1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars Tabletop Miniature Games

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Warden, Dec 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Found some great pictures of Star Wars miniatures painted by Agis Neugebauer, both for Imperial Assault and X Wing. Lots of great stuff here! :vulcan:

Rebel_Squad_1.jpg

A_Wing_1.jpg

Imperial_Assault_Hoth_Heroes_1.jpg

Imperial_Assault_Rebel_Trooper_Scarif_1.jpg

Nasier_Alenya_Heska_2.jpg

Master_Yoda_2sm.jpg

The artist also has a lot of other great stuff, to include WH40K, Fantasy/Oriental/ WW2, and Giant Killer Robots!

2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I've recently bought a Xwing, Darths Tie fighter and Slave 1 to build and paint later in the year.

Warden likes this.
  3. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

I've seen xwing bring played, but I can never get into it. I'd rather play BFG

4. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Nice! I am slowly getting some models for it, just purchased an x-wing and tie advanced not long ago, awaiting a purchase of the boxed set.

Might even do two boxed sets eventually for a bigger set of dice/templates. The goal is to run a solid New Hope-style Death-Star trench battle...

5. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

6. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

I saw that but didn’t think to post it here. It’s brilliant news! It’s not like it will mess up the canon of the game - they already did that with Resistance/First Order

7. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Another exciting bit of news is that we will also see Prequel stuff for Legion appearing at some point, estimated early 2019!

8. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

So I saw this picture the other day...

IMG_2124.JPG

And I decided to make my own starscape- terrain board!

Step 1: tape some black paper together into make a 3' x 3' size board

warden201812_galaxy board 0.jpg

Step 2: lightly spraypaint blue and pink onto the background in random patterns (to make nebulas)

Step 3: with a brush flick white paint onto the background (to make stars)

warden201812_galaxy board 1.jpg

Done!

warden201812_galaxy board 2.jpg

tutorial!

9. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Love the pic of your cat just vacantly staring at your WIP board saying ‘what the hell is that’

BrotherSutek, Aginor and Warden like this.
  10. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

That looks great!

Warden likes this.
  11. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

The first Clone Wars sets for Star Wars Legion have been announced, and what a gorgeous load of minis they are! :woot:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/star-wars-legion/products/clone-wars-core-set/

There's a separate Clone Wars core set coming in around September time (which is great for me as I don't have to buy the OT one then), featuring Obi-Wan vs General Grievous with 14 Clone Troopers and a BARC speeder bike (with optional sidecar) vs 18 Battle Droids and 2 Droidekas (with miniatures to represent them both in their rolling state and firing state). The only gripe from me is that it's going to be even more expensive than the OT one, being $99.95 in America, which translates to roughly £75 here, which is a damn shame because the minis are so nice, but it's something to certainly consider saving up for.

Also there are boxes of individual Clone Trooper and Battle Droid units coming as well in the first wave (7 Clone Troopers and 9 Battle Droids per box):
    https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/...oducts/phase-i-clone-troopers-unit-expansion/
    https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/...ion/products/b1-battle-droids-unit-expansion/

Warden likes this.
  12. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE, OH INACTIVE THREAD

After a bit of discussion as to the next potential tabletop game my gaming group will likely get into, I kind of caved and got a head start on Star Wars Legion, specifically building up a Separatist army.

20230806_175608.jpg

Thus far I've only picked up the B1 Battle Droid expansion pack, some STAP Riders, and a box of BX Commando Droids, but I'll certainly be expanding the collection as time goes on.

One word of note about the scale: I've seen conflicting information as to whether it's a 32mm game or a 35mm game (the latter mostly from Etsy retailers, mind you - FFG states the former). Either way, I can confirm that it's at a larger scale than 40k. I don't think 6'4" B1 battle droids ought to tower over primaris marines otherwise.

66731349-24b1-4d2c-ad13-04b11b4aab91.jpg

It's just as well that they're at the larger scale too - B1s at this scale are about as thin as GW skeletons.

13. BrotherSutek
    Ripperdactil

BrotherSutek Well-Known Member

Sadly xwing died in my area when the 2nd edition came out a while ago. Too bad as it was a lot of fun. The cost to update to the new edition was too much for me and apparently most of the rest of our local players.

14. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

@ChapterAquila92 that is great! I enjoyed putting together a few Star Wars legion models, I am hoping to actually paint some more of them this year. All I have done is the rebel landspeeder!

15. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

Anyone ever play Heroes of the Aturi Cluster? It's a custom co-op version of X-Wing vs. Imperial dice-rolled A.I. It's the only way my friends will play X-Wing anymore. Lol.

BrotherSutek likes this.
  16. BrotherSutek
    Ripperdactil

I have and liked it. I prefer a live opponent but that doesn't happen anymore. I haven't played it for a long time as my hobby schedule gets filled with so many other things but it's worth the download.

Just A Skink likes this.
  17. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Agreed, the 2nd Edition was a needless, GW-style way of getting more money out of the game. I'm definitely not upgrading to it, even with the temptation of those great-looking Prequels ships, because the upgrade cost is a pain and to be honest, visually the 2nd Edition is a big downgrade from the original - no more thematic cards that seem to have come straight from the various factions of the Star Wars universe, just plain black everywhere other than the illustrations.

Not to mention FFG ditching the game and giving it to Atomic Mass, whose distribution of products in stores is terrible (at least here in the UK).

BrotherSutek and Just A Skink like this.
  18. BrotherSutek
    Ripperdactil

100% agree! Also I was told some ships I used aren't in the new edition, no idea what as it's been a long time since I've been able to talk xwing. Some of the new ships look amazingly cool and the Droid ones were tempting. I just don't have the cash for it and there aren't any players if I did. Mind you this is from the guy who was going to buy Cylon Raiders from Shapeways to use as M3-A.