1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Started Painting Today! Picture Heavy!

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by asrodrig, Nov 11, 2008.

1. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Yes, I was impressed at how good it looks with only one coat of paint on it.

Here's some more stuff that I have been working on, but unfortunately didn't get done in time for 300 point club. Some Cold Ones!
    DSCN1662.jpg
    DSCN1663.jpg
    And their riders!
    DSCN1664.jpg

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Sorry, the plain brown of the cold ones screams 'horse' more than anything else, and I think COs should stand out above horses since they are far superior. Even if you painted the scales a different colour or shade I think it would make a big difference. But it will be interesting to see how they turn out with riders on them. They look good, just not very lizard-like to my eyes. They seem more furry than scaley.

3. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Hm, that's an interesting point that I never considered before. I'll see how they turn out once I get the riders finished and stick them on top. I like the way they turned out, so I'm apprehensive to try anything crazy right now.

EDIT: Cold One Riders, like pretty much everything else, take the back seat lately so I can work on my Slann and my Salamander Hunting Party.

DSCN1710.jpg

4. strewart
    OldBlood

Looks great! I like the green skinks, green lizards are pretty uncommon these days but can look very cool.

5. Celticfire
    Chameleon Skink

Celticfire New Member

I wold agree, the green lizards are lokking great. i, unfortunatly cannot seem to be able to paint a green skink to save my life. meh i like my blue ones anyway.

6. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, my Stegadon!
    DSCN1774.jpg
    Sorry about the focus on that one, it's a little funky, I know.
    Here's a close up of his face:
    DSCN1773.jpg
    Enjoy!

7. Suppe
    Kroxigor

Suppe New Member

Some interesting colour schemes, I love the stegadon eye!

8. WheelR
    Chameleon Skink

WheelR New Member

Warlock purple makes me happy :D.. Allmost everything in my army has that as skin color so it is fun to see it used on someone else's models as well. Looks nice overall.

The skink priests stands like he wants to be on the picture too.. :p

9. strewart
    OldBlood

It looks pretty cool overall I like the pale blue, can you take a side view pic? The only thing I'm not completely convinced on is the red horns, but it certainly is different.

10. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Finished my Gor-Rok model:
    DSCN1815.jpg
    DSCN1816.jpg

11. ille
    Skink

ille New Member

I want to know how u make the base!

Well done on the faded colors!

12. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

The base is a piece of tree bark that I first basecoated black with a brush-on paint, then gave it a coat of Charadon Granite, a wash of Badab Black, and then two highlight coats of Codex Gray and Fortress Gray. Then I glued it to a 25mm base and added a skull, plus some static grass and clump foliage. I'm glad you like it! :pompus:

13. waghi
    Jungle Swarm

waghi New Member

Wow!
    You got some great looking models. If you don't mind; how did you paint the salamder and skink handlers on the previous page, and also, what is that Scar Vet's shield - it looks awesome!

14. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

The Salamander was first primed white, and then basecoated Mordian Blue, with some Hawk's Turquoise highlights. The sail is blended from Macharius Solar Orange to Golden Yellow and Sunburst Yellow, with a thin wash of Gryphonne Sepia. I also applied a Leviathan Purple wash on the scales along the back and tail of the Salamander.
    The Skinks were painted first with Knarloc Green, then drybrushed with Rotting Flesh, followed by a heavy wash of Thraka Green. The sail was done in the same way as the Salamander's.
    As for the shield, it's made from Green Stuff and a small icon that came in the Saurus Warriors box. I painted it with Tin Bitz, Boltgun Metal, Badab Black, Chainmail, and Mithril Silver, in that order.
    Glad you like my work! Lately I've been focusing on my 40K army a little more, so you probably won't have an update for a while. :pompus:

15. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Sorry for the Necromancy and Double posting, but I have been working on my beloved Lizards a little lately.
    DSCN1911.jpg
    DSCN1915.jpg
    DSCN1912.jpg
    DSCN1880.jpg
    DSCN1900.jpg
    DSCN1881.jpg
    DSCN1817.jpg

Attached Files:

16. Cuauhtémoc
    Saurus

Cuauhtémoc New Member

Wow, those camo conversions looks fabulous! What did you use for their eyes? Is it greenstuff?
    I also adore the color you have achieved on the steg, both on the body and on the eyes. If you'll let me, I think I'll paint mine in a way similar.

17. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Yes, that's just Green Stuff that I used to make those Chameleon Skinks. I'm painting them up right now, and they're looking not too shab, if I can say so myself. The Stegadon is still a WIP, but it's coming along too. I'll post some pictures of it soon too.

18. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

Hey good job on the salamanders, they really stand out nicely! :D

19. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Thanks, I'll take a better picture of the Orange one soon. Her base has a little more detail than the other one's that you can't see.

20. wappellious
    Temple Guard

wappellious New Member

Amazing stuff!! Army looks fantastic! Congrats :D