1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oxyotl

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by iamtired14, Apr 1, 2009.

1. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Yes, I did mean the crest. I call it a sail. So sue me. :smug:

2. Barotok
    Terradon

Barotok New Member

To offer a little pointless depth to the thread I have a couple thoughts. Asrodrig calls it a sail which is the correct term when referring to lizard anatomy. From what I can remember several reptiles have a sail appendage which they use to regulate their body temperature. Iguanas have a similar feature although it is below their jaws and not above their head. Being aboreal, this adaptation was what allowed them their paretial eye on the tops of their heads.

I could be wrong, but I believe the term 'crest' is used in GW to refer to the sail on the tops of their skinks' heads.

On the model, I send my compliments. It looks pretty balanced and I couldn't agree with you more about the wood. Painting it would have been a mistake for me, as I would have made it look worse. It definitely looks very natural but I can tell you that I could easily recognize it as Oxyotl if you told me that at the beginning of the game. Nice job!

3. Guardian_A
    Skink

Guardian_A New Member

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad everyone seems to like the model.

As for the "Sail", I had originally wanted to change it, but since this was already my first experience with green stuff, I didnt want to push my luck too far and ruin the model.