1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Some Seraphon questions

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Canas, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

That'd require me to first get goblins :p also don't seraphon technicly evaporate now when they get killed since they're just magic (apart from maybe the slann)?

But yea, I suppose Il try and see if I can manage to sculpt something remotely resembling a saurus body (though I doubt it..) maybe I'l try and see if I can get a 3D printer or something since those have become vaguely affordable. I might stand a better of producing something resembling a saurus if I only have to draw it and not have to sculpt it.

Bowser and Crowsfoot like this.
  2. Ecozh
    Cold One

Ecozh Active Member

I was also looking at my bit box and it really feels rubbish. Especially when I compare it to my Ork 40k box where all the models can be used together (Well, most).

But at least our saurus warriors have some distinction. If we had fewer head options then they would all look even more the same.

Bowser likes this.
  3. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

The weird thing is the amount of variation isn't even the reason for the surplus. It's 6 different heads, but you get about 30 heads in a warriors box containing 20 bodies (and similar things go for the amount of spears, clubs & shields) It's just weird, especially if you can't buy loose parts to finish up the remainder.

Teheloqtec likes this.
  4. ChubbSkink
    Saurus

ChubbSkink Member

I think you are missing some vital information. Most of the sprues for Seraphon (the Lizardmen) date back to 2010 or even earlier. The most recent sprues are when the latest Lizardmen codex was released (stegadon, Teradon/Riperdactil, Bastilodon and the Carnosaur kit) all others are really outdated sprues which is why you get so many extra parts. Is not that GW wanted to play mind games with you giving you extra parts. It's only that the same sprue is used over and over again.
    For example, the Saurus Guard kit consists in 3 sets of identical sprues (or one that has three parts). Each able to build up to 5 Saurus Guard. In there there's enough bitz to personalize your five Saurus Guard. A complete kit (15 models) uses three of these sets. Hence you'll have exactly three times as many extra bitz.

On the topic of space on the sprue, the reason is simple. GW has been perfecting the sprue lay-out throughout the years and you can see the difference between the old sprues (Lizardmen) and new (for example the space marine tac squad sprues) where alomost no space is left without a part.

So to sum up, those extra bitz are not inteded to be part of an extra model, they are there to give you choices over the provided figures. You get more because of the outdated sprues.

Bowser likes this.
  5. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

mm, I know the intention is that you can vary the models, I'm just surprised at the amount of extra bits, especially if there isn't the option to buy loose parts to actually make use of them. Seems like an easy way to make more money. Ah well.

Bowser likes this.
  6. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

I just figure the extra bits are part of the price of modeling. I don't really mind. I've used some of those bits in some pretty odd places over the years. The latest use is probably as poles for my icon bearers in my Genestealer Cult army.

Bowser likes this.