1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slann Construction

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by SpawnJester, Mar 13, 2009.

1. SpawnJester
    Jungle Swarm

SpawnJester New Member

Hey, all. I received my Battalion box and my Slann yesterday. I like to assemble the metal models before i glue anything just to make sure I know how everything is attached. All the metal pieces fit without a problem. The issue I've ran into is the plastic "flying dowel" that goes from the base into the bottom of the slann. the whole on the slann isn't straight up and goes into the model on an angle. How can I get it to sit on top straight so my slann doesn't look like his hover chair is malfunctioning.?

2. kroxigor01
    Ripperdactil

kroxigor01 Member

Other people on this board have had this problem as well (though not me, I haven't assembeled a Slann resently). Maybe try and fudge it into being straight with some greenstuff?

3. Scarloc
    Chameleon Skink

Scarloc New Member

GS it and put it in straight or you can do what I do with all my flying stands.

I was sick of the little tips breaking off so I found a drillbit that is the width of the top 1/4 inch of the flying sprue and I drill out any flying models that will still look good with it removed. Everything I own but my gargoyles and great eagles are done this way as I hate drilling after painting.

4. SpawnJester
    Jungle Swarm

SpawnJester New Member

Thanks for the advice all. I have another question. Why does the Skink sprue only come with 5 blowguns? What if i wanted all 6 to have blow guns? how do you all deal with that.

5. Scarloc
    Chameleon Skink

Scarloc New Member

That angered me too, I am slowly building a unit with Jav's because of it. I just give them a jav with no shield and count them as blowpipes.

6. Deadmetal
    Saurus

Deadmetal New Member

just wondering, how big is your slann and its attendant compared to a normal skink?

7. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

The is prety big, the attendent is about half the size of a regular skink

8. Dangerbutton
    Skink

Dangerbutton New Member

My slann had the same problem. I solved it with legos and superglue.

9. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

Deathfrisbee2000 New Member

I would like to see pics of this!

--DF2K

10. Enigma
    Saurus

Enigma New Member

I never use the plastic flying rods tat come with the models. Instead I dril out a hole in the model, glues a rare earth magnet in the hole and then I use a black painted nail instead of the plastic rod, with another magnet on the top. Doesnt look half bad, holds really good, I have the option to chose the hight of the nail and I can take the base of for easier transportation.

I have done so for all my skimmers i 40K, as well as most of my ships in Battlefleet Gothic.

11. blue-dragon88
    Skink

blue-dragon88 New Member

i've drilled a hole in the base of the palanquin, and the monsterbase a inserted a 50mm srew in to the monster base then a nut was gluded into the base of the palanquin.
    see hyperlink for image
    http://cid-7868cbf03bc81fc8.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Lizardmen%20photos/DSCF0025.JPG

12. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Good work. Drill small rare earth magnets into the palanquin and smaller bits of magnetic wire into the skink feet, then they will stick in.

13. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Imma build me a big ol' pile of skulls for the palanquin to rest on instead.

14. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

Deathfrisbee2000 New Member

I've been thinking I'll need to get my hands on some of those soon. Any good sites where someone could find some of these? I don't even have a clue where to start looking.

--DF2K

15. blue-dragon88
    Skink

blue-dragon88 New Member

When I need odd things for my lizardmen I look on eBay & I know for a fact they sell them as I bougth some the other month.

16. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I used amazingmagnets.com, it had pretty fast delivery with not too bad postage.

17. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

If you live in the Americas, I recommend the MiniWarGaming online store.