1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Shrine to Lost Armies

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Crowsfoot, Jan 24, 2018.

1. BrotherSutek
    Ripperdactil

BrotherSutek Well-Known Member

I didn't think they would kill off a popular army but this is GW so you never know. Still it would have been a crazy move on their part.

Imrahil likes this.
  2. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

WRT Vampire Counts and TOW, remember that they only announced the first wave of releases. From what I've been able to gather, factions not in that initial 9 will be getting temporary PDFs. Not great if their PDF releases for Horus Heresy are anything to be believed, but some would argue that it's better than nothing at all at the moment.

3. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Exactly, and I personally think that those will just be placeholders until campaign supplements featuring these other factions are released later on, so that players who have any existing Fantasy army can get playing with some sort of TOW army list straight away, essentially the 'Ravening Hordes' of this edition.

4. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

Amusingly, with the base size change from 20mm to 25mm for the smallest minis, it's entirely possible that all you really need to play your AoS'd minis in TOW are movement trays fitted for circular bases.

5. BrotherSutek
    Ripperdactil

BrotherSutek Well-Known Member

That will be good for them and will help gather interest for the game. I plan on only adjusting my bases from the old fantasy size with movement trays. My Skaven army alone has over 400 minis, all scenic based and it'll be a cold day in hell I rebase that. Same for my Empire, dwarves, Wood Elves, lizardmen... Tomb Kings do need better bases so that would be the only army I'd consider this for.

6. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

For VC, it literally just boils down to "most of the big VC characters are currently discorporate, having been recently staked and burned, so you can run them but most of them are re-dead in this timeline."

BrotherSutek likes this.