1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial Seraphon List for Battletome 2.o

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by LizardWizard, Mar 4, 2020.

1. DaBush
    Skink

DaBush Active Member

Starborn shadowstrike is 170 points each :( stupid expensive...

2. DaBush
    Skink

DaBush Active Member

And sorry to spam I’ll stop. I feel like any seraphon list should include the aetherquartz brooch with how many command points we’ll blow through

3. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Right now there is no reason to take more than 1 EoTG. they are effectively just a heal bot that can survive if it gets caught in combat, and act as a point from which to issue any of the 6 generic command abilities.

4. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Note, that EotG is the only means of summoning in Coalesced armies. And with nerf of summoning and buffs on sarurus clubs, I think, EotG still worth considering. He is no worse in combat that standard stegadon and 2 wounds more in Thudner lizard. His mortal wound abilitiy got worse but now you have control of it. My final game with last battletome the eotg kept rolling aoe mw, which got either wasted or failed on 4+. And, more importantly, it works in the shooting phase and can be laucnhed twice for CP in thunderlizard.

5. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

im not saying don't take one.... im saying don't take two lol

6. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Never ever ever! Pity for the fellow players, who had more then 1, no jokes.

7. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

That is what I get for trying to use the Italian language point sheet. lol

8. DaBush
    Skink

DaBush Active Member

Check fb :D

Lizerd, Imrahil and LizardWizard like this.
  9. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Danke Danke

Lizerd and Imrahil like this.
  10. Mistergos
    Jungle Swarm

Mistergos New Member

Hi LizardWizard and thanks for sharing all your list.

I have the feeling you like terradons. To my point of view they are very hard to play now since you roll for MW only for models "that passed across any models from that ennemy unit". I understand the 2+ with terradon chief but i am pretty sure that not all of the models will fly over ennemy. Then all the rest of your MW dices will be lost.
    Even for with the cost reduction it seems pretty hard to make them worth it.

Lizerd, IggyStarhost and LizardWizard like this.
  11. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Very true. It is highly skill demanding to place your unit in the right spot. It will generally take two turns to set up. Keep in mind that charging is a movement and so is pilein. So you can simply charge and if you roll high enough zig back and forth over the unit with each model. Cogs and the Skink Priest help a lost. Considering replace the Slann with Starseer to get 3d5 charge.

Lizerd, IggyStarhost and Carnikang like this.
  12. Mistergos
    Jungle Swarm

Mistergos New Member

Assuming you appears at 9" , 3d6 = 10" average, 11" with charge bonus, i am pretty sure it is impossible to set 12 terradons base perfectly at 9", even worse to make them zig on the target, with a 2" marge. It also means that any trash unit can protect against them.
    If you do not appears at 9", even with 16" move, i am pretty sure they will be washed before coming close with a 6+ save.

With previous shadowstrike, it was already physically painful to put 12 rippers/terras in contact.

We ll see on table i guess.

Lizerd and IggyStarhost like this.
  13. DaBush
    Skink

DaBush Active Member

Terradons are worth so much more than just their bombs. Especially in coalesce shadow strike.

you can get them +2 to hit, run shoot and charge and wounds of 6+ are a mortal wound.

just take their shooting attack after you move 18-23”. 12d6 attacks hitting on 2+, wounding on 3+. Then 6s are mw. Then you can charge, bomb and have 60 attacks hit on 2+ or 3+... again 6 to wound is mortal wound. It’s insanely good, not just for the bombs

ILKAIN, Lizerd, IggyStarhost and 2 others like this.
  14. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

I will be walking up field with run and charge and +3" move FoS and Cogs.

15. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Agreed! They are cheaper flying-and-once-per-game-MW'ing Razordons

16. SkinkBait
    Saurus

SkinkBait Active Member

Definitely consider some knights in the thunderquake list. 7 attacks each goes well with priest buffs, and other than Skinks and Kroxigors you dont have a whole lot of movement.

Lizerd, LizardWizard and IggyStarhost like this.
  17. RandomScrub2
    Saurus

RandomScrub2 Active Member

I feel like you're going to want to add Lord Kroak in that list if not a slann. You really want the extra command points you get from them and they synergise with the engine of the gods.I think 6 kroxigors is going to have to be brought down to 3 to make room for the battalion. Or switch over to unit of 1 or 2 salamander/Razordon pack.

Lizerd and Dragvindel like this.
  18. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

IggyStarhost Well-Known Member

In addition to this. The Terradons are extreme glass canons, and should be used with caution. In my mind they can be a perfect retaliation unit, behind your frontline of skinks and/salamanders. And outside of shadowstrike you can always field 2 units of 6. Than you can choose if you want to drop 6 or 12 bombs on a unit. But also double up on your chances to ‘make’ the charge roll. Or in worst case if the first unit doesnt finish the job, next turn fly over with the second unit. Downside is you need to double the effect of the skink (start)priests, for maximum normal dmg.
    Im going to field a unit of 6, with the poison dagger on the chief for 2 threats. For some hero snipings.

Lizerd and LizardWizard like this.
  19. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

May I ask why you made the Starseer the General rather than the Scar-Veteran? Would rather see a Saurus list led by a Saurus personally

20. RandomScrub2
    Saurus

RandomScrub2 Active Member

Starseer allows for a 3d6 charge. Its objectively better than a Scar-Veteran

Lizerd and LizardWizard like this.