton-chariots-and-cavalry-boxed-set
    Chariot sprue
    https://mcdougalldesigns3d.com/products/wargames-atlantic-skeleton-chariots-chariot-sprue-preorder
    Cavalry Sprue
    https://mcdougalldesigns3d.com/products/wargames-atlantic-skeleton-cavalry-sprue-preorder

14. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Lord-Marcus likes this.
  16. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

17. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

I've been working on contract with them for some time. This is an official title though.

While my position title is Digital Products Manager, I also have contributed historical research to plastics releases and digital releases. My name appears on some of their boxed sets in the credits section.

18. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Wargaming: You're doing it right.

Imrahil and Lord-Marcus like this.
  19. - Q -
    Salamander

- Q - Well-Known Member

Tk'ya'pyk likes this.
  20. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Again: I'm Digital Products Manager. You can read more about it in the article I linked above

Tk'ya'pyk likes this.