1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TOW Smaller point army builds?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by PlasmaDavid, Mar 6, 2024.

1. PlasmaDavid
    Kroxigor

PlasmaDavid Active Member

I'm currently in an escalation league for getting ToW underway in my community, can anyone drop some K-bombs on what works at 500/750/1000 points? As per my battle report thread I had fun learning that jungle swarms are not speed bumps but full on concrete walls, and that skinks require thought and skill to use correctly even when all up in the enemy back line...

Kalisto likes this.
  2. discomute
    Terradon

discomute Well-Known Member

I've wondered if 800-1000 and under might actually see use of the Troglodon. So you can go for the COB and still dispel every turn

3. Kalisto
    Temple Guard

Kalisto Active Member

At so low points I would absolutely try to play it, so you can avoid a slot taken by a skink priest. Then play an oldlord with glyph and magic resistance 2. Maybe the saurus unit with 1 lodestone ;)

discomute likes this.
  4. saga
    Jungle Swarm

saga New Member

Skinks. More skinks. Skink chief on steg with a ward save.

5. Kalisto
    Temple Guard

Kalisto Active Member

Even a Skink hero with ruby of ring may be good with both shooting and against war machines. But if your opponents have only melee army as chaos or Beastman I’d avoid it

6. PlasmaDavid
    Kroxigor

First game at 750 tomorrow, wondering if I take a frog, or a steg...

7. BeardedLizard
    Skink

BeardedLizard Member

I don't think I would bring a Slann to sub 1000 point games, especially after the newest FAQ that made him easy to target. Stegadon is very good in combat, but Skink Chief/Priest has low leadership.

@750 You could get a Scar-Veteran on a Carnosaur. Large LD8 bubble for your skinks + he's a mean combat monster.

8. PlasmaDavid
    Kroxigor

Oh boy, time to finally get around to building the carnosaur I've had in a box for 10 years!

9. PlasmaDavid
    Kroxigor

Well a Skief on Steg did pretty good today in two games! Just have to bone up on making the rest of my army (skinks and one saurus block) work better...

BeardedLizard likes this.