1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Pinkies Paint log: Terrain for the terrain competition added

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Pinktaco, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

thanks a lot guys. :)

What are your overall thoughts on the green oxidised bronze/copper - does it look good/fitting? It's hard making it look natural, but when I google around it doesn't look too far off what you'd expect :p

Here are some pictures found on google:

copper.jpg

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I like the style you have produced. It gives a very ancient feel to the shields which I think works very well with the Lizardmen style/motif.

Pinktaco likes this.
  3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

It's pretty darn good,
    I suppose you could do a delvin mud wash(or whatever it's called now).
    around the raised details, for a little grime.

Pinktaco likes this.
  4. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Hmm.. I'll consider it on some other units. I'm liking the effect I currently have the more units I get done and I don't want to spend too much time on regular core units ^^

Anyway I painted up shields on another 8 saurus warriors and did some green stuff that needs to be painted some time tomorrow. When the green stuff have been painted I have 17 fully painted saurus warriors, 10 fully painted skink skirmishers and tetto'eko. Good progression so far.

I've really been thinking of what's next, but I'm guessing that I'll do 3 more saurus to get a neat round number of 20 and then do my 10 cameleon skinks. I've never had them painted before and I almost always have them with me so I think they deserve it :)

Crowsfoot likes this.
  5. Dawk
    Jungle Swarm

Dawk New Member

Wow. Great idea and well executed. Looks fantastic and has a huge cool factor. It's work like this that made me register....

Pinktaco likes this.
  6. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Thanks a lot for the kind words. To. E fair my theme is heavily inspired by ZaGreekie's paint log, mostly his templeguards since most of his pictures are of those ^^

If you like what I made you'll love zagreekie's paint log. Unfortunately he doesn't frequent the forum anymore, but his army is easily one of the best on the forum, so enjoy:

http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/greek-themed-lizardmen-dual-carno-gen-and-bsb-update.10481/

7. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Uh.. I accidently started on another 8 saurus warriors. My OCD kicked in and I wanted a good clean number, so 25 models done would be great. My thesis is going well so I think I'll do a good amount of painting today. Working home anyway ^^

8. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

I'll be ordering bases this friday and I need your help. Which one of the following do you think will fit the most?

http://shop.microartstudio.com/ancient-c-3_79.html

http://shop.microartstudio.com/mystic-c-3_24.html

http://shop.microartstudio.com/temple-c-3_27.html

http://shop.microartstudio.com/shrine-c-3_94.html

http://shop.microartstudio.com/arcane-c-3_98.html

I've put them in the order I like the most, but I'm a bit torne between mystic and ancient. Temple and Shrine are basically equal and arcane being the one I like the least, but I'm open for all suggestions. :)

9. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

.... thinking Ancient...
    but only because Halodynes doesn't come in square bases.

10. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Oh wow, they look awesome. Just googled around and no square bases to be found. There's a faction in some other game called Halodynes and all the models are on round bases. Would've been perfect. Oh well ^^

11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I like the Mystic (the second link) the best, followed by Arcane (the fifth link). They are all very nice though.
    Which might not be a problem soon enough :(

Pinktaco likes this.
  12. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Bases will be ordered tomorrow. Decision time! :D

Oh and I've now made 25 saurus warriors. 15 more to go :3

13. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

That sure looks like a 5th edition model. I wish I still had my old catalog cause then I'd have the exact answer. My educated guess is it's either a regular undead model from 5th, OR MORE LIKELY it's a Chaos horse head from 5th. I know I've seen that horse before. My buddy might have it actually.

Lovely army! I really like the vibrant colors and the rustic feel. Great job with the shield conversions too! I want to do the same thing for mine now, lol.

Pinktaco likes this.
  14. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Oh, wow I comepletley forgot about the undead horse, thanks a lot though :D

Thanks, and yeah the shields are incredible awesome. The sprue they come on is all kinds of hilarious, but when the shields are painted up they look incredible ^^

15. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Ancient bases have been ordered for various reasons. Ordered forty 25mm, thirty 20mm, one 50mm and two 40mm bases.

Quite expensive, but that should cover the models I can finish before the 28th of June where I'm participating in s local tournament.

I'll then order later this summer when I'm doing my templeguards.

I'm expecting to have the bases late next week.

n810 likes this.
  16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Awesome stuff... that means we'll have lots of great painting updates to look forward to!! :):):)

Pinktaco likes this.
  17. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Hopefully ^^

I'm also paiting up the Slann. Figured I'd do it since it's a somewhat easy model and I need something else than the saurus warriors :p

18. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Uh.. I might have spent the entire evening and out to the night painting up the slann. It's *almost* done now, but I'm out of typhus corrosion so I only need some finishing details onto the actual throne.

I cannot for the life of me paint tusks, so after several tries I settled with karak stone + brown wash .__________.

Unfortunately my templeguards will not be finished any time soon though....

DSC_0300.JPG DSC_0305.JPG

Warden and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Great work Pinktaco... I think the Slann is definitely one of your best pieces. Lovely highlighting on the slann; the face particularly looks exceptional.

Pinktaco likes this.
  20. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Yeah I definately agree with you on that. Tetto'Eko looked great, but the slann is much better looking. Really happy for the result. I could go on and highlight some area some more, but I think I'll let it be the way it is for now and maybe come back at some other time.

Minor update:

Bases are in production. I didn't realize they had to be produced first, but fair enough. I can much easier wait for bases than for actual conversion material.
    I've also started painting 10 - yes 10 - saurus warriors. Will likely be done before the week end. That would put me at only needing to finish up another 5 saurus warriors and then my 40 SW unit is done.

After that? Maybe an oldblood or some cameleon skinks. Or regular skinks. I don't know D: