1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Scar-vet in Kroxi-Skink Units

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Azactoth, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Azactoth
    Saurus

Azactoth New Member

Can I put a Scar Vet on Cold one in a Kroxi-Skink Unit ?

2. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

3. Azactoth
    Saurus

Azactoth New Member

I'm thinking about 17Skink +2Kroxi (full command 5x5) with scar vet on coldone (Sword of battle and Maiming Shield) ... Yes Skinks will die but they give +5 CR (3 rank+1banner+1outnumber) and saurus gives 6x Ws5, S5 Atack and Kroxies add that 6 more ws3, S6 attack... that unit can be destroy nearly all core infantery units... and its cheaper and faster than 18x Saurus Spearmen with FC and same Scar vet... what do you think about that ? is there any one try this before ?

4. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

the scar vet sure has some survivability with teh 1+ armor save, but he doesn't really need that, it mostly will mess up your unit because of the different base sizes (cav is wider than normal). the problem i see is that unless you charge you are in big trouble, if the skinks are charged not only will tehy lose their outnumber fast, but will also grant CR to the enemy... on the charge tough the unit probably can take out at least teh front rank of any infantry unit out there (except maybe chaos warriors with shields)
    i will try that build once, sounds like fun and getting the charge with M6 is not that hard

5. Sebulba
    Temple Guard

Sebulba New Member

Best of luck to you! I had a group of 15 skinks and 1 kroxigor and it did great. Definitely repost to let us know how it worked. Definitely look for flanks and I'd give the scarvet a great weapon if your looking to shave points.

6. maniclurker
    Skink

maniclurker New Member

I'm just starting up my Lizardmen army (by that I mean that I just bought the book, have no models, and have never played Fantasy), but I did read the rulebook and codex pretty thoroughly....

Anyways, wouldn't it be a little pointless to give Scar-Vet a great weapon? He only gets +1 ST because he's mounted, and won't get to use his shield for more armor. I think a halberd is cheaper than great weapon (can't find my codex), gives same ST bonus, but allows him to strike at his regulary Init instead of last. Still can't use that shield if using the Halberd though....

I was looking at the Kroxies with Skinks myself. I guess that is a pretty good use for the Cold One mount for Scar-Vet to match Move speed of the rest. I might try this myself... once I get some models. LOL!

7. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

halberd is 2 poaints cheaper than a great weapon and will strike at his initative indeed... the great weapon is ment to a saurus on foot.

8. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

As has been told, yes you can.
    But IMHO, you don't want to :)
    (This is just personal experience, don't take this for granted!)

Skrox/krink are very very good in theory, but on the table I find them underperforming.
    The skinks are just sooo easy to kill. If you ever fight something with reasonable Static Combat Resolutino (SCR), that is 3 or more, you will find yourself hardpressed to win. Kroxigors don't cut it anymore, with S6 they aren't as threatening as before...skinks perform nothing but die. And your scar-veteran then has to make up with a wound or 2.
    On the charge, a(ny) Skrox unit is very deadly. When charged, just don't look when your opponents rolls the dice...
    They're great fun, to play with and against (opponents LOVE killing skinks!). But, only the Old Ones know why, I cannot put them to good use.
    Also, I like my units to look neat on the battlefield. No mud, no messing around, no jokes or other animosity....And rank up neatly! Skrox+mounted scar-vet has 3 different base sizes. Might look awkward, that is only if you care about it :p

I have read stuff that people are using Skrox to great effect, I find them somewhat disapointing. We have Saurus you know...

The hunted