1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Sue and the Seraphons! my first AoS short story!

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by samheim, Aug 20, 2019.

1. samheim
    Ripperdactil

samheim Well-Known Member

Xavi motioned the air recovery team downwards.

To Sue and the companions relief, they were finally returning to the solid ground again.

The Ripperdactyls, swooped in gracefully to land in a flat farm field.

The companions dismounted.

"I'm still alive!" Chadsun said incredulously, jumping up and down on the solid earth.

"Hard part, now" Xavi said to Chadsun.

"What do you mean?" Sue replied instead.

"Need cross Tendril Sea." Xavi said, as he pointed to a field full of cows.

"Need feed rippers, meat, long journey, no stop. Meat make Rippers... difficult!" Xavi said handing Walter a gold ingot.

"Buy six cow."

Eligbert watched with wide eyes, as he saw the chunk of gold change from Xavi's hand to Walters.

"Peter, Rudolph!, You heard, go find the farmer and give him this." Walter felt the heavy lump of gold in his hand.

It must have been about ten years worth of wages for an officer, he thought to himself. He handed it to Peter Frankfurton.

"When you find the farmer, tell him it's military concern. Don't let him see this." Walter said pointing to the primordial air crew.

Rudolph and Peter ran off to find the farm house.

----------------------------------------

Maw-gritch finally caught up with the Gutter Runner. Following its scent with his keen nose.

He ran to where the Gutter Runner lay dying from exhaustion, propped up against a tree.

"Which, way? quick" Maw-gritch snapped with little concern for the Gutter Runners plight.

"South-we .. west." The Gutter Runner said weakly.

"Go-go, now" Maw-gritch directed two clan rat's to dispose of the Gutter Runners body, and then ran as fast as he could back to the entry tunnel, that lead to the Vagulchden.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Maw-gritch ran as fast as his hands and feet would carry him, through the narrow tunnels that lead into Clan Vagulch's main burrow.

He finally emerged, squeezing himself though a tight hole, into a huge cavern. Endless Skaven toiled, some pushing great carts full of soil and others carrying food of various descriptions.

The smell sat like treacle in the air. It was thick and heavy.

Maw-gritch tussled through the teeming Skaven crowds, making his way towards Plague Seer Malgrix's personal burrow.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Claus Dukemhausen, was in the barn tending to his pigs, when Peter and Rudolph found him.

"Hello soldat's? can I helfps?" Claus said to the red faced Peter.

"Yes" Peter said, breathlessly.

"We are comen here, to take six of your cow." Peter finished.

"VHAT!" Claus said furiously.

"Wait, wait, we will compensate you." Peter said extending his arms, to calm the farmer down.

"How?" Claus said.

Peter handed Claus the gold ingot.

Claus took the gold block suspiciously. He bit into it and scratched at it.

"Oh mein heavens!" The farmers attitude had completely transformed.

"Please I insist take ten cow!"

--------------------------------------------------

Walter watched as the Skinks stretched and rubbed the Rippdactyls wings.

"Eligbert, tell me. vhat the hell happen? how did you find my mutter's farm?" Walter said to the sitting wizard.

"Well, it all started with that idiot over there" Eligbert said looking at Chadsun, who had gone to be sick in some trees.

"Yes, continue please" Walter's curiosity making him impatient.

"Well, he slapped one of the ladies at Shanty's lost Knickers across...." Eligbert said remorsefully shaking hie head.

"And her coconuts flew off, and one of them hit another patron. And a brawl did take place."

"The next thing I knew, the town guard appeared. And it was Peter and Rudolph. They were unsure what to do with me and Chadsun.
    So they decided to go and ask you."

"How did they find me?" Walter asked again.

"They went to every coach on main street, until they found someone who had given a yellow lizard a journey."

Walter cursed teaching his men to use their own initiative, as he watched them returning from amongst the farm buildings.

------------

"Sir, the farmer said to take those cows in the field nearest to us. He said he was going to town,
    and would clean up tomorrow when he gets back, any mess." Peter Frankfurton said pointing to the grazing cows.

Xavi stood up "Mount up!". The Skink pilots walked back to their Ripperdactyls and climbed on. The air troop took to the skies.

Walter watched as they circled slowly around the grazing cows.

"EERRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKK" Xavi's Ripper let out a deafening shriek as it dived down claws extended. The cows started to run in panic.

The Ripperdactyl was on them, tearing and biting at the cow. There were more shrieks as the rest of the beasts descended on the other cows.

The Ripperdactyls seemed to come to life, eating with voracious appetites, great slabs of beef.

--------------------------------------------------

"Great se.. seer" Maw-gritch snapped urgently, to the robed figure who was standing at a large round table with a huge map of southern Ghyran on it.

"Yes yes? information?" Malgrix raised his head from the map, his eyes focusing on the Plague Monk.

"South-West" Maw-gritch confirmed.

The Plague Seer went back to study his map. He placed one finger with a large curled nail on a point on the map.

"S so.. they reach the coast at her-hernia Promontory, cross sea." Malgrix traced his nail across the canvas map.

"Has to be hot, for lizards. Hot-hot and wet." Malgrix pondered.

"There!"

Magrix turned to his attendee's.

"All tunnelling operations to be redirected to-to the Dearth Coast!"

Maw-gritch spoke again, "Your excellency, I poi-poision their flying mounts."

"Good-good work, Maw-gritch" Magrix turned back to his map.

"So-so let's see. five hours to cross the-the sea. Stomach Rot takes 8 hours to work-work." Malgrix plotted out an estimated
    zone on the map.

"Need-need get there before them!" Magirx said snuffling his whiskers, as he tried to solve the difficult problem.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Rocket Train!" Skit-warp-tail said enthusiastically, motioning with his hand, towards a mining cart with four rockets welded to either side of it.

"Skit, is-is there any possibility, this will work-work?" Magrix said, trying hard to be optimistic.

"Why, yes-yes of course my horse!" Skit said, a knowing smile exposing his big yellow rotten teeth.

"When-when Skit-warp-tail, ever let Malgrix down?"

Malgrix looked around Skit's workshop at various other destroyed contraptions.

"Good-good. How many, that thing carry?" Malgix asked looking at it again.

"One safely, two less safely." Skit replied.

"Great, Maw-gritch for your great reward, for-for good work, you can go-go with Skit in Rocket Train!." Malgrix said rubbing his hands.

Maw-gritch, passed his eyes over the suicide train. "Thank-you" He said.

"When-when we going?" Skit asked Malgrix.

"Now! this very moment! you must arrive at the other side, before they do. Follow them, mark trail."

Malgrix watched as some slaves were employed by a burly looking Stormvermin to drag the Roket Train towards the entrance of the exploration tunnel.

The rat men began to head towards the main tunnel hub of Vagulchden.

"You arrive first-first, Night runners arrive tonight. Rest-rest of rats arrive tomorrow."

"Main tunnel complete in 5 days. Then we all arrive." Malgrix said to Skit-warp-tail.

-----------------------

The rat men stepped into the bustling rail network hub of Vagulchden. The great mouths of the tunnels that linked Vagulchden to the continents of Ghyran shot off in all directions.

Malgrix headed towards the tunnel heading south west. There was a constant stream of Skaven carrying carts of clay and rock exiting the tunnels mouth.

He approached the foreman, who was distributing orders to the worker rats.

"When-when, last rat down the exploration tunnel-tunnel" Malgrix asked.

"three hours, group of twenty going out" The foreman answered.

"Skit your journey on Rocket Train might be bumpy" Malgrix said.

The slaves brought the Rocket Train to the entrance of the small exploration/service tunnel at the side of the main tunnel.

"Left-left! right, back there!" Skit told them, lining up the Rocket Train's wheels on the small gauge tracks.

"Get, ready go - to go!" Skit handed Maw-gritch a padded helmet with some goggles.

Maw-gritch looked at the exploration tunnels entrance as he climbed in the Roket Train, it was barely as tall as the cart. He ducked down further as Skit climbed in as well.

"Ok good luck-luck!" Malgrix squeaked, asthe slaves pushed the Roket Train to the mouth of the very snugly fitting exploration tunnel.

A muffled voice replied back "stan woo bark."

Malgrix waited for a few moments... Nothing was happening.

"Go see what problem" He pointed at the foreman.

"fizzzzisssss" The foreman went to poke his head into the mouth of the tunnel.

"ssssssiiissssssssss."

"WHHOOOOSOSOSOSOSOSOSSHHHHHHHHHH"

The warpstone powered rockets on the Rocket Train finally ignited. The foreman was caught in back blast, and killed instantly, his fur singed and the whip falling from his smoking paw.

The sound the Rocket Train made shooting off down the tunnel was deafening.

Malgrix smiled, as it began to grow fainter.

He looked at the mouth of the exploration tunnel. The tracks were glowing red from the warp rockets.

"Wait for twenty min-minutes, for tracks to cool, then rest of you go." Malgrix said to the five hundred or so rat men, he had ear marked for the advance scouting mission of the Dearth Coast.

------------------------------------------------------------

2. samheim
    Ripperdactil

The two rocketeers hurtled along the service tunnel at warp-stone rocket speed!

"WHOOOOOOO, WHOOOOOO SQUEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKK" Skit screamed, the warlock engineer truly experiencing the zenith of enlightenment.

"Shut-shut up, or kill-kill you now!" Maw-grith shout-squeaked at him.

"Ea-easy, ba-ba bay bay!" Skit shouted back laughing, over the roar of the rocket thrust.

"Right, that's-that's it!" Maw-gritch wrapped his arm round Skit's neck and bit him on the shoulder.

"ArrrggggHHHHHH, wha-what you do that for?!" Skit elbowed Maw-gritch in the ribs.

The two rats tussled in the Rocket Train.

"Ok,ok stop n-now!" Maw-gritch released his arm from Skit's neck.

Skit wasted no time contemplating why Maw-gritch had sneak attacked him, and went instantly back to his merrymaking.

"errr... er .er er.. huh huh huh... uh uh uh woooohhhppp"

Maw-gritch, gave in, and accepted that his funeral would have the worst music in the mortal realms, as the Rootkit Coffin began to tilt round a bend.

"No rat, more, fast-fast then Skit-wa-warp-tail!" Skit proclaimed.

"No-no rat more in-insane." Maw-gritch stated.

"More-more speed!" Skit reached for the rootkit accelerator control leaver.

Maw-gricth tried to grab his hand, but was to slow. Skit sunk the lever down as far as it would go.

The thrust of the rootkits grew even louder, Maw-gritch was pinned to the back of the cramped cart, with
    Skit's back pressing against his chest. The cart's wheels glowed orange,red from the friction.

The g-force pulled Maw-gritchs skin back over his face, exposing his toothy gums.

Some times, in the Skaven life, you just got to live it, he concluded.

"Whooooooo, squeeeke!" Maw-gritch cried.

----------------------------------------

Walter looked pointedly at the returning Chadsun.

"Zo, you vant to tell me about the coconuts?" He said sternly to Chadsun.

"Oh, yes, Coconut tits. Well, I bet Eligbert didn't tell you his part in the story" Chadsun smirked at the wizard.

"They were doing a choo choo train." Chadsun said, raising his eye brows.

Sue blushed and looked nervous.

"Vhats a choo choo train" Asked Walter.

"Be thankful you don't know. But I did the right thing, when the wrong thing was easy. You know about that?" Chadsun looked at Walter with a fixed stare.

"Vell, I faced death a few times." Walter said, meeting Chadsun's stare.

"Being the hero when everyone wants you to be one, is easy, try being one when they don't want you to be." Chadsun, walked past Walter and onto the Ripperdactyls.

Walter dismissed Chadsuns declaration, and walked towards Xavi, and the now agitated Ripperdactyls.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alfred watched as the air men in front of him disappeared into the huge portal gate. It was now his turn to pass through. Anxiety welled up inside him as he prepared to fly into the pitch black void in front of him.
    He watched as the his Rot fly's head touched the darkness, then he was inside the void.

Bright lights flashed in Alfreds eyes. He felt his body being twisted and contorted. Time seemed to bend, he couldn't tell if it was a second or thousand years.

------------------------------------------

Alfred heard shouting and loud bangs. He opened his eyes, and was met with a horrific visage. The
    Hellscape beside and in front of him, was filled with numberless crosses, jutting out from the ground.
    Nailed to the crosses were every conceivable creature. Men, women, elf, dwarf, knight, marauder, cattle, daemon,celestial.
    The light was brilliant, seeming to come from an unknown source. It illuminated every grimace and look of horror on the
    persecuted's face's.

He shuddered as a weird feeling washed over him. In the distance was a huge castle. The Fortress Of Shameless Desires huge towers stood ominously over the forsaken land.

On top of one of he towers a huge daemon stood watching the oncoming army. Alfred stared at the behemoth, which appeared to be one hundred times taller then Peter The Sinful.
    He felt a deep primitive feeling well up from inside him. He hated the daemon more then anything he had ever hated before, every fibre of his being, screamed at Alfred to murder the
    Daemon of Shameless Desires.

------------------------

3. samheim
    Ripperdactil

"You and your children's lives Alfred, were not even worth one good fuck with the sexy town mayor."

Alfred heard the Daemons voice inside his head.

"She didn't fuck you, like she fucked him Alfred." The daemon filled Alfred's head with images of Louisa's and Eli's romance.

"Her desire was shameless Alfred. I made it so." The daemon's sweet sick laughing rang through Alfred's head.

He gripped his axe, and kicked at the Rot fly to usher it forward faster.

"When you die here, at this palace of Slaanesh, like they all die. Louisa will go on until she is good and old.
    then after a life time of sin, beautiful sin, she will find Sigmar and all will be forgiven. A beautiful story, don't you think?"

Alfred watched in the distance as the daemon began to flap it's wings.

"You will be forever cursed for your wickedness, Alfred, there is no way out for you. HA HA HA!"

"She killed little Lilly and Daisy, and made you commit your eternal soul to damnation. And she enjoyed those good
    fucks with Eli like you could never even dream of. You nobody. Ha HA HA HA." The daemon continued.

Something inside Alfred, made him not care if the words were truthful. Only purpose composed him now. What ever maybe, maybe.

"Alfred, how does it feel to be a nothing, and still loose it all? HA HA HA"

The daemon pointed its hand towards the sky, and a huge warp rift appeared.

Alfred was gripped with panic as he watched the distant daemon preparing to escape.

"No!" Alfred screamed.

"I can't stay here with a nobody like you Alfred. You and your shit potato sack shirt and pants. HA HA HA"

The daemon made Alfred relive the Church of Sigmuntun experience from Louisa's perspective.

He felt her seething hatred for him. He felt her burning misery, at him not being good enough. Alfred groaned sorrowfully.

He then felt her lust for the other men of Sigmuntun.

"You like my parting gift? Alfred you fucking wooden shack dwelling nobody?"

"I promise you, as truthfully as the light from the stars illuminates the Mortal Realms at night, I will find you and I will kill you." Alfred screamed.

"Yes, they all kill me. Yet their shameless desire burns on, as real as I am standing here. ."

With that the daemon jumped into the swirling black vortex above it's head, and was gone.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  4. samheim
    Ripperdactil

Claus Dukemhausen sat in the stage coach thumbing the gold ingot with strange exotic looking symbols etched into it.

He felt the coach gently lift off of the ground and start to ascend.

"That's quite a piece, what's it made out of?"

A slender man with a ghostly white complexion, the only other passenger in the coach asked Claus.

"The dreams of a dying star, but you already knew that." Claus answered.

"Well yes, I did already know that. But how did you know, I knew that?"

Claus raised his head slowly from studying the ingot, he peered out under the brim of his hat, his eyes met the vampire's grinning face, it's sharp fangs dripping with venom.

----------------------------------------------------

Sue gripped on tight to Hugo's waist, the little Skink pilot totally focused on his mounts needs.

The Ripperdactyls flew far more erratically now, making loud shrieking noises as they dipped and rose on the air currents.

Walter watched as the coast passed underneath them and they were over the sea. The wind was stronger with less obstacles to impede it's flow now.

They flew for hours over the crashing waves below, until finally night started to set in.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Choo Choo, something's not right with Gordo Pájaro." Xavi said, looking round to Choo Choo, who was his acting copilot.

The Ripperdactyl was wheezing and spluttering. The moon illuminated the other Skinks, who were having trouble with their mounts as well.

Sue screamed, as the Ripperdactyl she was riding dropped 100 feet all at once. She could see the black waves and hear them roaring in the darkness. Terror gripped her.

The desperate and heroic Ripperdactyl Sue was riding, put aside it's agony, burning it's stomach and pulled up for the sake of his pilot.

Xavi looked desperately around, and at the nightmare blackness beneath him, searching desperately for a landing spot, even though it was impossible to see in the darkness below.

The air troop were not flying very high above the sea at all now.

"Death Coming!" one of the pilots hissed drawing up close to Xavi and pointing behind him.

Xavi turned his head, riding out of some clouds, a group of eight glowing ethereal skeleton horses, glowing a soft luminous green colour in the night sky. They were pulling a carriage. A dark cloaked figure sat in the drivers seat on top of the carriage.

The Ripperdactyls now gyrated in the air, loosing altitude and then desperately trying to recover.

The driver of the Black Coach tugged on the reigns, and the ethereal steeds galloped faster and faster through the sky. The Black Coach was now only 20 feet or so behind Sue and her pilot, and 10 feet or so below them.

At that moment, Peter Frankfurton's mount finally gave in and twirled in agony in the sky, Peter fell still holding on to the Skink pilot.

The driver of the Black Coach, in what seemed like something from a dream, shot forth his mighty whip, and it wrapped round Peter's wrist, tight, Peter holding on to his pilot Skink with one hand now, grabbed at the whip with all
    he could as it began to go taut.

The driver struggled grabbing the whip with both hands, and digging his feet hard into the drivers stirrups, as he braced to take the weight.

Peter and Skink pilot now dangled underneath the Black Coach. Peter motioned the Skink to climb up the whip, the Skink flew up the whip, Peter then began to pull himself up, with all the strength he could muster, knowing his life depended on it.

He finally made it to the coach door, that the Skink had opened. Pulling himself up from the deck of the carriage and finally getting his legs on board, he kissed the carriage floor.

Then looking up, he saw a dead, pale looking man with vicious looking fangs, bouncing up and down in the carriage seat. A silver musket ball was lodged in his eye socket and a wooden stake driven through his heart.

"Mein friend, just throw him out will you." Peter looked out the door window to see the driver.

"The farmer!" Peter shouted joyfully!

"Ya, Ya, the farmer, and retired Grand Professor at the Hamborgen School Of Witch Hunters." Claus Dukemhausen, shouted back.

"Now, let's get the rest of your yellow friends to their space ship." Claus said, as he skilfully manoeuvred the Black Coach beneath the failing Ripperdactyl squadron.

5. samheim
    Ripperdactil

"Hurry-hurry up!" Snout-Fast-Liar The Gutter Runner pack leader, urged his troop to keep up the pace, as they navigated the cramped, pitch black service tunnel.

"Shhhhooooooooooooooooo"

"What is th-that?" Snout squeaked.

"STOP!"

"listen"

"Shhhhhoooooooooooooo" The sound was growing a little louder.

"IN TO MAIN TUNNEL NOW-NOW" Snout screeched, blind panic filling him.

"NOW, NOW, NOW"

He jumped at the side of the service tunnel and began to dig with his hands and feet, his sharp claws tearing at the hard mud.

"Quickly!"

The other gutter runners jumped on top of Snout and each other, desperately clawing at the mud as well.

"SHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" The terrible noise was starting to become very loud.

"YES YES!" the soft wall separating the service tunnel began to give way.

"ME FIRST!" Snout yapped, as he kicked his legs as hard as he could against the mud wall, knocking a hole through. He jumped out, and fell 30 feet down, landing on the hard new rail tracks of the main tunnel, shattering his ankle. "AGGGGHHH" He squawked in pain. Other member's of the troop then began to land on top of him. His head smashed hard against the
    other rail track, as another gutter runner lander directly on top of him.

"WHAT-WHAT you doing? damaging main tunnel ceiling" An angry looking Stormvermin foremen squeaked aggressively at the pile of gutter runners.

"SHOOOOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOOO"

"WHAT NOISE, WHAT NOISE?" the foreman, shout-squeaked confused.

The main tunnel began to shake, under the force of the Rocket Train's thrust.

"RUN, EVERY RAT FOR HIMSELF'S" The foreman Squeaked, running and jumping over the pile of Gutter Runners, Wetting himself at the same time.

The pungent smelling urine of the foreman splashed over Snout's face, reviving him to his suffocating agony.

Snout looked at the ceiling, the thunderous roar coming from the service tunnel, was met with huge blankets of flame that poured through the hole connecting the two
    tunnels as the Rocket Train passed by.

The highly toxic warp fumes filled the main tunnel, chocking some of the gutter runners, who didn't leave the pile in time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

6. samheim
    Ripperdactil

The huge swarm of Rot fly's began to draw close to the Fortress of Shameless Desires.

"Ain't that a thing yall" General Lee addressed his entourage.

"Get those platforms inbound, we gon need crack some holes in that piece of rock." No sooner had General Lee finished, several huge tightly packed balls of Rot flies, began
    to hover to the front of the swarm.

"3, 2 ,1 let em know!" General Lee's clapped his decaying hands together,

The balls of Rot Flys dispersed and revealed some flat steel platforms with dozens of cannons mounted on them, held in place by a dozen or so heavy duty pack flys.

The cannons instantly erupted, fire and smoke belching out of the furious gun mouths.

BANG!, BANG!, BANG!, BANG!,BANG!, BANG!, BANG!, BANG!

The first platform's gun's, fired in tight sequence.

The heavy cannon balls made their loud scream's as they tore through the sky, before smashing into the obsidian walls of the Fortress of Shameless Desires, and bouncing off
    harmlessly.

"Look out!" Alfred shouted, spotting a small flicker of light on the fortress's midnight black walls.

The fortress came to life, hundreds of hatches opened all over the front facing wall. Hundreds of Slaneesh sorcerers stood in the open windows, and began to hurl
    bolts of energy and other more wicked magics at the flat footed 7th air cavalry.

"DOWN NOW, GO FAST AND LOW" General Lee, shouted as his steed dipped downwards towards the ground.

Bulbous Mike, was sprayed with ichor and body pieces from a smitten Blight King.

"Whats that goo?" Mike bellowed.

"Oh shit, yall, those sum nasty bastards fo real. Air men good luck, we goin all in. Demon hood to anyone who takes out one of those Penile Cannons." General Lee's voice
    rang out clearly though Alfred's helmet, even though he was half a mile to General Lee's flank.

The Hedonists manning the fort, had unleashed huge weapons that shot forth the essence of life itself. Alfred could just about make out one of the non mechanical artillery pieces
    that was in a lower window. It was more or less the size of free city galleon's cannon, but it was actually a giant penis. He watched as the balls of the cannon, began
    to contract again, and it fired its sticky shot into the air again. The goo splashed over some of the pusgoyle blightlords above Alfred, it also stuck to the wings of the mounts and
    they began to drop like stones, towards the earth. The Blight Lords who had been covered with the goo, now desperately fought against it, as it began to solidify.

The losses to the 7th air cavalry were appalling. In just a few moments, thousands of air men had been sent their way to Nurgles cauldron. Regardless the flying army pushed on,

Their numbers were simply irresistible, and flying as fast as they could, they got ready to charge the occupants of the Fortress.

Alfred readied himself to leap from his mount and into the fortress.

Cashoot, cashoot, cashoot, the noise of thousands of shutters being closed all at once. The Fortress had become the black lifeless smooth stone again.

The front Rot Fly's smashed into the hard surface, splattering themselves to pieces on the solid rock face.

pandemonium ensured, as the following Blight Lords tried to stop their mounts dead in the air, from the all out charge they had been making.

"Well yall, the good news is, they can't do that trick again. We here now. Everybody look for openings." Geneal Lee said as he hovered about 40 feet off the ground, staring at the blank surface of the fortress.

7. samheim
    Ripperdactil

"Well yall, no use floating around up here, yall need to get down there and start digging in".

General Lee said, frustrated after spending several hours with his army, looking for an entrance in the pitch black stone, and failing.

He watched for a while, as Blight Kings dismounted and began digging trenches with their picks, in a circular perimeter around the fortress. He then to began to
    drift on his Rot Fly downwards and land next to Sweet Pus and Kirkah.

"So, any ideas?" General Lee said to the master mage.

"Yes, these walls are made from the stuff in between the realms, you can't get into the fortress, because its not really here. Its just a portal to somewhere else."

"Hey! if, it's not here, how did those windows open and they shoot my boy's?" Lee replied frustrated to the mage.

"The Fortress of Shameless desires, was here at that moment, but it then went away again. It returns to this point intermittently it would appear. It then travels somewhere
    else in the Chaos Realm. This black rock, is just a husk, but its not actually rock at all, it's a stabilised rift in reality, that is filled with nothingness." Sweet Pus said thoughtfully.

General Lee rubbed his chin, "So, what your saying, is that the fortress is basically the same shape as this black stuff, and it fills this space when it returns?"

"Yes that's it Robert."

"So is there anyway to get the fortress to appear here again? and is there anyway to get inside the fortress?" General Lee asked, doubting the likeliness of his own question.

"Well, that I wouldn't kn..."

"The Daemon is the key to the fortress!" Alfred interrupted. "It follows him, where ever he goes, it's his trophy hall."

"And how would you know this." Sweet Pus snapped, vexed at the farmer-barbarians interruption.

"I just know. It was in my head, speaking to me. I told it I was going to kill him, and he left to spite me." Alfred said it a quiet careful voice.

"And why would the Daemon of Shameless Desires, who has lived for eternity, want to spite you Alfred? you and you alone, out of the one million other damned souls here?" Sweet Pus asked with an
    air of dismissiveness.

"It's to do with revenge, Shameless Desires must go un-avenged. He knew I would suffer more, if he let me live."

"Yes and why you, Alfred? You think out of all these men standing here, you are the only one with a colourful story?" Sweet Pus snapped again, his patience running thin.

"I don't know why me." Alfred said, Sweet pus'es words seeming to knock him back down to reality, in the unreality they were standing in.

"Well, Sweet Pus, Could that daemon be the key?" General Lee interjected, thoroughly enjoying Alfred's story.

"What difference does it make if he is? It just means, we can't find him or his fortress. We have two things we can't find, instead of one thing we can't find." Sweet Pus answered Lee.

"Ahh, dayum." General Lee sighed.

"Right yall, stop digging those trenches, Look's like we won't be going any further into the Pervert Princes abode for now. Just another dead end."

General Lee's army began to remount their steeds and return to the portal they had entered the Fortress of Shameless Desires domain from.

Alfred watched as the endless ranks of the 7th Air Calvary made their way back through the portal from whence they had came. He turned his head to stare one last time at the
    endlessly dark silhouette of the fortress.

"Not ready to leave Vullox?" Kirkah said, noticing Alfred's fixed gaze.

"No, not really, Kirkah. The part of me that's missing is somewhere in that darkness." Alfred said with melancholy.

"Yea, but maybe it's better it stays lost there." Kirkah stated as he turned away from Alfred and instead watched the Blight Kings and their mounts disappear into the portal.

8. samheim
    Ripperdactil

The sombre skinks clustered on the top of the black coach, next to Claus Dukemhausen.

"Zo tell me mein yellow fellows, where did your space city depart from" Claus bellowed as he held the reigns to the ethereal steeds briskly cutting through the night sky, over the
    angry sea below.

"No know, depart long before we were born." Xavi answered.

"Oh I zee, that is intresting. where were you going, why travel zo far away?" Claus shouted again."

"Take Restful One to reunion." Xavi shrieked back.

"Who is Restful One?" Claus belted again.

"She is the passenger we take to reunion." Xavi stated.

"Well what does she look like?" Claus asked again.

"Don't know, no one has ever seen her, who is alive now. loading crew die of old age, two hundred generations ago. Passenger's chamber is sealed." Xavi finished, his eyes rolling around independently as he looked
    at the unnatural steeds and the clouds that were passing by, below the black coach.

"Why you stop in the realm of Ghrynn?" Claus said, filled with curiosity.

"Tuti say we need stop here."

"Who is Tuti"

"Tuti is the head of the Council of Star Masters for the temple of the Restful One."

"Land ahoy!" Claus and Xavi were interrupted by the ecstatic Chadsun, who had his head protruding through the coach's window, as to not befoul the interior of the
    carriage with vomit.

"Ahh yes, the Dearth Coast!" Claus exclaimed, as the unmistakable jungle covered chalk hills, illuminated by the moon, began to drift into view.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  9. samheim
    Ripperdactil

Maw-gritch all of a sudden felt a light sinking feeling in his stomach, as he heard a loud "floop" sound.

"skarrrrrr snik snik" The plague monk cried in defiance as he prepared to meet the great horned one.

The Rocket Train, shot out of the end of the service tunnel and went several hundred feet into the air, it's nose then began to dip earthwards.

Skit-warp-tail was in no mind to quit his celebrations.

"Woo, woo, woo!"

"Oh no no - please!" Maw-gritch mumbled faintly to himself, ignoring the maniac sitting on top of him.

Maw-gritch felt the trajectory of the Rocket Train change, as it began to hurtle towards the ground.

So this is it, i die! He thought to himself. He lifted his right paw, and placed it over his eyes.

The cart, miraculously hit the ground with a perfect angle, its hard, solid wheels tearing up the Jungle floor.

The cart began to slow, and then came to a violent stop as it crashed into a tropical fruit tree.

Skit-warp-tail was flung forward and smashed his long snout into the front of the cart.

Maw-gritch piled in on top of him, then they both fell backwards.

"I not dead?" Maw-gritch said astonished.

"I not die?, no-not die!" he said to himself again.

"I think I broke a bone" Skit yelped as he clasped at his long snout, trying to stifle the torrent of blood, leaking from his nostrils.

"We not dead! we not dead!" Maw-gritch rejoiced.

Maw-gritch grabbed at the ceiling of the Rocket train, and tried to slide it forward. It was un-movable. He desperately looked for a reason to explain it.

--------------------------------------------------------

Snoot-tender-paws, had been running advance guard duty at the exit of the service tunnel, when he had heard the thunderous roar of the Rocket Trains propulsion system
    approaching the end of the service tunnel's rail tracks.

He had ordered his troop of fifty gutter runners back into the the jungle and to lie low.

They had watched, as the mining cart with huge gout's of flame, launched from the tracks and high into the air, then landed and crashed into a coconut tree. The upper half of the tree
    had toppled on top of the mining cart.

Snoot quickly ran towards the cart with half a dozen of his gutter runners, while the rest of them spread out into the forest, on high alert in case anyone had been alerted to their position
    by the commotion of the Rocket Train.

"Quick move-move the tree!" Snoot could hear scratching and loud squeaking from inside the cart.

Finally the gutter runners were able to remove the foliage from the top of the cart. They slid the lid of the cart off.

"AIR-AIR!" Maw-gritch leapt from the cart, taking big gulpfuls of air.

"Rat do-down" Skit-warp-tail said to the gutter-runners peering over the lid of the cart.

"Quickly, take-take the warlock to guard station. Fix-fix his snout." Snoot gestured with his paw, and the gutter runners carefully lifted the warlock from the cart
    and began to carry him towards the exit of the service tunnel, where the gutter runners had established a hidden supply cache.

Maw-gritch regained his composure.

"Quickly! do-do this now-now!" the plague monk said with much urgency.

"Spread out gutter runners, along coast, look at the sky-sky. Flying lizards will arrive soon, we need to-to follow them, find their base-base, report location to Malgrix."

"Quickly, disperse the order" Snoot squeaked. The gutter runners began to run off and pass around the order, finding the gutter runners, who had already delved deeper in the jungle.

10. samheim
    Ripperdactil

"Zo, where to now?" Claus shouted against the wind to the Xavi the air troop leader.

"Head that way" Xavi pointed north west.

"City of Hamborgan is two hours, this speed" Xavi added.

"Yes I know's the vay's to Hamborgan, I thought ve vere taken you to your temple" Claus said looking confused.

"Not allowed take, outsiders to Temple Of The Restful One." Xavi said frankly.

"Oh come on, look at us, ve are only seven, ve not an army." Claus said smiling at Xavi.

Xavi thought long and hard.

"Yes you come to Temple Of The Restful One. But not up to me, if you leave." Xavi said, his left eye flickering round to focus on Claus.

"Okay, okay, that's an expense I pay." Claus said winking at the Skink.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The commandeered Black Coach passed over the coast, and began to head west as per Xavi's instructions.

The adventurers, Skink pilots and Claus watched as morning began to brake, revealing the endless thick jungle below.

The Black Coach travelled further and further inland, Claus from his vantage point watched as the jungle below began to thin, and then start to clear,

Finally in the distance the faint outline of the Temple Of The Restful One began to take form on the horizon.

"Mein god! it's huge!" Claus exclaimed.

"Yes, it is very big" Xavi said, winking at the astounded Claus.

Claus gazed in awe at the huge pyramid on the horizon for a few moments more.

"Interceptors inbound, let me do this." Xavi said.

"Huh where?" Claus said, looking around.

He looked below, as hundreds of Ripperdactyls began to rise up from the forest beneath them.

Xavi began to shriek a series of high pitched whistles.

A huge Ripperdactly with a Skink covered in brightly covered feathers drew level with the Black Coach.

"Xavidollas, what you doing?" Nortondo said as he glared at the ethereal steeds.

"It's hard to explain, need to put down. Recover agent Choo Choo. Need audience with Tuti."

"Xavidollas, you broke first rule. And bringing undead to temple of the restful one? I can't help you get out of this trouble" Nortondo waved his reptilian hand to the
    Sky Defenders, motioning them to back off.

"Okay take it down. Land outside perimeter." Nortondo began to dip downwards on his flying beast.

Claus tugged the reigns three times and the ethereal steeds began to descend, he followed Nortondo to the landing zone.

The Black Coach touched down on the uneven cleared jungle floor. He brought the coach to a standstill, about fifty or so burly walking lizards with black and gold clubs, quickly surrounded the coach.

Xavi excitedly whistled and clicked. The Saurus stopped and raised their shields.

"What is this Xavidollas? you bring a necromancer to The Temple Of The Resful One? Our home?" the low heavy tone of the voice, seemed to make the Black Coach vibrate.

"Garakas, not necromancer! this is undead hunter from Hamborgen!" Xavi pleaded to the Saurus Scar Veteran.

"Wait there, all of you, including you Xavi, this is matter for his excellence Luhumi to decide." Garakas said giving a very serious look. Claus held the reigns and looked directly forwards,
    afraid of making eye contact with the lizard beasts.

Meanwhile Sue and the other human passengers who had travelled inside the Black Coach, observed the hostile looking lizards through the coache's windows.

Time passed, Claus's mouth was very dry. He dared to peek round from the corner of his eye, and he could see Garaka's still standing mutely staring at him.

"Fiizzzappps!" Claus turned his head to where the noise was emanating from. He saw as light and sparks began to converge into a very fat bloated reptilian like creature,
    It was sitting on a stone throne and had disproportionately small limbs for it's body.

Claus watched anxiously as it began to talk in a slow croaky rumbling voice.

"Xavidollas, what is the meaning of this? you bring our enemies to our home?" Luhumi said his huge eyes transfixed on the Skink troop leader.

"Luhumi your excellence, we find Choo Choo he has important information. My human friend Claus, kill vampire, and steal coach. He save me and all my pilots. Rippers poisoned, die half way home." Xavi said meekly.

Luhumi contemplated for a moment. Then raised his small hands and began to mouth some words in a strange spidery tongue.

An orb of energy appeared above the coach and started to spin rapidly, the ethereal steeds shrieked and struggled, a moment later they were sucked into the orb, other
    spirits were sucked out of the coach too, leaving it drained of it's supernatural animation.

The coach fell abruptly forward, Sue fell on top of Chadsun who had been sitting opposite her. "Get off me!" Sue said,

"No it was an accident!" Chadsun said. "Well why is your hand still cupping my breast? you can move it now!" Sue snapped angrily.

"I just put my hand there, otherwise your breast would squash against my pauldron, for crying out loud women, not all men are sexual perverts! and also I am board of seeing your big floppy tit's now anyway" Chadsun stated defiantly.

"Oh fuck off." Sue said pushing her way off Chadsun and outside of the carriage.

"Greetings man things." Luhmi said as he watched Sue and the companions line up beside the now exorcised Black Coach.

"This is our temporary home in the realm of Ghyran. You have been granted permission to bask in the awesome presence of the Restful One." Luhmi said, amused at the humans terrified faces.

"You can relax, we are not going to eat you." Luhmi said jokingly.

"Well that's something I zuppose!" Claus responded.

"I never meet a manfolk before, but I hear much about you." Luhmi said.

"Come with me, we will go to eat, while Xavi and Choo Choo report their findings to his excellence Tuti." The excited Luhmi said beckoning the adventures to follow him, as his throne floated along the road leading to the large
    encampment outside the giant pyramid overshadowing them.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  11. samheim
    Ripperdactil

Luhumi lead the companions along the road, the Saurus marched either side of the companions. Garakas stood at the front, in between Luhumi and Sue's party.

"Your probably wondering why we speak your language?" Luhumi asked the group.

"Well, let me tell you, it is you, who actually speak our language!" Luhumi continued to waffle on.

"I can only devise, that some children of the passenger found their way here many generations ago, and decided to craft you man things."

"Your gods?" Claus asked carefully.

"Good heaven's no. We are just humble attendees to the passenger." Luhumi said, his thick croaking voice chuckling.

"Vill ve get's to meet the passenger?" Claus asked enthusiastically.

"Unfortunately not I am afraid. The passenger will not be awake for many generations yet. Not until the Reunion Of The Stars."

Sensing Claus's next question Luhumi continued.

"We came from beyond the nebula, at the edge of everything. We travelled a distance that has so far taken the length of time, of two hundred generations of Slann.
    We are headed for the centre of everything. There we will meet the passengers siblings."

"What's a nebula?" Asked Sue.

Luhumi paused for a moment.

"Something that's very far away. Now let us discuss what it is, we are to eat. Our Skink artisans will prepare a banquet that is harmonious with your palate."

"Well I like fish." Sue answered.

"Well then, fish it shall be." Luhumi said, as they began to approach the out skirts of the encampment.

12. samheim
    Ripperdactil

"Snoot!"

"Here-here" The returning gutter runner headed towards where Snoot-tender-paws and Maw-gritch were hiding beneath some large leaves in the jungle.

"No-not possible go futher. See many, many lizards men. Skinks up ahead, every-everywhere guarding." The gutter runner said beathing heavily.

"Good-good, Snoot pull out your troop, no-no risk Seraphon discover we are here. Mark path back here. Wait-wait for main tunnel construction." Maw-gritch squeaked quietly.

"Wait-wait, why-stop? me survey lizards. Find best spot for attack-attack!" Snoot replied with his nasally voice.

"No not important, Malgrix bringing everything. Sur-surprise only important. return to coast-tunnel now." Maw-gritch insisted, as he turned and began to move hurriedly back the way they had came.

Snoot waited until Maw-gritch was out of ear shot.

"Everyone return-return. Except you Fat-toes. Keep secret, go-go and find Seraphon ship. No-no fail." Snoot then turned and began to follow Maw-gritch out of the jungle.

13. samheim
    Ripperdactil

Falk Zimmermann tilted his head upwards to stare at the sign above the miners refuge.

"Hamborgen, Free City Of Friends"

The sign had a picture of a noble man clinking an ale mug against a stout looking dwarfs tankard.

"Com on ya fairy, scared of ya beer!"

Falk turned his head to meet his rotund dwarven friends serious face.

"Nils, I am not drinking with you all night again. It's hard enough to wake up as it is, without the headache!".

Nils Bergström, frowned profusely, it had been a long day for the Iron Breaker.

"Ya hear, boy's, the captain of the Hamborgen Hammer Fellows, is to fooking panzy, to drink with us!"

The dozen or so dawrfs began to howl with laughter.

"No, it's not that, it is you are so depressing! I don't want to hear negative stories in the few hours leisure time I have free from the mine, before I have to sleep"

Falk, said agitated.

"You fooking coont!" Nil's said, a hurt expression covering his pudgy face.

"You think we stunties don't know how to have fun hey?"

"Fookin coont!" Nils finished.

"Ok, ok, show me this fun then." Falk sighed.

"I show you fooking fun you uptight coont!"

Falk realising he had very little choice but to endure another evening drinking in the tedious mining refuge, shook his head.

"Look you wee bairn, I been havin fun, fun like you don't know, since before your grand da hav his first wank. Ya dare tell me about fun, you funny coont!"

The furious Nils, lifted his bulky arm above his head and reached for the door handle.

"Fookin, fun, coont."
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

14. samheim
    Ripperdactil

"For, fuck sake's, why do you have to shit in the night when we are all in the cell?" Othmar shouted in frustration.

"I can't help it, I do when I need to go." Utz replied, his face red with embarrassment as he squatted over the filthy wooden bucket.

"Prrrrrrrrpt!, ka sploosh, ks sploosh"

"oh mein gawd!"

Othmar struck at his flint, desperately trying to light the char cloth on top of his pipe.

"I swears, this is the last time I warn you Utz, you do this again, and I am going to drown you in that bucket of your own shit."

Körbl sat on his bed, covering his face with his dirty shirt. He was to tired after the day breaking rocks at the mine to bother complaining.

His wrists were sore from where the iron shackles had sat all day long, he leaned back and fell into a deep sleep, mercifully not having to remain conscious in the stinking cell.

"At last!" Othmar, finally got his pipe lit, he sucked on the pipe hard, blowing out billowing clouds of smoke, in the hope that the strong tobacco would mask the smell of the defecation.

Utz, finally stood up, he placed his pillow over the bucket in an attempt to contain the aroma. He walked over to his bunk which was below Körbl's bed, and climbed inside and pulled the covers over himself.

Othamar was furious, that another night he would not be able to unwind. He couldn't think about his old life outside, he couldn't think about day dreams or anything he liked to.

The stench was over powering, and made his escapism impossible.

Cursing, exhausted, he climbed into his own bed, and pulled the covers over his head.

15. samheim
    Ripperdactil

The day dragged, as it often did after binge drinking, Falk somehow managed to keep upright, mechanically going through the motions, as he ordered his guards to perform their various duties.

"Hey, major Falk?" Othmar shouted.

"Vat is it?" Falk snapped wearily, trying hard to make his iron cold image convincing.

"Vee finish loading the sixteen carts. Can vee have brake now sir?" Othmar asked the warden sincerely.

Falk frowned, "Yes, I zuppose zo. 30 minutes and no more. Go over there with Vladislav, I don't want the other prisoners to zee you."

"Thank you, Falk." Othamar turned to Utz and Körbl "Come , let's go."

They turned and walked off towards the back of the mine entrance. The three of them lifted up the iron chains linking their shackles together, as they awkwardly shambled
    towards the stony clearing.

"I would sell my soul for a pork steak and potatoes" Utz said sadly.

"Utz, fuck sake's, nein talking about food." Othmar snapped.

"Vell vat am I zuppose to talk about then?" The hurt and frustrated Utz said in a voice that was almost breaking up.

"Zomething, we don't all vant, and can't have." Othmar said, as he sat down on a large granite rock. Utz and Körbl took their places on the rock as well, the men's shackles clanging noisily against the granite.

The time passed as they sat quietly, gazing at the beautiful scenery mount Frikadellen had to offer. All three men lost in their own thoughts.

"cough, cough cough" Körbl began heaving, his chest ruptured by a heavy phlegm laden cough. He spat out a large lump of the stuff on to the ground in front of them.

"Not holding up to good?" Othmar said, emphatically.

"Nein, thoze depths are killing me."

Othmar observed the black lump of phlegm. Not really knowing what to say. Othmar knew it was bad, there was no making light of it. There was also no way out of
    spending the second half of their day down in the sooty depths with those asshole dwarfs.

"Vell, ya know, Friday today! vhen vee get back to the canteen tonight, it should be pig hoof and porridge for dessert, all the stuff you need to get vell again."

Körbl looked at the old ganger and gave a sad smile, "One day, this all be behind us hey?".

"Ya, sure." Othmar paused for a moment "One vay or dee other."

"Ok let's go and zee that coont Nil's" Othmar said imitating Nils gruff voice.

The men stood up and began to make their way towards the front of the mine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chadsun gazed dumbfounded at the huge lizard temple, casting a long dark shadow over the entire encampment area.

"Here is you fish sir." Chadsun looked approvingly as the serving skink laid the large wooden platter down on the table. The fish had been expertly grilled and
    the smell of the parsley and garlic sauce was like music to Chadsun's nostrils.

"That's really something" Eligbert exclaimed, as he unfolded his travelling knife and fork, and began to cut the fish into manageable chunks.

Luhumi smiled with delight as his own much larger platter loaded with a huge conga eel was placed in front of him.

Another service Skink placed a large basket of bread rolls on the table. Claus grabbed hungrily at the roll, and broke it in half and began to eat it.

He noticed that although it looked like bread it was definitely not made out of wheat. However the taste made for quite a nice compliment to the Sea Zander they were eating.

"Let me show you something"!" Luhumi said, he picked a chunk of bread up and began to swirl it around his plate.

"You see! this is how I scoop up all the goodness!" Luhumi gave Claus a knowing smile.

The middle aged Claus felt all eyes on him, as he benifited from the ancients feeding lesson.

"Ya thanks, that's zomething new, I make sure I do zis from now on." Claus said, feeling rather silly.

Sue felt a cool breeze on her skin in the late afternoon, the hot sun now beginning to make it's decent in the west.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So agent Choolil'dact'fodailius, what are your findings?" Tuti said as he sat upon his great stone throne inside a large canvas tent that had been erected as the
    Seraphons command station.

"Your excellence, is very bad news. Travel to the Never Green Peaks, past the river Clot. Dirty One's cut huge hole in ground, dark things walk from it." Choo Choo finished.

Tuti rubbed his chin with his small hand. "What does it look like they are doing?" He asked Choo Choo.

"Don't know, the hole is well hidden, in between many tall mountains on all sides."

"How did you survive in such cold Choo Choo?"

"I only went to foot of Never Peaks. Paid man spy, much gold to investigate."

Tuti exhaled, as if blowing out all of the tension. "Well then, how do we know he didn't falsify his findings?" He said one eye lid raised higher then the other one.

"Dirty One's chase me! half way across Gyrahn. Big powerful Dirty One."

"Yes that does seem a cause for concern. We will make preparations to leave Gyrahn within the next week."

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  16. samheim
    Ripperdactil

"Come on, ya bastid dirty coon'ts!, get down that fookin hole!"

Othmar groaned "ahh, shit, the little bastid has the blood today."

"Körbl, come on, your a skinny coon't, this hole looks just the right size for you." Nils loud abrupt voice from beneath his helmet, inside the cramp mining tunnels,
    felt like putting one's head inside a church bell, Othmar thought to himself.

"Nein, I'm sick today. Nils. I don't.." Körbl protested.

"You, You fooking, coon't, don't you think I am sick to? I am sick to my back teeth of having to look at you disgusting scums. You scums. Thiefs, murderers, rapiest!
    You think you get any sympathy from me? now get down that fooking hoole you coon't or else your be going down a wet tunnel instead."

"Nil's, I am imprisoned for not paying duty on imported medical supplies." Körbl said indignantly.

"You fooking bastid! You think that's ok then? what about all the people who depend on that money that you tried to cheat them of?"

"Nil's you really are a piece of shit you know?" is what Körbl heard himself say to Nils in his head.

Instead he made his way over to a small pitch black hole at the end of the tunnel. Wrapping a rope around his waist, he began to descend into the cramp dirty hole.
    He fought back against the claustrophobia that washed over him, running up his back and then up through his throat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ho Ho Ho Ho, Oh Oh Oh Oh, Ho Ho Ho Ho, Ho Ho Ho HO, MEIN TAG IST at an end OH OH OH OH, HO HO HO HO, OH OH OH OH, HO HO HO HO, HO HO HO HO,
    Das Licht ist am Ende, HO HO HO HO,
    "

Othmar sang along with the rest of the convicts as they returned to Brignor Gefängnis. Othmar noted Utz enthusiam, as he belted out the song, his loud booming voice
    standing out. Körbl was to weak to sing, he mumbled under his breath between coughing.

"Friday! Körbl! two days in doors!" Othmar said in a cheerful voice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  17. samheim
    Ripperdactil

Fat-toes waited patiently for the sun to set. He had memorised the positions of all the skink patrols in front of him. He lay prone on the jungle floor, covered in bark and
    mud, his head rested underneath a log of some sort. Insects crawled all over him, he resisted the urge to itch himself.

Finally the sun began to set. He watched as the light began to evaporate. Stealing his chance he carefully began to leave his hiding hole. He crept towards the skink guards.

He carefully passed over the forrest floor, making almost no sound. He saw his opening, a six yard gap between two of the skinks. He dashed forward.

Fat-toes cried out a contorted squeak as the javelin tore through his back and proceeded through his belly. He fell forwards to the floor writhing, the shaft of the
    flexible javelin protruding from his back waved rapidly in the air. Cursing he wondered why he had presumed the skinks couldn't see in the dark.

---------------------------------------------------

Tuti eyed over the strange rat man like creature, the proud skink patrol lizard displayed in front of him.

"Hmmpff" he frowned perplexed.

"Go and fetch me those menfolk that arrived today."

-------------------------------------------------------

"Ya, Skavans." Claus said, acknowledging the filthy creature lying at Tuti's feet.

"And what are these Skavans?"

"Vell, I, ave never seen them before, but I read extensively about them. They are normally reported on the other side of Gyrahn, near the mountains."

"What else did you read?" Tuti studied the overweight, grey bearded witch hunter.

"Vell, there are normally a lot of them. It would not just be one rat, that found his way here by accident."

"What do you mean a lot?" Tuti's big eyes focused as he weighed up contingency options.

"Vell, I read that, when they attacked Düsheimdorf a century ago, there were so many of them, the great priest Luthor said, from the highest tower of his cathedral, out side the city walls there was no clear ground. Only rats going into the horizon on all directions.
    Allzo, its suspected that thee lost city of Colognistberg, fell to a skavans infestation, thirty years ago. But there is no survivors. Every living thing in the city have vanish. It's assumed that the rat men used all people, animals and so forth for food."

"And what would you do Claus, if you were in charge of defending a city, and you found a skavans?" Tuti asked Claus in a sombre tone.

"I vould run patrols day and night until I found their holes. I vould send for helpf." Claus said without hesitation.

"What did the city of Düsheimdorf, do to repel the invasion?" The toad like lizard asked peering deep into Claus's pockmarked face.

"Vell, Düsheimdorf was lost many years before, to a Vampire prince. Luthor was leading an expedition into the city, to reclaim a lost artefact that was inside the cathedral."

Claus cleared his throat and continued.

"The expedition was made up of only a few dozen men. They evaded the sentry's by using the old sewer tunnels that lead from the coast to the cathedral grounds.

Thee Vampire or his undead could not enter the church because of powerful wards. They apparently did not even know Luthor was inside."

Claus's voice took a more sinister tone.

"The rat-men were heading for the Cathedral as well, having learned some how of the artefact as vell. Luthor became trapped in the cathedral, The rat-men were marching
    through the sewers allzo, blocking Luthor's escape route back to the sea."

"SO!" The excited Slann shouted to loudly, unable to contain his enthusiasm to find out what had happened to Luthor.

"Vell, the dead fought vell that day. Luthor said, that from the tower, he see's the Vampire prince, on a huge skeleton dragon, it kill many, many rat-men.

Then many phantasm's appear and catch the Skavans by zurprise. He say there were zo many dead rat-men, he have to wait for months in thee cathedral, almost starving, while an army of ghoul's finish eating the dead rats."

"But how did he survive for months? without supplies?" Tuti said perplexed.

"Ya, good question. vhen Luthor returned on his own, he said it vas his faith that was his only substances he needed. It's widely suspected he vas eating soldiers he vent vith."

"Well, what became of Luthor" Tuti said, as he imagined the scene in his head.

"Zo, people say he drowned when he was swimming in the lagoon near his home. But his body was never seen."

"And what was the artefact?"

"Vell he said it was a talisman that would allow mortals to ascend to Azry. But he didn't bring anything back vith him. he say, he not able to find it."

"And" Claus picked up on the toad lizard being more attuned then he had first appeared.

"And this is the part, I am nein zuppose to tell anyone. I vent to Düsheimdorf fourteen years ago. I follow the sewer along to the city centre. Vhen I make it into the street, I find, there was no cathedral. There was no undead, nor had there ever been.
    "

"And so tell me Claus what did you find there?" The Slann's eyes had become narrow slits. Claus all of the sudden felt light headed.

He raised his arm and pointed out of the canvas tent, "One of those."

"I see." Said the Slann.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------