1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Rokanos' WIP Lizzy Host (Updated 2-15-2011)

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Rokanos, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Rokanos Well-Known Member

Re: WIP Lizzy Host (Sallies done! TG WIP pics up!)

Thanks!

Yeah, they were basecoated with P3 white primer.

Then the rest of the colors were also P3 paints ( I despise GW paints, except for the washes).

The method was a base coat of a darker orange, washed with red, relayered with the dark orange, then layer/blended up to the yellow you see. It was about 5 layers I believe.

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Re: Rokanos' WIP Lizzy Host

Very cool idea for the banner, it looks striking and very good! I like it.

3. DesertLIZARD
    Saurus

DesertLIZARD New Member

Finish the Saurus Warriors my friend. Love the mixture of colors you used. What paints are those that you use and where can i buy them? I like the Salamanders the most, no reason they just look awesome.

4. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Thanks guys :D

All the paints I use are P3, which should be available at your local gaming store, however, if they aren't, you should be able to buy them from coolminiornot.com

The only GW stuff I use is the washes and vomit brown (P3 has nothing close to this color and I needed it for the base on the tan scales for my saurus/TG)

I also use the P3 wet pallet (sp?). It is worth every penny and I'll never paint without it again. Makes wet blending, and blending in general, so much easier.

Cheers!

5. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Should have an update for you guys either tomorrow night or Saturday. I decided to finish up my steg (minus the howdah), just to get it out of the way, besides, I love the model :D

Cheers!

6. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

First off, I want to apologize for the horrid quality of these pics (my good camera died right before I took the first pic :depressed: , but I was so excited that it was finished that I decided to take the following pics with my crappy iPhone camera...which if you haven't gotten the hint yet...is terrible (its an oldschool 3G in case anyone is wondering).

The steg isn't glued to the base yet, so obv the base isn't finished, as I've mentioned before, I will be doing all the basing last and all at once. I also plan on going back to highlight the metal just a tad, though I rather like the dirty look of it. The skulls may need a tad bit of highlights as well.

Anywho, I'll have better pics up soon, just need to get the charger from my buddy for the camera. Until then, you can get the general idea from the blurriness.

merlin059.jpg
    merlin060.jpg
    merlin062-1.jpg

Note: this jackalope took me forever to paint (didn't help that I had PLENTY of things to distract me from it, such as playing Warhammer with a few buds :D ), but I LOVED painting this model, worth every moment spent on it.

Cheers! :smug:

7. b3rtil
    Saurus

b3rtil Member

Well new pics is a must!

But from what I can see from the icraphone pictures it looks pretty solid =)

Like the horns.

8. FavoredoftheOldOnes
    Terradon

FavoredoftheOldOnes Member

Wow! Your painting techniques are amazing! Wish I had the abilities as you do! Love them all! Btw, the tiger stripes on the saurus banner is amazing! It looks incredible! Keep up the good work!

9. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Thank you for the compliments :)

I promise I'll have better pics of the Steg soon. I'm hiring a friend of mine to take professional pics of my whole army once I have it done, and you guys will be the first to see it :)

I am taking a small break (2-4 days) to put together some of my high elf army and rejuv my will to keep painting saurus :D , but I should have an update after that.

Cheers guys!

10. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Quick update for all you guys/girls following this thread. I should be back in the swing of painting my LM by Tuesday, and hopefully have something for you guys to feast on by the end of the week. Work has been busy as hell, so haven't had much time to do much other than sleep :depressed:

Still waiting on my buddy to find his camera charger hehe. I'll have those better pics of the steg soon as he does, no need to fret! :smug:

Cheers! and again, thank you all for the comments/compliments/critisim/interest it really helps give me the drive to get my army done! :D

11. FavoredoftheOldOnes
    Terradon

You're welcome :). I for one appreciate great painting!

12. Captain Chameleon
    Skink

Captain Chameleon New Member

The steg looks wicked dude! :D
    Nice details on the horns of both the palanquin and steg

13. Farsight
    Saurus

Farsight New Member

Really nice painting and the scales are very good and the palanquin is great too

14. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Thanks for the comments guys :D

So, here's the scoop for all you people following this. My buddy is now out of town, and unfortunately couldn't get the camera charger to me in the mean time (he's not very good at remembering things :rolleyes: )...soooo, what I'm going to do, instead of scarring your eyes with unpleasant iphone pictures, is paint up as much as I can (work and exhaustion willing) in the next 5-7 days (roughly when my buddy returns) and hopefully by then I will have the charger for the camera and be able to give all you folks some much deserved updates and better quality pics.

I'm lookin at doin my two skink priests and at least 10 skinks, along with possibly my scar vet BSB (though the idea I had for him is rather daunting to think about x.x) or my old blood on foot.

After painting HE for a few days and assembling the fragile hippies, I missed my LM badly, so I'm back with a renewed will to finish up my army.

Cheers to all of you that follow this and help me stay on track! :smug:

15. FavoredoftheOldOnes
    Terradon

Sounds good. Do tell your friend to make haste with that camera charger! ;-)

16. lustria
    Saurus

lustria Member

im am truly amazed with your salamander, i think you should easily go to a contest with that :D once get your camera back it would be really nicee to see your whole army together to see all the differant colours.

17. CaptMac
    Skink

CaptMac New Member

Looking forward to some more pics, any chance of some pics to show me how you did those horns they look awesome.

18. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Thanks guys :smug:

I FINALLY recieved the power charger for the camera tonight, so some time this weekend (still need to touch up a couple of the skinks) I shall have the long awaited pics of the steg, plus 5 skirmisher skinks and a skink priest.

Aimin to have them up by tomorrow, but no promises.

Cheers!

19. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Alrighty folks, here is the update you have been waiting for.

Stegadon, skink skirmisher, and skink priest....plus a lion just because I really enjoyed painting it o_O

All of them are WIP minus the lion (though i suppose it is WIP too since it's part of a chariot lol)

Also, I want to apologize, some of these are a bit dark.

ENJOY!

Stegadon
    CIMG0233-1.jpg
    CIMG0232.jpg
    CIMG0234.jpg

Skink Priest (Btw, I really don't like this model..the feathered cape is just a bit much...as you can see, I'm still debating what to do with all of them)
    CIMG0235.jpg
    CIMG0236.jpg

Skink Skirmisher (weapons need to be finished, and some minor touch ups here and there.)
    CIMG0237.jpg
    CIMG0238.jpg
    CIMG0239.jpg
    CIMG0240.jpg

Last and certainly least Chracian Lion (For fun)
    CIMG0241.jpg
    CIMG0242.jpg
    CIMG0243.jpg

Cheers!

20. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

Re: Rokanos' WIP Lizzy Host (updated with new pics!)

Amazing work on the Stegadon!!! Makes me doubt my green scheme for him!!! Might have to buy a second one just to paint a red one I guess :D.