1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The April Poetry Contest has opened for voting! For more information, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Blog The Jade Host: Mayan Lizardmen

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Warden, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Warden
    Skar-Veteran

Warden Well-Known Member

Enough work has been done on at least one of the thrones to give you an idea of what they might look like, closer to being finished:

warden201710_golden slann WIP shot 08.jpg

More with better lighting are required, but you can see the details on the little foam-base pieces now (the original is in the background, I will do more scale shots later).

I originally tried adding vines with clay but that was a fail, so I switched to the metal wire bend in various curves to stand in for the vines on the palanquin instead. The next experiment will be with tiny leaves, not sure if they will be plastic jungle-plants or something else yet.

I also was going to use hobby-shop jungle plants on the base for the slann's "cushions" but they didn't look right, not sure what I will do for those yet.

All in all pleased with the progress so far, but it is really slow!

2. Aginor
    Skar-Veteran

Aginor Well-Known Member

As always that looks very nice!

Warden likes this.
  3. BeardyGecko
    Kroxigor

BeardyGecko Well-Known Member

Looks great! Have you considered those new bendy GW plants for the 'cushions' not sure how to implement them but worth a look?

Warden likes this.
  4. Warden
    Skar-Veteran

Warden Well-Known Member

I haven't, I will have too look into those. Right now I need to test my fake plant collection; if that doesn't work I may try to make some plant-cushions out of foam or clay. Originally I was also trying to come up with a way to represent "jaguar cushions," something that the ancient Mayans used on their thrones, but that idea didn't pan out.

Aginor and BeardyGecko like this.