1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quina2525's Painting log

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by quina2525, Dec 18, 2009.

1. quina2525
    Jungle Swarm

quina2525 New Member

Hey guys just started my lizards!

I just finished painting my slann last night.
    I figured that with my 4 salamanders that im probably gonna use the lore of death with my slann most of the time, so i decided to paint him so to reflect that!

here goes:

P4060332.jpg

Slannz1.jpg

Slannz2.jpg

So with this purple colou sceme ive decided to carry this on with my lizzies, making my skinks purple and saurus blue with purple scales.

My 4 salamanders are next to be built and painted!

Will be sure to take some pictures and post them up!

Comments and critique are welcome!

Cheers

John

2. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Great job so far! My only complaint is the white on his face - is it supposed to be facepaint, or is it the highlighting? Because it stands out a little too much to be highlighting :p
    It's a good start, and I look forwards to seeing some purple dinos! :pompus:

3. Okopipi
    Saurus

Okopipi New Member

Nice work! Are you thinking about the other lizards yet (Cold Ones/Carnosaurs/Terradons)? What colors would you go with to complement (but not overdo) the purple?

4. quina2525
    Jungle Swarm

quina2525 New Member

Lol It is supposed to be war-paint, its for the contrast with the dark purple, as my slann is using the lore of death most of the time, (i.e. Supposed to be a skull :p ) I didnt want to go to over the top with the white though, that is why it is quite minimalist!

As to my other lizards i was thinking red for the Salamanders, green for my stegadon, and possibly light blue for the terradons?

How does that sound?

Cheers for the comments

John

5. Celticfire
    Chameleon Skink

Celticfire New Member

ITS A SLANNESH WORSHIPING FROG QUICK EVERYBODY RUN.
    fun aside, it looks pretty good, nice washing. That skink looks pocmarcked thoug, though that might just be me

6. quina2525
    Jungle Swarm

quina2525 New Member

Its not washed, i just basecoated in black, and slowly highlighted by adding more and more warlock purple :)

What does pocmarked mean? :p

Cheers :)

John

7. thereal87
    Saurus

thereal87 New Member

I like most of it.

I am planning a pink army so I feel you on the color choice. But being totally honest the skink looks like a fish. IDK if you were going for that but the way you have him highlighted looks like fish scales and the fact that it has a dorsel (dorsal?) fin most def makes it look like a fish. And I think the white war paint is a little to much of a contrast. The platform (whos name escapes me right now) looks great! I really like the little detail of making the snake red to make it stand out against the purple slann. The highlighting on the slann is great! I like it when it's enough to notive but not so much that the model would have to be in high gloss irl for it to actually happen.

Personally I couldn't see a slann caring so much about inimidating his enemy to put on war paint. I see that being like a skink chief or krox thing. Just my opinion.