1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. vs ogre tactics

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by forlustria, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Ejpok
    Temple Guard

Ejpok New Member

Easier said than done.
    I do have one question, If i cas Curse of the midnight wind on the highier level, turning it ino a sphere 12" from the Wizard, does the ogre player get to redirect the spell from its Runemaw too?

P.S I know that Slamanders are useless vs ogres, but Its a tournament list...

2. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

if its a bubble spell, it has no "target" so he cant force you to change the target.

as for sallies against ogres, do not be so quick to dismiss them. ogres have terrible Ld and it can be easy to cause one casualty. just shoot his unit with skinks first to knock off 1-2 wounds. if he has a fairly standard unit of 6 ogres, one sally can then cause 6 hits, and on average 2 wounds, so that would kill an ogre and force a panic check. often you see a unit of 6 bulls outside the Ld bubble, and panic on Ld 7 is NOT fun (for them :bored:)

3. Ejpok
    Temple Guard

Ejpok New Member

I know that:) esp when a unit is 12 3x4 than a Salamander will do quite good. The only problem is that the IG have an LD of 8 + thier standard bearer has Standard of discipline and there is a BSB with them:( But luckly I will force him to reroll 6s:D and this will hav to do:) And some Comets:)

4. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

so he ONLY has that unit? if so, its easy. just redirect to set up a flank charge. if not, kill his other stuff.