1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To all the slow painters out here!!!

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by SeBM, Feb 4, 2011.

1. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

Two washes done on 6 models. I'm gonna take a break to relax the neck a little bit and I should be back around 6h20 Eastern Time.

2. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Rokanos Well-Known Member

ahhh...SebM...you have me torn between stargate and star trek to watch while I paint now. Haha. :pompus:

3. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

Hahaha, I started watching DS9 with my GF and now I'm watching TNG alone. Lots of video time for painting :D.

4. Josh Ichimaru
    Cold One

Josh Ichimaru Member

I started my slann from scratch today, I didnt take a photo thought, ive been painting for almost 7 hours strait now and im only half done if that I also took a few breaks inbetween, ill take a photo now and post it up with the finsihed slann. Sorry about that, goodluck with your painiting everyone!

5. Josh Ichimaru
    Cold One

Josh Ichimaru Member

also my steg in http://lustria-online.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6040&start=10, I havent touched it since that post, the head is still in the sprew thing, and so is all the howdah, plust the chasi u have painted still needs a few touch ups, considering the howdah is the harder bit to paint would i be able to get 2 or 3 points out of this model considering it is slightly painted already?

6. sevensevensare49
    Kroxigor

sevensevensare49 Member

This is the paint scheme I'm trying with my High elves.
    P1030732.jpg

7. lambobolt
    Skink

lambobolt New Member

So is it too late to join in? im definitely a slow painter, and need to get some motivation on painting, so this is a great idea! And i just got some razordons that i can start with since im having a really hard time deciding on my skink and saurus skin colors....
    thanks

8. sevensevensare49
    Kroxigor

sevensevensare49 Member

Not as far as I'm concerned - the more the merrier!

9. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

It's never too late to join the fun!!! Especially since I'm not the one keeping track of paints and all :D.

10. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

I expected to have something done by now, but I might be changing the skin color of my Saurus Warriors to match with the scales I like. I'll try to post something soon.... I'm really the slowest painter ever :D.

11. lambobolt
    Skink

lambobolt New Member

So here are the before pix of my starting effort. First off is 3 razordon hunting packs. I picked them up used, and just reprimed some of them white. So i guess ill try a new skink paint scheme and see if i like it for the rest of the skinks in the armies.

razordonherdbefore.jpg

razordonherdbefore2.jpg

but since i just saw this program yesterday, i had already started on some more terrain. so here is the primed charnel pit, and the GW Arcane ruins/chaos temple. So ill be working on them as well. so dont know if ill get any more progress tonight, but hopefully ill get some base coating done!

charnelpitbefore.jpg

later

~Edit by Strewart: I got rid of the space after .jpg in your links and they now work~

Attached Files:

12. Josh Ichimaru
    Cold One

Josh Ichimaru Member

after 14 hours of painting my slann is done!!! Well almost, i dont have any greenstuff on me ill get some tomorow and glue him up then ime done!
    heres a pic!
    IMG_0679.jpg
    yes hes not perfect first slann I painted and I hope to god the last, that this is so hard to pain but im happy with how he turned out, the slann dosent look the great in this photo but he looks alot better in person!
    After a break I might pain some skinks or finish my stegg tell me what you all think!!!!

13. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Sevenseven, nice looking HE model. Looks like he could use a bit of wash to add some depth and detail. ;) I'd just go devlan mud on the entire model. Maybe badab on the metal areas afterward.

Josh, thats a cool looking Slann! Nice work. I look forward to seeing the steg finished as well.

Me? Nothing yet. Am finally about to start clearing up a bit though. I think I'm the slowest so far. :p

14. lizardninja
    Temple Guard

lizardninja New Member

Strewart i have beaten you i have done none at all since the 10th :p but i will start today maybe doing some stuff on my carnosaur. :)

15. Juhaaha
    Razordon

Juhaaha Member

what strewart said

16. Larinus
    Chameleon Skink

Larinus New Member

Is this turning into the 'who can be the slowest painter ever' contest? I don't think much would be done if it is. :)

17. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Table cleared, ready to go at least. Have my army list written (in the army list section) so I have a plan for what I need to complete now. Also cleared shelf space for them to be displayed, VC army been packed away. Might get some done monday, its 11pm now.

18. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

It's not about being the slowest, it's about slow painters trying to paint stuff up in a decent ammount of time :D. I think Josh Ichimaru will deserve the first few points of the competition once he manages to glue his Slann. Nicely done Josh, you now have a centerpiece for your army and you can be proud of it.

As for myself, I should be experimenting with a new skin color for my Saurus Warriors. If all goes well, I'll be going from a multiple highlighting skin tone to a simple base color/wash/single highlight scheme which should allow me to finish my 20 Saurus by tuesday. Gotta make sure the colors fit well together first.

19. lambobolt
    Skink

lambobolt New Member

thanks, you dont know how frustrated i was getting trying to figure that out! i followed the directions in the sticky and just couldnt see why it wasnt working! so thanks again

20. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

Here's an example of how to post a miniature with the Lustria-Online tag for the contest. Please note that these pictures are just examples, not finished models :D.

100_1416.jpg

100_1415.jpg

The scales are pretty much done, the skin will receive an entirely new color this afternoon, I'll be experimenting :D.