1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OFFICIAL Woogity Interest Thread

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by protector, Feb 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arnau_27396
    Skink

arnau_27396 New Member

I would like to change my 3 Rex order for 1, and the colossus are fine at 3. Thanks!!!

2. Rikard
    Stegadon

Rikard Well-Known Member

Caprasauridae hit the nail on the head and phrased it far better than I did.

The trouble is that saying there's no obligation because it's unofficial, but that's exactly what you place with such threads, you see the names, the increase in posts and unofficial orders and so pressure gets applied.

Caprasauridae and Gogery like this.
  3. Pyyr
    Jungle Swarm

Pyyr New Member

4. Mooxie
    Jungle Swarm

Mooxie New Member

I would like to pledge for an additional Rex on Horned Stalker for a total of x2 as well as 3x set of colossus

5. Toltecatl
    Razordon

Toltecatl Well-Known Member

Can't really argue against that when I see the reactions that keep coming up, even after your message and mine (the one you quoted)… so i can just agree with you, it's probably better to freeze or close it indeed. @protector ?

Rikard likes this.
  6. protector
    Temple Guard

protector Active Member

@Toltecatl
    I have already sent woogity a PM about this, but I'm going to leave this up for now. As I have previously stated this information is on the other thread, and if you look at the amount of traffic the other thread has with people asking for models then you will see this one isn't different. If others deem it prudent to lock or close the other threads due to people asking for models then I will assuredly close this one, otherwise it just seems really silly, like saying a library can only be open if people randomly throw books on the floor but if someone comes in and puts those same books on a shelf it has to be closed.

@Rikard
    And as far as pressure goes your post in his WIP thread is one of the most desperate sounding to get models, that isn't a bad thing as he knows where you are coming from, but he also knows this whole community just really wants to support him. Since adding this thread the total amount of model sets people were interested in has went from 104 to 111, a whole 6.7% increase.

Either way it is moot for us to talk between ourselves, once woogity logs on he either has me take it down or it stays up, even if it doesn't make logical sense to me if he doesn't want a list of compiled requests then it ends there. Otherwise I like things to be in order and information to flow easily, so if posted publicly as a mess I then will assemble it publicly as a list. But I understand where everyone else is trying to come from so I have removed the names of people who have expressed concern from my post and list until given your permission, the same will be true for anyone else that desires.

7. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

When @woogity made the Crox he compiled the list of names from the thread post and everyone who expressed an interest got a PM from him when it was their turn, as of yet woogity has not created the thread for the coldone but I can see if your compiling the list and provide him with it once he creates a thread then he could cut and paste the list you provide but at the moment we now have 2 threads were people are posting interest in his models and that can be confusing.

I still think your doing a good thing, hopefully @woogity will answer your pm soon.

Gogery likes this.
  8. Rikard
    Stegadon

Rikard Well-Known Member

How on earth did you reach that conclusion? Seriously, I'm rather confused at present as I said the following.
    "Dammit Woogity! How am I supposed to compete when you give away pre-chewed gum? :( (hopefully the humour in that part is obvious)
    Awesome work mate, seriously looking forward to these minis."

And...

"That's weird, mine was saying the EXACT same thing! .... @woogity at the risk of echoing everyone else, let me know when these are available"

However, just on the first page of the thread you have:

"Oh my gosh they are terrifying and beautiful at the same time! Cant wait to paint one of my own!!!"
    "*shut up and take my money meme* They look awesome, what do you mean no pre-orders???"
    "Can't wait holy hell. They are great I'll take so many lol"

Also, Desperation = a state of despair, typically one that results in rash or extreme behavior.
    Keen = having or showing eagerness or enthusiasm.

I'm not going for some sort of attack here, I am genuinely confused with regards to your post, however if you wish (and of course from preventing any kind of negativity), I will leave things be here; I've got a feeling I may not be helping.

woogity, Gogery and Crowsfoot like this.
  9. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Hey thanks for making this thread I was doubting whether my request got through ;).
    Just one thing: for the mounted rex I just want one, maybe I said 2, my mistake :confused:

10. protector
    Temple Guard

protector Active Member

sorry I could have been more specific, but on page 3 is the post I was referring to and why I listed you as wanting one. offering body parts... Sounds desperate lol

11. Rikard
    Stegadon

Rikard Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's called sarcasm, lol. :p

12. protector
    Temple Guard

protector Active Member

@Toltecatl @Rikard
    Got a response from woogity, he is thankful for this right now but we are working out a slightly different way forward, stay tuned for updates.

Gogery and Toltecatl like this.
  13. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Great news!!

14. Toltecatl
    Razordon

Toltecatl Well-Known Member

@protector
    Amazing indeed :) thanks for settling the "issue" with him.

15. Purehammer
    Skink

Purehammer Member

I'd just like to point out I've been missed off the colossus list even though I should be near the top. I posted just before the cut off last time but missed out.

16. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

Would it be fine to post here? I expressed interest but never said how many.

I believe I can edit my post in the other thread to add myself no?

17. maxxev
    Skink

maxxev New Member

well I don't want to be missed off lol, so will post that I would like 3x Colossus please. These will look great in a lizardmen warband.

18. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Oh yes they would :smuggrin:

@protector, and also just to let you know I am only interested in 1 horned stalker ;), thx

19. Steffbxl
    Jungle Swarm

Steffbxl New Member

i have been directed here by @woogity from the cmon forum

so i would also pledge for

- 1x Rex on Horned Stalker
    - 1x Set of Colossus

sboulay72@gmail.com

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  20. Ninu
    Saurus

Ninu Member