1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saurus Guard Conversion Kits

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Vosrik, Feb 1, 2024.

1. Vosrik
    Cold One

Vosrik Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, if you're like me and really enjoying the new Saurus sculpts, then you're probably saddened by the fact that GW decided not to make some updated Saurus Guard/Temple Guard minis. I've done some searching online, and while I've found a few people who've made some very nice helmets, shoulder guards, and shields to upgrade their warriors, none have come as close to this fellow on instagram I discovered recently:

https://www.instagram.com/_bastion_miniatures_?igsh=MWFhOGRvczdzZWIybA== — bastion miniatures is currently in the process of custom-making some extremely good quality conversion kits with multiple poses and headpieces to turn each warrior from the standard GW box into a Saurus Guard. Seriously, go check out his work! From the looks of it, they're only halfway through the box, but I'm eagerly looking forward to when they're all done. I sent bastion a message, and it looks like the kits will exclusively be made and shipped as physical kits rather than being available as .stl files as well (which is sad, but understandable).

Has anyone else custom built their Guard using the new warriors? If so, I'd love to see how you did!

Noxolotl, Imrahil and JTSleep like this.
  2. Tuchanka
    Skink

Tuchanka Member

Check out my post below, was my attempt using the saurus guard bits and skull helmets.