1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Skink Chief Tactica

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Scalenex, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Cyb3rw0lf
    Skink

Cyb3rw0lf New Member

I'm looking at using one on a terradon with the Dawn Stone, Gamblers Armour, potion of Foolhardiness, Javalin, and Shield in an upcoming 750 pt game, and I'm also playing a campaign twice a month right now and won an up to 60 pt magic item for any character if I name him, so I'm looking at this chief build with the Giant Blade. Strength 7 skink WOHOO!

2. erians
    Razordon

erians Active Member

I seem to be the only one who likes this set up:

Skink Chief
    Terradon, Spear, LA, Shield
    Staff of the Lost Sun, Potion of Foolhardiness, Dragonhelm (optional)

He can strike pretty hard in CC, he is a decent source of mid-strenght shooting and as any flying skink he is very elusive. As all Skink Chief set ups he isn't exactly the power gamers choice but he is very versatile and a lot of fun to play with. Compared to a unit of 4 tarradons (about the same price) he shoots better and fights better. In terms of survivability the terradons has 8 wounds vs the chiefs 2 wounds, but the chief has 3+ save, can much easier avoid enemy shooting and higher WS (terradons still comes up on top ofc but not by as much as you would think).