1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Saurus knights 3 x small units or 1 big unit?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by samheim, Jan 5, 2020.

1. samheim
    Ripperdactil

samheim Well-Known Member

What is the best?

I was thinking either 1 unit 15 knights with lances.

or

1 unit of 10 with lances and 1 unit of 5 with clubs.

Or 3 small units?

2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

No bigger then 10 more then that and you wouldn't be able to get them in combat

samheim, Aginor and Lizerd like this.
  3. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Do three small units owing to the fact that those are the battleline required (plus a scar vet) to make a firelance battalion which is highly effective in improving the knight’s performance

knave, samheim and Erta Wanderer like this.
  4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Yeah they get unwieldy when they are more than 10.

I usually run them 3x5 (that's mainly because I only own 15 though. IMO 10+5+5 is ideal for many lists).

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    samheim and Erta Wanderer like this.
  5. samheim
    Ripperdactil

I went for 10 with lances and 5 with clubs.

I think I prefer the clubs to lance's as it's 3+ 3+. The mortal wounds on the charge is pretty lame imo. Only on a 6. And also a unit of knights will probably only charge once if it's lucky in the whole game. As the knights are so slow, its not even certain they will even charge anyway.

6. samheim
    Ripperdactil

Really hope they make Saurus knights more elite in the update. Everything on them is crap. 1 attack? Cold one has 2 attacks and no rend?

Jaws on 5+ ?

I would prefer pay 140 points and have this stat line.

2 attacks with 3+ 3+ and -1 rend. Cold one 2 attacks 3 + 4 + with -1 rend. And 3 wounds for cold one and rider. Its dumb 2 wounds. A saurus and a Cold one have 1 wound each?

Loose the stupid jaws, Chaos warriors don't get to do powerful kicks or headbutts when they are fighting with their swords. All that stuff should be included in the models attack.

Maybe if the Saurus didn't waste all his time trying to pull off lame bites, he would have more time to give another blow with club.

Lizerd likes this.
  7. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

upload_2020-1-5_21-16-9.jpeg

Carnikang, MackiMac and samheim like this.
  8. samheim
    Ripperdactil

Oh nice! But I still think the cold one needs to be pumped up a bit. The cold one has sharp teeth and claws. So a bit of rend?

The 1 attack for a Saurus kight stinks.

Yes its nice, but look at the might skullscrushers warscroll https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-skullcrushers-en.pdf

They do D3 wounds on charge on a 4+. And they have nice attacks, and 5 wounds. Obviously there are only 3 of them, and I wound not expect the Cold One knights to be that powerful.

But the 6+ mortal wounds on charge to wound not even on hit rolls, is basically a waste of time on Cold One Knights, as you normally only have 5 of them in a unit, probably not all of them will get to attack. Seeing as their lance has a 1 inch range wtf?

Your telling me, Grimghast reapers have a 2 inch range with their scythes, but cold one knights with long lances don't?

I think your warscroll is nice, I would say 120 points for 5 models. At the moment I have used Cold One knights, the 5 + save is trash. So they are not survivable, they do no damage and they are slow as well?

They should be good at least one of these things. Your Warscroll is really nice with the 4+ save, 3 wounds and 2 and 3 attacks.

1 attack for the rider and 2 for the cold one, all with no rend. Why would the Old Ones even bother wasting their time designing such crap.

Lizerd likes this.