1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samurai Jack is back!!! - ... And with that the series concludes.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Lord Grok Of Xillaqua
    Kroxigor

Lord Grok Of Xillaqua Well-Known Member

Seen every episode so far this season and I'm loving every minute of it! Going into the last few episodes, I'm very excited to see Jack and Aku have one last fight and see how their story arcs are resolved. I also never thought Ashi would grow on me, but she's become more interesting as the season progressed. I really hope that people's theories of Ashi and Jack becoming a couple doesn't happen, as romance isn't really something the show needed at any point before or yet to come.

NIGHTBRINGER and Bowser like this.
  2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Exactly... the season is really building up well to the final climax of the series.

I feel she has been a great addition. It's interesting to see her evolve as a character. It also provides any interesting lens with which to view the series, environment and other characters through. She has lived such a sheltered and pinpoint focused life, that everything is new and unique to her.

I don't think it would bother me either way. But I can see how it might bother others.

Lord Grok Of Xillaqua and Bowser like this.
  3. Lord Grok Of Xillaqua
    Kroxigor

I wouldn't say I'm bothered by the idea of a romance in the show, but so many films and shows go down that route that I don't think Gendry would want to follow that well-trodden path with only a handful of episodes left in the show. I might also be biased in the sense that I perceive the two having more of an friendship/mentorship vibe going on.

4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That's a perfectly logical viewpoint on it. I would be just as happy if they chose to go down that path.

I just want to see more of the Scotsman... force ghost Scotsman I guess.

Bowser likes this.
  5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

You jinxed it! :p

I'm guessing it wasn't a good episode for you.

Bowser likes this.
  7. Lord Grok Of Xillaqua
    Kroxigor

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:My powers of foresight have failed me once again!!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: [I'm blaming Slaanesh for this]

But to be honest, you're only half right NIGHTBRINGER. Your first point is spot on, the second is quite the opposite. I loved the episode with its humorous build-up to the conclusion. I liked the tension, the teases, the awkward moments, which all felt like a return to the spirit of the original episodes. I didn't expect to enjoy this "development" as it unfolded, but It was handled with better writing and more genuine emotion than most Hollywood movies can muster these days. I couldn't stop laughing at the end for two reasons:

1) I knew you'd wouldn't let me off the hook for my earlier comments, NIGHTBRINGER ;)
    2) My girlfriend and I were watching the episode and just before the final shot, we both said at the same time "Just suck face already!" and like a trolling genie, Gendry & Co granted our wish in a very "Dr. Strangelove" sort of way.

I'm willing to accept it. Not because I have to, but because it felt earned by both Jack and Ashi. After 7 episodes of the "Hope is lost" motif, I'm glad they both found some in the most unlikely places and ways.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
    n810, NIGHTBRINGER and Bowser like this.
  8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it. I think your analysis of the episode is spot on.

So how are they going to finish up the series? There are only two episodes left. I figured the finale would be a 3 part episode (like the premiere was to kick off the series), but perhaps a 2 part finale will do. Unless of course the last episode is longer than the usual 22 minutes, unlikely perhaps but one can hope.

Lord Grok Of Xillaqua and Bowser like this.
  9. Lord Grok Of Xillaqua
    Kroxigor

Well, after my last prediction went nowhere but in my face, I'm going to be a bit more conservative on specifics but I do feel these things might (in some fashion) occur in episodes 9 & 10.

1) The final showdown between Jack & Aku will occur
    2) The Scotsman and his army of daughters will have a role (however brief) to play in the showdown.
    3) Aku will use Ashi in some way to undermine Jack's resolve/fulfillment of his quest (either emotionally/physically/moral choice)

Bowser and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  10. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I would be very pleased with that. I was hoping that the Scotsman would have had a more prevalent role in this season. I hope they allow him to give a meaningful contribution to the final battle/outcome.

I guess we have some insight from the trailer for episode 9. Looks to be the location where Jack last fought the guardian.

Bowser likes this.
  11. Lord Grok Of Xillaqua
    Kroxigor

I also had hoped for more of the Scotsman in this season but with two episodes left, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. As for the location in Episode 9, I think you're spot on. Perhaps there will be a hint that Aku was unaware of the portal guarded by the Guardian, thus initiating the final showdown?

Oh and as one last prediction, Scaramouche MUST come back for one last laugh, even if it is to be obliterated by Aku for calling him "babe" :p

12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That would be a nice touch!
    Me too. He is such a great character. All the episodes he has ever appeared in are fantastic.

Bowser likes this.
  13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

14. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Always so close, yet so far...

samurai jack_graveyard S3E004.png

15. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Temple in one of the samurai jack episodes looks like it could have been of pre-Columbian origin (also looks like of greek), good idea for a future terrain piece!

samurai jack_temple of aku 1 S3E008.png

samurai jack_temple of aku 2 S3E008.png

samurai jack_temple of aku 3 S3E008.png

samurai jack_temple of aku 4 S3E008.png

samurai jack_temple of aku 7 S3E008.png

samurai jack_temple of aku 8 S3E008.png

samurai jack_temple of aku 9 S3E008.png

samurai jack_temple of aku 10 S3E008.png

16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

You've managed to combine Samurai Jack, Aztec architecture and terrain building all in one post. I say kudos good sir. Kudos!

You have earned a gold star!

[​IMG]

Warden and Bowser like this.
  17. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

:shamefullyembarrased:

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

OMG season 5, episode 9 was amazing!!!

I can't believe we only have a single episode to go. Bittersweet.

19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

And it is done good chaps. I shall say nothing for the time being out of respect for those who have not yet seen it.

Thank you Genndy Tartakovsky for all the good memories. An inspired series from start to finish. Beautiful artwork and a truly unique style of story telling.

Bowser and Lord Grok Of Xillaqua like this.