1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you doing today hobbywise?

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Vargheist finished, barrels of paint done for my warpainter

2. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Did a bit shading the horns on the Bloodletters today, also doing a miniature hunt for a model from GW that will fit for another MediEvil character. So far the Daemon Prince is the closest I can to the Stained Glass Demon. Just lacks the glass structure.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  3. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

check out the upcoming chroneas model from mantic games.

little-myth likes this.
  4. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

As to myself, I primed 16 stormcast for my current commission slate. I also made and built up 5 multibases to expand my army, filled a basing order and shipped it, and started painting 5 of those stormcast.

5. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

As to myself, I primed 16 stormcast for my current commission slate. I also made and built up 5 multibases to expand my army, filled a basing order and shipped it, and started painting 5 of those stormcast.

6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

And have you listened to Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence? ;)

7. Christopher
    Terradon

Christopher Well-Known Member

I'm off to play in a three 2K point game mini-tournament/game day at a local game shop I've not visited before.

8. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Did some highlighting this morning, now looking at the pictures posted so far of the 12 hour painting challenge from my local GW store.
    No ones doing Seraphon :(
    Mostly skeletons and Necrons, SCE are another

9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Considering I had to google it just now to figure out what it was... nope :p

10. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Of course. But the link between Space Marines and Chaos Warriors has been there since Rogue Trader, particularly in their design aesthetics. In particular, the large shoulder pieces on their armor are based off of Chaos Warrior armor.

11. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Got some work in last night on my cold ones, primarily doing base coating on the rest of the bits. I also started work on a banner for an astrolith bearer conversion. My only struggle now is getting the banner to attach properly to the left hand. I may have to pin it rather than use plastic glue.

12. Killer Angel
    Slann

Not their best album but now you know :D

13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

So let me get this straight. Your argument is that because Space Marines drew some inspiration from old school Chaos Warriors from 2-3 decades ago and SCE are direct ripoffs from Space Marines, that means that SCE are lawful good Chaos Warriors?

Couple of problems:
    • the link between Space Marines and SCE is far greater than the link between Chaos Warriors and SCE
    • the original inspiration for Space Marines came from Chaos Warriors from 2-3 decades ago
    • the original link between Space Marines and old school Chaos Warriors was pretty much exclusively aesthetic (and loosely at that)
    • the aesthetic link between the current day Space Marines and Warriors of Chaos is extremely weak (for instance Chaos Warriors rarely [admittedly some of the newer AoS stuff does] sport the insanely oversized shoulder pads that exemplify both Space Marines and SCE)

As I said before, that is a pretty wide net you are casting. The link between the two is extremely weak.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  14. Killer Angel
    Slann

Judging from some of the malign portent stories, SCE act more as Lawful Evil… or even better Lawful Neutral. But Good? nope

Crowsfoot and ChapterAquila92 like this.
  15. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Building some Mausoleums today, got a lot to work on for AoP so need to get to work

Crowsfoot likes this.
  16. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

Between yesterday and the day before, I finished swapping out clubs for spears on my saurus warriors and built a starpriest. Today, I got started on a sslyth.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  17. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Ordered some Crypt Flayers, Varghulf and two Carnifexs last night. Forgot to add on the Wight King with Black Axe for my AoP, oh well.
    Forgot how I was going to run my Tyranid list against the Imperial Guard, I remember I was going to anti-tank. Depends if he decides to run a full melee next time. But those tanks. My Carni went to flip tank but the crew jumped out and smothered him in attacks...
    Should be carrying on today with scenery building, hopefully a bit of spraying.

Crowsfoot and Aginor like this.
  18. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Maybe. But they also are both superhuman warriors who live only for war and empowered by their gods to be greater than what they once were. They are truly mirrors of each other.

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  19. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Probably working on a couple projects I brought with me on a trip to work on. No Seraphon, but I brought some Freeguild militia that will double for a Frostgrave warband, as well as some Stormcast and Chaos. (One of the little starter boxes.)

20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Take out the word human, and that describes most of the races in AoS and 40K

That describes just about every race in AoS and 40K

Once again, hardly specific to these two factions.

Not really, for the reasons I stated in my post above:
    http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/what-are-you-doing-today-hobbywise.20843/page-35#post-239232