1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skinks Chamaleons from normal skinks

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Mordechai, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Mordechai
    Cold One

Mordechai New Member

Hi,

Here follows my skink chamaleons done...

I´ve maded from normal skinks, cut of that thing in their heads, cut of the tail, sculp new tail, sculp chamos eyes and sculp a kind of hat... I´ve maded 5 of them, but in the picture there is only 3.

Hope you like:

fotos080.jpg

fotos082.jpg

fotos083.jpg

fotos084.jpg

cheers,
    Marcos

2. speedygeko
    Cold One

speedygeko New Member

i love the eyes and the grass, good job

3. Arsenal
    Temple Guard

Arsenal New Member

The modelling conversion is great, especially the tails. It's almost hard to tell they were originally plastic skinks.

For the painting, it's not bad, but the eyes stand out too much from the body in my opinion. If they were the same color, they may blend better with the model and not stand out as a ring of green stuff stuck to it's eye, if you get my drift.

I think it's just because the colors are sooo different from the main green.

Also, you should paint the jewelry and the darts on their arms rather than just dry-brushing the green over them. It will take the model to the 'next level' in terms of quality, like you did with the teeth. The devil is in the details.

Keep up the good work, and I love your tall grass!

4. Mordechai
    Cold One

Mordechai New Member

Thanks guys!!!

About the eyes, I´ve noticed that they "shine", but as they are small in the hand or table, it didn´t appears so much... But I´l planning to paint the yellow areas of the eyes with a lighter green, maybe a neon green...

The grass is Field Grass from Woodlands Scenics, I´ve loved this grass, my sin is to put it in almost everyting in my army!!! But i´m trying to change that...

The jewelry I planned to not paint them, since the originals chamos doesn´t have them, they have those frogs... But I noticed in the pictures, so i beliave I´ll paint the darts, but not the jewelry...

The tail, that you liked, was extremely easy to make, I´ve cut the normal skink tail, then I´ve rolled the green stuff in a worm form, then rollen again, waited the green stuff to dry, cut and glue...

I´ve maded another unit of 6 chamos, from normal skinks too, but with 3 skinks, cut them in half, so in the unit 3 of them are diving in the water (with their tails holding the blowpipe) and 3 geting out of water (looks like this ones, but cutted in half....), when they are done, I´ll post the pictures here...

Cheers,
    Marcos

5. lazylizard
    Temple Guard

lazylizard New Member

wow. Great Job on these little guys. the conversion looks awesome.