1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Viability of large krox units in 8th edition?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Pinktaco, Nov 17, 2013.

1. VampTeddy
    Terradon

VampTeddy Active Member

TBH i don't really care whether they're competetive or not, i just very recently got ahold of 2 of the very old models, they're awesome!!

This makes me want to see if i can't get my 3 existing painted, and order some new special models elsewhere to have a unique unit. Sadly i lost my previous special order because apparently when something is delivered to your door, and you're not home, things can just dissapear before they return to the postal office...

2. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

well of course. This is also why I did this in the first place. This is also why I've tried all kinds of stupid things.

One thing I just though about - with light and WS10 it's actually more of a defensive spell. I mean, sure you can hit on 3+, but against any WS4 and below units they'll hit you on 5+. This'll make staying in combat with as high a model count as possible.

3. rychek
    Troglodon

rychek Active Member

Unfortunately this is not true. Blizzard Aura specifically states that Units in base contact suffer -1S, not models in base contact. This means all ranks suffer the effects, not just the first rank. :(

In spite of that, this thread makes me happy because I now have a use for the five Lizard Ogres I picked up earlier this year. Anyone looking for Kroxigor substitutes should give the Lizard Ogres a chance.

4. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

Mr Phat 9th Age Army Support

......just when I thought I couldn't get more envious on that monster......

Flying? check
    wardsave? check
    armour? check
    S6 T6 ? check
    riderless? check
    economic in pts? check
    magic attacks? check

and now this?...

if scrolls of binding allows us, I will get two.

"why dont you just play HE?"

because I dont like ridiculously big helmets, dresses or fabulous flying boats ....I like dinosaurs! with scales and an ancient purpose!
    (am I the only one that wonders why HE get martial prowess because of their "ages of training" when a Saurus who cant die of old age cant even be taught to use a great weapon before he hits Scar-vet level??)

...sigh....done. Back to subject.

5. Sleboda
    Troglodon

Sleboda Active Member

I am pleased to report (and will make an actual battle report soon) that my newly-increased Krox unit has done well for me. I had been using 6 in a unit and they were doing ok-ish. Last night I went up to 8 and they bagged a Keeper of Secrets!

I really like Kroxigor. I am used to Ushabti that cost more, move more slowly, have less armor and a lower Strength. The price of Kroxigor sounds like a bargain to me.