1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Sunclaw Starhost in 1K Battles

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Vexcor, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Vexcor
    Kroxigor

Vexcor Well-Known Member

Sunclaw Starhost sounds good on paper, but 130 points is a lot in 1K Battles.
    is it worse it? or just drop more units on the board?
    have you made any expierences?

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I don't have any practical experience with it, but IMO it can work in 1k battles.

Sunblood
    Priest
    Starpriest
    Sunclaw bataillon
    40 Warriors
    10 Warriors
    10 Warriors

should be 970 points if I am not mistaken.
    The Skink Priest is for rerolling run,charge, and save rerolls and the Starpriest is for Serpent Staff and magic.

These days I would probably not risk to go without the Starpriest because of the fact that a Purple Sun of Shyish or something like that can ruin those Warriors and without a wizard there isn't much you can do against it.

Will it win tournaments? ... Probably not. But it is not a bad list.

Lezlor likes this.
  3. tom
    Skink

tom Member

I agree with you that any battalion in 1k is a questionable choice. I have tried eternal and just couldn't win with the low model count. Sunclaw isn't as bad given you get twice as many saurus but I can never get past the fact that you could have another unit.
    The only reason it might be worthwhile would be to 1 drop or if you have a particular plan with the extra artefact .

4. Lezlor
    Cold One

Lezlor Active Member

I play it against same size units of clanrats where the rend and extra bites makes all the difference. Add their +1 battleshock with a banner too and they usually flee in droves. So against an army with 6+ save chaff units it’s a really good battalion. Against tougher opponents they can drop like flies unfortunately. Hope that helps out