1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TOW Thunderous Charge and petition to GW?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Kalisto, Mar 21, 2024.

1. Kalisto
    Temple Guard

Kalisto Active Member

Hi!
    I just discovered that Stegadon impact hits give NO AP malus (only stomp attacks)

I wonder if GW have forgotten to add something similar as Ogre that has the Thunderous Charge rule.

I may understand that bastilodon and troglodon give no AP malus in stomps or impact hits. But it’s RIDICOLOUS that Stegadon doesn’t!
    What do you think about it? Maybe shall we contact GW? This is a much bigger nasty mistake more than Strength 4 of the chameleon champion!!

Attached Files:

2. RipperDerek
    Razordon

RipperDerek Active Member

While I would love for the stegadon impact hits to have AP, it is worth noting that alot/most things that cause impact hits do not get AP on them. This includes almost the entire Ogre Kingdom army book, even their big monster the Thundertusk. (Yes, the Stonehorn has Thunderous Charge, but I think it's the only model in the whole list that does. Mournfang have a different rule that give them AP -1.)

Yes Heavy Chariots get -2 AP on impact hits, but all other chariots get none. Also, almost all monsters that cause impact hits (Thundertusk, Great Stag, Doombull, Screaming Bell, War Altar...) don't get AP on them. So the stegadon isn't really unique in this regard.

3. Fxt
    Skink

Fxt Member

Problem is on behemoth rule. They retain all the rules from a heavy chariot except the AP on impact (that can be simply be fixed on the thunderstomp rule)

4. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

I mean,, stegadon are already the best unit in our book. I do not think this changes much, but asking for buffs to the strongest thing we have is kinda suspect, even though this is a weird rule.

5. Kalisto
    Temple Guard

Kalisto Active Member

Half of those you cited have special rules the give them -2 or -1. Something give -0....i have already checked...

6. discomute
    Terradon

discomute Well-Known Member

I mean it is totally illogical given the -ap on heavy chariots. Very possibly an oversight and not intentional.

But stegadons are already good for their points. Additionally, the list of things I'd want to fix for our book would be extensive
    - rippers - impetuous only for units with blot toads and a slight point decrease
    - terradons - slight point decrease
    - Kroxigor - point decrease
    - razer & salas - major points decrease
    - chameleon, bring back -1 Camo or point decrease
    - better or cheaper magic item
    - clarity on the chief on stegadon rules

Then tow.itself
    - nerf dragons
    - linehammer
    - infantry across the game cheaper/better

So yeah it really is a minor blip in the scheme of things

7. Kalisto
    Temple Guard

Kalisto Active Member

I agree with you but is much more realistic to point that they forgot to add a rule than make a major change of the whole army. They are not going to do it until the will publish a lizardmen book. Maybe in 2-3 years.. if we are lucky since it’s not guaranteed.