1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you doing today hobbywise?

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

Yay, Trugg arrived today! I shall be assembling him today :D

2. WildColonial Boy
    Bastiladon

WildColonial Boy Well-Known Member

Almost finished my Punga Vampire Buccaneer BB team. Just got 2 balls to complete.
    2 Vampires.jpg Cat marker & coach.jpg M & F Thrall.jpg M & F Vampire 2.jpg M & F Vampire.jpg Marker & coffin.jpg Plague Dr and marker.jpg Thrall & cheerleader.jpg Thralls and bats.jpg Thralls coin & lantern.jpg

3. WildColonial Boy
    Bastiladon

The Vargheist was an old Necrarch vampire I've had for years. To make him seem bigger I mounted him on a ships cannon Thralls thief & pick.jpg Vargheist 2.jpg Vargheist.jpg

4. WildColonial Boy
    Bastiladon

These guys were such fun to paint and so full of character. I must say all the Punga BB miniatures I have sponsored by kickstarter are fantastic.

jinjerJosh22 and Imrahil like this.
  5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

6. WildColonial Boy
    Bastiladon

Just got back from visiting my mum down the south coast of NSW. We had an early Christmas together (as I have to work throughout Xmas). plane was delayed due to cyclone Jasper hitting the far north Queensland coast.
    Any way finally finished this addition to my Ogre army.
    When I say finally, it has taken me quite a while. This was one of the first releases of GW's FINECAST models back in 2011.
    Probably a FINE example of why Finecast got such a bad name. It was a terrible cast as their first attempt at resin miniatures. The existing sword is mostly green stuff. So many bits were so flimsy. A lot of holes had to be filled. Even then paint would disappear into a black hole of nothingness on the mini. I'd apply paint and nothing would happen. Sometimes I doubted whether I had paint on my brush.
    So I started this in 2011. In the intervening 12 years I have brought the model out several times, hoping to complete it. Frustration would have me put it away again for another 12 months or so.
    Finally, I tasked myself with finishing him. It has still taken me a couple of months in between other projects.
    At last, I can add him to the shelf where his brothers are displayed. 20231215_130711.jpg 20231215_130722.jpg 20231215_130731.jpg

7. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Nice Ogre.

Finished up two elements of 1700s era guard troops.

Probably going to finish 2 elements of cavalry and some commission work later.

8. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

The Luna Wolves Recon Company grows.

20231215_070609.jpg

The newest additions are the 30 or so despoilers (the plastic boys with the resin chainswords and power axes) and the Proteus-pattern land raider.

9. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

I picked up some paint. Is this what Games workshop prices have come to?

PXL_20231216_191334897.jpg

P.s. this store has probably $10,000 worth of inventory sitting on their shelves, and does not offer a discount off MSRP. They still had age of Sigmar first edition starter set, they had at least 50 copies of Leviathan, plenty in terms of everything else.

If I had $200 spare today I would have bought the flesh eater courts launch box.

jinjerJosh22 likes this.
  10. Krox_v.2
    Razordon

Krox_v.2 Well-Known Member

Well there goes my idea of picking one up to convert into a DoW general for my friend.

I spent part of my day writing up 8th and 6th edition army lists for my Empire and Lizardmen.

11. WildColonial Boy
    Bastiladon

Been working on my Punga Kislev BB team, however that is now in a hiatus whilst I paint up some Imperial Nobility for a mate at work. In Green Bay colours. Kislev 1.jpg Kislev 2.jpg Kislev 3.jpg Kislev 4.jpg IN 1.jpg IN 2.jpg IN 3.jpg

12. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

13. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

WildColonial Boy likes this.
  14. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Let's see, what am I doing, hobbywise? ... ... ... nothing. Absolutely nothing. $3500 of vet bills since November, a new furnace, and having to constantly monitor the sick cat and constantly clean up the mess caused by the cat's illness... means i'm too tired to focus on hobby stuff. Mostly I've been looking at pics of old wfb armies online for Orc ideas.

15. BrotherSutek
    Ripperdactil

BrotherSutek Well-Known Member

WildColonial Boy likes this.
  16. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

Yeah, Punga Miniatures has quite the incredible range for third-party Blood Bowl minis. I'm going to be aiming to get at least two such teams painted up by my gaming group's season play-offs this year.

In other news, I've finally gotten a start on my High Elves for TOW, courtesy of half of an Island of Blood set I managed to trade for.

17. BrotherSutek
    Ripperdactil

BrotherSutek Well-Known Member

I'm fight the urge to splurge on the Snu snu halflings as I already have one halfling team.

18. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

At this point most of my teams consist of Punga minis:
    • Skaven (really just a pirate-themed replacement for my current Skaven team);
    • Underworld Denizens;
    • Vampires;
    • Halflings (Pirate-themed);
    • Humans (Kislevite-themed); and
    • Chaos Dwarfs.

19. WildColonial Boy
    Bastiladon

Hope your cat recovers quickly

20. WildColonial Boy
    Bastiladon

I got the early box of Snusnuug. They are awesome figures. Just hope I can do them justice when I get around to them.

BrotherSutek likes this.