1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Rumors about new Book

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Tremendous, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Dalkarius
    Ripperdactil

Dalkarius New Member

Damnit....I really want this book to come out...lol

2. kroxigor01
    Ripperdactil

kroxigor01 Member

Fear means that the Slann's unit cannot autobreak. So we can get Stubborn LD9 Temple Guard with the BSB Slann in it that will almost never flee.

3. Mordechai
    Cold One

Mordechai New Member

Oka, but i don´t bealive that this fear ability on the Slann can justify the same cost on this new book....

By the way, they could give him a better iniciative or say it that because the palaquim is a slow, magic, flying device, he is not affected by the Pit of Shades...

4. Pinkus
    Saurus

Pinkus New Member

Wait till you see what spells are in the lore of the old ones before saying he's too expensive. They may just be ungodly powerful spells.

Also, predatory fighting gives 1 attack to front rank now? Does that mean saurus warriors are WS4 and front rank has 3 attacks AND cost 10 points. I don't believe it.

5. kroxigor01
    Ripperdactil

kroxigor01 Member

I think they will reduce the base attacks of Saurus to 1, but then effectively increase it back to 2 with the Predatory Fighting rule.

6. Pinkus
    Saurus

Pinkus New Member

I thought so too, but why would they say the 2nd rank loses an attack. If they started with 1 and you gave them spears your back rank would have 0 attacks.

7. Dalkarius
    Ripperdactil

Dalkarius New Member

What they mean is instead of having two attacks like the front rank, spears would only contribute 1 attack, instead of two. It's easier to think of it as Saurus having a base Attack of 2, which is reduced to 1 when the spears attack from the back ranks.

8. Pinkus
    Saurus

Pinkus New Member

It clearly states that front rank gets +1 attack, which would make it 3.

9. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

Basically all my wishes come true!
    More Characters, units to choose from and Revisitation of Mazdamundi and Nakai :D

Though i don't like the idea of cohort skinks, I would not complain becouse of more choises variaty of units make a more divers army overall and that makes better gameplay:)

Only hope ther is going to bee more magic items as well... As for now, I tend to use the same items over and over again...

10. Craziecory
    Skink

Craziecory New Member

Stegs are now speical and there's a mega steg for the rare.

*hopes against Hope*

I wanna a Dinozilla Army. to go with my Nidzilla.

11. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

That would be cool to see stegs as specail, might help sell them also.

12. Spiney Norman
    Kroxigor

Spiney Norman New Member

Latest rumours from warseer

I really don't like what they've done to the Slann. It genuinely doesn't bother me that his pts cost is lower, they've made him a far weaker caster, which was a massive mistake IMHO.

The 100pt banner looks unlikely, I think that has either been mistranslated (original source was polish gamesday) or misremembered. I'm very excited about the engine of the gods, and the uranons thunderbolt bound item (lvl 6 is sic!)

The skink stegadon lance should also be awesome. I'm hoping you can give it to a priest on an engine of the gods...

Also temple guard are going to be immense. Potential for 2+ sv in combat, cold blooded Ld8 stubborn WITH a reroll, and immune to psych when joined by a Slann. Add to that the Slann's MR3, and perhaps a skink skirmish screen and you've got a unit which will be almost impossible to get rid of without slogging manually through each member of the unit.

13. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

Hmmm, Hope they don't dwindle too far from the original Lizardmen concept of mustering the most powerful caster in the Warhammer game... I also hope to see more items and and characters...
    Strange to see a boost in the Scar-Vet. Personally I see him as the strongest bit in the Lizardmen army, giving a strong and versatile character with no obvious weakness..
    I would rather give some upgrades on the Oldblood, since there isn't to much difference from the Hero Saurus that can justify thouse 60 extra pts.

14. Dalkarius
    Ripperdactil

Dalkarius New Member

Not a big fan of the Slann updates. I hope those turn out false. I'd rather have an expensive spellcaster who can easily rape all but the Greater Daemon of Tzeentch himself, and have enough power to give that bastard a run for his money.

15. FrozenLizards
    Saurus

FrozenLizards New Member

It would be sad to find the Slann nerfed. I have been facing the new DE and VC adn they have some crazy new magic. this would be terrible that the most powerful mages in teh Warhammer world be dumbed down and be suject to the magic prowes of the DE or VC armies. The winds of magic are OURS to weaves as we see fit and not being able to cast from multiple schools really kills that. Perhaps there will be an ability to take specific spells or maybe the Slann's new school of magic is just that AWESOME that we don't need to pick from the traditional schools. I will not count them lost just yet but am a liul discouraged.

16. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

I agree with FrozenLizard. As the Old ones chosen the slann realy should be able to more or less rule the magic phase, and as writhen in the Warhammer history where Kroak banishes a host of Greater Deamons, A HOST of GREATER DEAMONS!! thats takes an extremly amount of Power and Might to achive!, Its easy to understand that these are not mere giant toads, but closer to living demigods. And after the new and far from weakened chaos edition is released, Lizardmens nr. 1 ace: Magic has to stand against the rising threat from the north as strong as ever before. The world depends on it, and with it, the great plan of the Old ones...

17. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

Nerfing the slann shall be false or i'll personally kick my own ass!

nerfing the kroxxies must also be false, for i've always wanted to smash some chariots for good.

i hope for the slann magic to be great, or i would just skip using the slann.

so basicly i hope that the lizzies bacome stronger, just like chaos and some others.

i would also like the spawnings to become lika marks, so it don't affect the units "class".

18. Ninjaskink
    Cold One

Ninjaskink New Member

New rumors are up... I don't like spreading them, but these look a bit more promising than the last few sets. I took these from the battlereporter blog.

Generic rules
    Predatory fighter is gone, all saurus do indeed have a 5+ scaly skin save as base.

Slann
    May cast through skink priests, you measure both distance and LOS from the priest.

The new slann powers are called disiplines and a slann may choose up to four including powers like Terror, regenerate, 3MR etc

Old blood
    4+ scaly skin save, may take horned one (yup you read me right so he doesn't have stupidity and has M8)

Tiktak'to
    Has a more powerful Terradon with KB
    A magical mask (I'm not giving it's bonuses away just yet)
    May lead a terradon unit from any table edge of your choosing (rear charge on enemy war machines anybody?).

Chakax
    Very nasty, if used with TG the whole unit is unbreakable.
    Has magical GW which makes all magic weapons in CC count only as mundane weapons.
    Becomes even more powerful in challenges, gaining a 5+ward, re-roll failed hits and his opponant always strikes last! D:

Krok-gar
    His spear has changed and hand of the gods is now a bound spell (keeping info on how the new spear rules work as a secret for the moment).

Carnosaur
    Ultimate predator has been changed, it now does D3 wounds against EVERYTHING!

Skinks
    Can now be ranked or skirmish.
    Improved LD

COR
    cheaper plus initiative boost.

Temple guard
    0-1 is gone, they are now special choice.
    Stubborn, if used with a Slann they become immune to pyschology.

Kroxigor
    4+ Scaly skin save, I didn't read anything about a strength reduction (though it still might be there).
    1 kroxigor may be put in a unit of 8 or more skinks, but does not count towards a special choice.

Terradons
    Drop rocks is back but not as powerful (again keeping the full details quiet for the moment).
    Is also an option for a skink chief.

Salamanders
    It mentioned artillery dice and templates.
    special choice.
    Breath weapon: Strength 3 but -3 to AS

Razordon
    Strength 4 spikes.

Banners
    Huanchi is still one use only but now adds D6 to your charge range.

Link:
    http://battlereporter.blogspot.com/sear ... 0Lizardmen

19. Godless-Mimicry
    Skink

Godless-Mimicry New Member

With the Ancient Powers, it is possible to make a Slann almost identical to the old 2nd generation, and still for much much cheaper.

20. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

New Kroxigor Models: