1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our gaming table

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by aclaflin, Jan 9, 2010.

1. aclaflin
    Skink

aclaflin New Member

I just wanted to post some pictures of the gaming table that I made this summer for our gaming group. Took me quite a while, as I designed it as well as built it. All in all, about two months work.

Here's me assembling
    CIMG1281.jpg

The table at our playing location
    CIMG1286.jpg

The sides all fold down for more writing space
    CIMG1287.jpg
    CIMG1288.jpg

The top is removable, and inside is a space for a power strip, all of our terrain, books etc etc. The top can be flipped, one side is a dry erase board, one side is felt.
    CIMG1290.jpg

We use this table for Warhammer, Mordheim and D&D. When we play D&D, we fold all the sides down and sit at it with our computers, dice and papers all inside the cubby, so it doesn't clutter the playing space. It does have it's flaws, but I'm proud. Let me know what you think.

2. Sebulba
    Temple Guard

Sebulba New Member

Very impressive! That looks like you put a lot of time into it! It looks a little uneven on top but I'm sure you can figure out a way to fix that too.

The fold out shelves are an awesome idea though! Great job!

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Very cool! The little shelves all around the edges to keep stuff on is a great idea, awesome gaming table.

4. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

Vastly impressive!
    I saw a table which was just like yours, only made by pro's. I think that one was priced at around 10k....bet this one is much cheaper!
    I'm sure many memorable momets will be played there.
    Enjoy!

The Hunted

5. aclaflin
    Skink

aclaflin New Member

Thanks for all the praise. Materials cost just under $300. It was well worth it, as it means we actually have a place to play/store terrain. Of course, there are much more inexpensive tables out there (plywood and two saddle horses), but we have the satisfaction of playing on a table that will last a lifetime.

6. Gerdion
    Skink

Gerdion New Member

Holy cow!

:jawdrop:

Do you ship? XD

This is VERY interesting. Do you have the plans that you used to make this at all, in case someone wanted to duplicate it for their own purposes?

7. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Woah ...

Brilliant table design. :smug:

8. Guardian of Hexoatl
    Temple Guard

Guardian of Hexoatl New Member

I want one! lol Great Job, thats pro! :D

9. Iggy Koopa
    Chameleon Skink

Iggy Koopa New Member

Nicely done...

Our gaming group came up with some tables that got the job done, a little bit more than plywood and two sawhorses but definitely not as elaborate as yours. Nice job all around. Great idea! Hope it lasts a long time for you guys...

Iggy Koopa

10. aclaflin
    Skink

aclaflin New Member

@ Gerdion Unfortunately, most of my plans were in my head. I do have some Google Sketchup Models, but those are on my other laptop, currently in China with my wife. I'll try and get those for you when she gets home.

@ Everyone I really do appreciate all the kind words. Ego increased 10% :smug:

Played a game of D&D last weekend and the whiteboard side of the top was amazing for drawing maps and tracking damage. Another of my favorite features is the power strip with all our computer power cords contained inside and not in the way.