1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I get?

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Razordon Tamer, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Razordon Tamer
    Jungle Swarm

Razordon Tamer New Member

I recently have started playing fantasy and Have chosen the army of Lustria! To start off I have a saurus regiment and skink regiment. I was wondering if purchasing a Razordon Hunting Pack and Tehenhauin as my leader. Are these good choices?

2. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

Welcome to the board!

Tough question really (for you to answer :p ). The razordon model is beautiful, but general consensus is that salamanders are better tactically in the game (and are still nice models, depending on who you ask). Similarly for Tehenhauin, I like the model, but I've never found him to be very good in-game. You could always use the model as a skink chief/priest if you didn't like his special rules. For gaming purposes, you might want to pick up a scar-veteran/old blood model, as well.

3. Ragnar
    Saurus

Ragnar New Member

WELCOME ABOARD MATE.

Honestly, the most important thing in my opinion is to have fun. If you are playing with your buds and friends in a casual setting, my advice is to take what you like the best! Sure, some things might be slightly better than others, but does that REALLY matter? Heck no ;) As long as you're having fun keep doing what you're doing.

Other than that, it's always good to be able to participate in every phase of the game, especially magic, so get whatever flavour of wizard you desire. I know i've pulled the saurus oldblood wearing a wizard hat. Fun times.

4. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Welcome aboard. As Old Mossy stated, the razordon looks great, but does not perform as well as the salamander. However, I have 2 razordons that I use as salamanders. No one has had a problem with that so far.

Tehehuin is a great model with a very nice base. He can also be added to a Stegadon later on. When just starting an army, he is pretty good for what he can do (while still a little overcosted). You can also just take him as a skink priest.

5. FavoredoftheOldOnes
    Terradon

FavoredoftheOldOnes Member

Expanding on what the others said before me, buy models that you will have fun playing with. Find your play style, what you like/don't like. For competitive play I would go with salamanders, a slann mage priest for your wizard, saurus, skink skirmishers and of course temple guard to accompany the slann. Maybe add in some chameleon skinks for scouts and terradons to harass/take out war machines and lone wizards. Above all, have fun especially if you're just playing casually with friends. Hope this helps and welcome to the board :).

6. Razordon Tamer
    Jungle Swarm

Razordon Tamer New Member

Thank you all this is very helpful and interesting information. I have gone ahead and purchased the razordon and The Slann Mage Priest. Will be posting some pictures at some point when they are built and painted. Also I would like to thank you all for being kind and welcoming me to the site.

7. FavoredoftheOldOnes
    Terradon

FavoredoftheOldOnes Member

No problem at all. Looking forward to seeing the first few models. You'll like it here, everyone is very helpful and most if not all are very talented.

8. Orok
    Skink

Orok New Member

I'm also starting an army, the first thing I'm getting is a box of Saurus, I'm not sure what a good army size is to start off with though.

9. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Start with 500 to 750. Then work your way up.

And Welcome to the board.