1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scum and Villainy, Episode VII: The Assassin Awakens - Signup/OOC

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl, May 18, 2018.

1. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

I think I would be up for this, particularly if even more join, but I will need to come up with a character. This will actually be my first proper experience with an RPG!

2. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Skink Chief

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

4 characters... that's pretty kewl.

I would say 8 would be the perfect amount to start! And more would even be better.

3. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Five, plus the narrator.

5. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

@ravagekitteh So, are you gonna do it? Have you given into our persuasive baiting and taunts? You know you want to:D

6. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

This’ll persuade him:
    [​IMG]

He cannot resist the temptation now!

Brilliant! With @ravagekitteh that makes six including me! If @Y’ttar Scaletail can be persuaded too then that’ll make 7!

7. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

My character:

Cordelia Rekkefølge hails from the distant lands of Sovnskrine. Her quiet nature, coupled with her relative lack of age and short stature make for an unassuming appearance for outsiders. But it would be wrong to believe that the small young woman reading by the fire is a pushover in any situation. This simple appearance masks a sharp intellect and a fierce refusal to back down when she feels the need. She is deeply cynical and views the noble lifestyle with distaste, sharing her people’s disdain for the elitist culture of other societies. Differing from some of the other participants in the negotiations, she is not of nobility, although her position in her people’s society could be construed is its equivalent. Rather she has been selected due to her suitability for the task. Despite her dislike of the idea of nobility, she sees the negotiations as what they are: a good opportunity to improve relations and trading, and so is determined to make the best of them.

She hails from the land of Sovnscrine, more commonly known as the Shimmering Isles. It is located in the far north, considered one of the very limits of civilisation. It is a harsh and unyielding place, and the people have adapted as such, becoming hardy survivors with a healthy appreciation of both nature and knowledge. Being loud and outgoing is not the key to popularity there, rather quiet introversion is often more respected, for the locals have long since realised that going against nature is futile. Instead, they harness it, having reached a mutual understanding with the Orcas that roam the sea, both sides working together to increase takings of fish and other commodities. By being an exemplar of the values seen by the society as good for the task, Cordelia has earned the right to represent them in negotiations.

Some pictures of what the Shimmering Isles might look like:
    D1F3A331-C009-43AC-8338-EFBEFDB403A2.jpeg

A28A926D-6DB4-4812-AA18-0F10D7C4FA45.jpeg

And a song I feel fits quite well:

8. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Skink Chief

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

Amazingly developed character!

LizardWizard likes this.
  9. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Yay! You did do it! Welcome to RP!

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  10. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

I hope I’m not being too ambitious!

11. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

DeathBringer125 Well-Known Member

@ravagekitteh lol I don’t know if you realize it but our characters have the same MBTI (personality type). The INTJ atleast that’s what it sounds like. You should check out the 16 personalities test to see what you are if you haven’t already. But this will be interesting. Our character will either become friends or absolutely despise each other. This seems fun.

12. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Excellent piece of character development here - I’d better develop mine a bit more, his bio is a bit short currently. I also need to think of what his castle will be like.

13. Y'ttar Scaletail
    Troglodon

Y'ttar Scaletail Well-Known Member

You called. I have answered. *Scribbles for a few minutes*

Marshal Victor Rosst.

One of the three chief military commanders of the Dairann region. The people of Darirann are known to be militaristic and ones to rattle sabres at the other nations and regions.

It is said that the perfect courtier should be one who is imposing upon the field of battle and yet graceful during peacetime. Rosst most certainly is not the latter. Gruff spoken, burly, a wild mane of black hair and a bush of a beard, out of armour he stands at an impressive 6ft. Not the softness of silvered tongues for this warrior, but the harsh shouted cries of a commander of men.

Quite why Dairann decided to send him rather than a more civil diplomat is debatable. It is likely that they believe a show of force and bluntness will curb any frills and lace from softening and over flowering the meeting.

14. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

And Rohan has answered! ;)

I believe we have 6 dignitaries now, which would make for a fun game, but I’m still going to wait a while befor starting the game so that if anyone else wants to join, they can.

15. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

When will we start? Maybe we should set a date and player amount. That way we wait either till the date or till the player count. Or we could just start now.

16. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I would just like to wait and see if we get any more people first to give any latecomers a chance, and then if nobody else has signed up in a couple of weeks we’ll start. Let’s say that the deadline will be 14th November - the due date of my last truly immediate coursework (the others are all due later on in December-January).

17. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

That seems perfect!

18. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

Come on @NIGHTBRINGER - surely with the amount of time you spend on the forum, you could afford to take part in this?

19. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

He obviously didn’t see my Palpatine meme urging him to do it and travel one step further to the Dark Side! :p

20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Sorry gentlemen, it's just not my cup of tea.