1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Colour ?

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Andycano, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Andycano
    Skink

Andycano New Member

Hi All
    Ok so Currently my lizardmen army has 2 colours going through it the traditional blue and then my own purple currently i have a regiment of sauras painted purple but im stuck on what colour to paint their shields ,
    Yellow i find works very well with purple but is such a PAIN to paint :rolleyes: and then alternativly i could paint the shields green , but that would nearly make them look like more like Barney dudes than Sauras :D

Please help :jawdrop:

And please met me know if there is anyway possible to paint yellow without the paint cracking .. going everywhere ... and having to put 20 coats or so on ..

oh Yeah and please note i use GW paints :smug:

2. DavidSS
    Skink

DavidSS Member

A good idea when painting the shield of the Lizard men, is to choose the complementary color, of their skin. In your case, the complementary color of purple, is yellow.

About the 20 layers of paint, I am not sure I can be a big help there, as I almost never use yellow, but I am using a bit of Burbonic Brown on my Kroots, and Burbonic Brown, is basically yellow, and usually a single layer (sometimes 2) is enough :) I would recommend using 2 layers if you are gonna wash your model with Devlan Mud, Badab Black or any of the GW washes :)

3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

how about orange with yellow highlights..?

4. Andycano
    Skink

Andycano New Member

Thanks for the feedback lads :D

Sadly out of all the yellow.....ish colours i have burbonic brown and desert yellow are the only ones i dont have :(

I'll give the Orange with yellow highlights a try as well and see what looks best :D

Thanks again for the feedback :smug: