1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WIP Lizzies

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Guardian of Hexoatl, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Guardian of Hexoatl
    Temple Guard

Guardian of Hexoatl New Member

Here are just a few Skinks and a Suarus Warrior from my new army. They're far from being finished, and they're few in number(There are a lot more to come) but it's a start. I still have a bit of washing and highlighting to do, along with the basing(the models aren't actually glued to the bases yet). And dont worry, the weapons are gonna be Gold/Brass lol not that Old worldish sacreligious silver ;)

Skinkies.jpg

Saurus.jpg

2. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

i think (as i always do, lol) that a liberal coat of badab black, or possibly a brown ink will do marvels for those models. i recommend a thick layer of ink followed by a quick highlight with each base color at the edges, and you will have a great looking group of models.

if you are usually painting gold over silver, let me recommend you to instead use GWs yellow "foundation" paint as a basecoat for gold. it makes it much easier to get a nice golden color than painting over silver or black.

GL
    /T

3. dictator
    Cold One

dictator New Member

I agree with Tsunami. Those models have a very clean lined paint job. You've got to get some ink/was on those models with a highlight! Good luck.

4. T`hinker`er
    Salamander

T`hinker`er Active Member

They look great and I'll echo what the others are saying about shading and highlighting. My only complaint is that I have seen more than enough Lizzie armies done in blue, but that's just me...

5. dictator
    Cold One

dictator New Member

There is a lot of blue, but that is like saying most people paint dark elves in black, or wood elves in brown and green, or night goblins in black.