1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Welcome to Lustria Park! Zheddikus' Paint Blog.

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Zheddikus, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Zheddikus
    Chameleon Skink

Zheddikus Well-Known Member

Finished the last Flyer this morning. I plan on painting the riders later tonight sometime.

Theta
    20161004_132931.jpg 20161004_132941.jpg 20161004_132955.jpg

Second Unit Group Photo
    20161004_133024.jpg

Bowser, SlanntaClause, Warden and 2 others like this.
  2. Zheddikus
    Chameleon Skink

And now for a bit of a look into the next project that I also started. Mostly because I was having fun, and had an idea late last night that I was afraid if I didn't do it I would forget.
    20161004_133118.jpg 20161004_133134.jpg 20161004_133126.jpg 20161004_133213.jpg

Bowser, SlanntaClause, Warden and 3 others like this.
  3. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Nice stegadon! A bit glossy though ;).
    And also love your terradons!

4. Zheddikus
    Chameleon Skink

Yeah. Once everything is done and painted I am getting a matte finish and spraying everything down.

Jorgik likes this.
  5. Zheddikus
    Chameleon Skink

So this has been an ongoing joke at my LGS. It started when I was just beginning my journey into this hobby a few months ago. I and some of the regulars all thought we heard him say skanks instead of Skinks when telling me about them.

So I told him that I would paint the first cohort of Skinks to look as slutty as possible. And with the help of GF here are the results.
    20161005_192932.jpg 20161005_192933.jpg 20161005_193009.jpg 20161005_193149.jpg 20161005_193304.jpg 20161005_193321.jpg 20161005_193334.jpg

Teheloqtec, Bowser, Jorgik and 6 others like this.
  6. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I like how the nail varnish matches the skinks eye liner :D

Jorgik, Zheddikus and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  7. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

That is a lot of vibrant colors! Interesting and colorful army you are producing!

Zheddikus likes this.
  8. neoanomally
    Skink

neoanomally Member

I love how varied your color choices have been. Everything is looking amazing!!!! I need to get some Terradon's after seeing yours :D

Zheddikus likes this.
  9. Zheddikus
    Chameleon Skink

That was actually a complete coincidence. We noticed it when we were uploading the photos and are very glad others got a laugh out of this as well.

I love fielding my flyers. They do sooooo much work against my buddy's army.

I figured all of my Saurus and Skinks are all (except this one batch of Skinks) going to have the same color scheme, I figured I would use all the Dinos and Reptiles to be different. They are my eye candy and the contrast to the solidarity of the Lizardmen.

This has also lead me to trying new techniques which have allowed me to grow as a painter and try and find a style that fits me.

But most of all I am happy that you all are liking the Army!! I have 8 and a half models left to paint:
    1x EotG Howdaw and Crew
    1x Stegadon
    1x Skink Star Priest
    1x Skink Priest
    1x Skink Chief
    3x Terradons/Rippers
    1x Slann

And after that I plan on doing a complete army photo.

Bowser, n810, Crowsfoot and 1 other person like this.
  10. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Can't wait to see the army shot

Zheddikus likes this.
  11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

This is a whole world of AWESOME. My wife and I just had such a good laugh. :joyful:

Great job on the skanky skinks.

Zheddikus likes this.
  12. Zheddikus
    Chameleon Skink

Hahaha. Thank you. I am glad that you two enjoyed it!:D

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  13. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

SlanntaClause Well-Known Member

I really like your skinks colour scheme it makes a refreshing change :)

Zheddikus likes this.
  14. Zheddikus
    Chameleon Skink

Just a small update today. Didn't get much time to paint so this is still a major WIP

20161007_203502.jpg 20161007_203510.jpg 20161007_203515.jpg

Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  15. Zheddikus
    Chameleon Skink

Woo Hoo! I love it when I get more time to paint!!! I just need to get the crew done and do the dreaded triangles....
    20161008_002228.jpg 20161008_002216.jpg 20161008_002204.jpg

I don't yet know if I want to include and paint the bit that goes behind the frill. :/

16. Zheddikus
    Chameleon Skink

One last update before I pass out for the night. This time it's something a bit different... So here is an intro for my Army on Parade.
    The Slann, Pol'y'toad's eyes slowly close. It has been a long, drawn-out day of battling the hoardes of Chaos. He still believes in the will of the Old-Ones for he does not forget, unlike some of the others have. His Pala quin slowly comes to a halt under the shade of a familiar looking tree. Sleep. It is time to sleep. Eyelids begin to feel heavier and heavier. Sleep comes easy. The sweet nothingness of rest.

A loud roar reverberates throughout his body, starltling him awake. Next comes the guttural noise of Saurus and the squeaks of Skinks speaking. Then comes the smell of meaty delicacies of every sort. But most of all came the familiar heat, hot and humid. The sun's rays filling him with life.

His eyes slowly open and he is back. Back to his favorite place in Lustria. Back in his Temple-City. Back in the cheerful park.

Pol'y'toad had created it long ago with the help of his magic, the cunning engineering of his Skinks, and the brute force of Kroxigar. He does not know why he had the instinctual need to build the park, but it gave those who have rarely seen the majestic beasts of the forests a chance to see them outside of battle.

The park also seemed to have a strange effect on his followers. It brought out a sense of joy and excitement. It was one of the few places you could here a Saurus laugh like a mad warm blood.

He floated down the cobbled path flanked by his trusted Gaurds, past the Carnosaurs, past the Cold-ones, past the Bastiladon. He could almost make out what he knew was the aviary with the Terradons and Ripperdactyls.

He was just coming to the food and drink stations, of which have filled his nostrils the entire time with the smell of sweet meats, that are run by a certain spawning of Skinks. He felt something cold and wet run down his face. He looked up but saw nothing but clear blue skies. Drip. Drip. Drip. The dream shattered around Him.

His eyes slowly flutter open, the joy and energy flow out of him as the rain runs over his body. The smile fades back to stoic complacentness. He was back in the world of the present. Back in the endless time of war. But even through the drizzle, he could make out the shapes in the clearing before him. It was in a very familiar pattern. One from a time and a place long past. And he could feel the faintest of smiles begin to form at the corners of his mouth.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    Bowser, tom ndege and SlanntaClause like this.
  17. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Your engine of the gods looks incredible and your skank skinks are hilarious! Great job on all of these!

Zheddikus and SlanntaClause like this.
  18. Zheddikus
    Chameleon Skink

Well. I figured it was time. Here he is. The great Slann Pol'y'Toad!!!
    20161009_202403.jpg 20161009_202409.jpg 20161009_202413.jpg 20161009_202418.jpg

19. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I really like the colours for the great slann Pol'y'Toad! Looks poisonous with those brilliant colours! Also great name!

Zheddikus likes this.
  20. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Looks like he´s about to explode :cool:

:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:

Zheddikus likes this.